Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 06-25-2017, 07:44 PM   #2041
FarronFox
Frackin!

Being a longtime Ninja Turtle fan I realise the original comics had them as having white eyes with their red bandannas, but with everything else being realistic on these (the scales and scarring, etc) I do wish they gave them pupils of sorts as well.

Due to the lack of pupils it somewhat makes these turtles look as though they're blind, like some sort of underground mole. I know the ninja turtles live in the sewers which is in the ground, but they're not known for being blind. It's my only nitpick with these in that I wish they had actual eyes to go along with everything else being realistic.
FarronFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 08:27 PM   #2042
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingB79 View Post
No regrets at all either. So happy with the decision. Crazy all the people who feel so deceived by SS. I was expecting these to be in the 1/5th (ish) range so no loss of sleep here.
Look at the pick with th Com's, pretty big difference between 1/5 and 1/6.
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 08:57 PM   #2043
KingB79
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I did. Not bothered. I knew these weren't going to be as big as the coms.
KingB79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 09:47 PM   #2044
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post
Look at the pick with th Com's, pretty big difference between 1/5 and 1/6.
Yes after I saw the pic next to the original coms. That was the nail in the coffin for me.
I love the sculpts so much. But the scale is way off for me. Congrats to those who loves it.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 11:33 PM   #2045
Vracula
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post
I think it looks great,
Just $1400 for a set of 4 1/6 scale is too much. These were a nice little treat when they debuted and everyone thought they were larger. I'd have rather gotten 1/4 at $500 a pop. Just don't get SS thinking on this.
Yeah I was shocked at the price when they were released considering how stuff was just increasing in price. Not sure why SS chose a smaller size, it makes no sense, highly doubt licensing restrictions.

I guess SS slipped it past us and thought no one would notice. Can't beleive people who went to SDCC didn't bring this up.

Honestly I don't beleive they are tiny though, but then I am not too concerned with size ( bigger doesn't mean better in my book) so I can see why people are upset. I think it still is a good idea especially if you have leo on order to wait till this comes home and then decide.
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 08:51 PM   #2046
Darkhumor
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vracula View Post
Some more pics ,don't give a crap what people say these are stellar. Leo alone has such a prescence, the whole team is going to look spectacular.

Awesome photo's!! Even though Im not thrilled about the size, Im excited to get him tomorrow. Its nice to have variation between designs, as long as theyre not too far out from the original look. (I.E. Ogre Bay turtles.) And at least they have some actual collectibility to them, and theyre not up in the thousands upon thousands. So theyre definitely going to be rare, and hard to pick up eventually.

Grail status? Only time will tell. There's only two other sets that command a heavy price tag- the coms, and the playmates mirage turtles. And I see these following right behind.

By the way, low stock on reg Leo!!
Darkhumor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 12:46 AM   #2047
Vracula
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkhumor View Post
Awesome photo's!! Even though Im not thrilled about the size, Im excited to get him tomorrow. Its nice to have variation between designs, as long as theyre not too far out from the original look. (I.E. Ogre Bay turtles.) And at least they have some actual collectibility to them, and theyre not up in the thousands upon thousands. So theyre definitely going to be rare, and hard to pick up eventually.

Grail status? Only time will tell. There's only two other sets that command a heavy price tag- the coms, and the playmates mirage turtles. And I see these following right behind.

By the way, low stock on reg Leo!!

Thanks they are just Iphone pics. I hope you like yr Leo when he arrives
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 01:09 AM   #2048
Parallax
Nightwing

I don't understand how people are saying they feel misled when the exact dimensions were known from day one. 14.5" x 10" x 13". It's been there since last year. They were on display at comic con. Sideshow didn't change any info nor did they make them smaller. If you feel misled it's because you jumped to your own conclusions about this set and ordered them without reading everything.
Parallax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 02:24 AM   #2049
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parallax View Post
I don't understand how people are saying they feel misled when the exact dimensions were known from day one. 14.5" x 10" x 13". It's been there since last year. They were on display at comic con. Sideshow didn't change any info nor did they make them smaller. If you feel misled it's because you jumped to your own conclusions about this set and ordered them without reading everything.
Not this S$/@ again!

Ok, I'll play.

What scale is this piece? 17 x 11 x 14?

1/4 scale OG Wolverine PF.
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 03:08 AM   #2050
Darkhumor
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Some of these people are broken records. These boards are the very definition of insanity.
Darkhumor is offline   Reply With Quote