Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 06-22-2017, 09:24 PM   #91
Synzaic
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Went on waitlist for EX robin, scarcrow, two face and beyond and all 4 converted 2 days ago lol.....had to cancel robin and beyond....video reviews look great for two face.

Robin and beyong look amazing but its soooo much money ugh
Synzaic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 09:32 PM   #92
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

My thoughts on the Sideshow waitlist is that it probably more reflects Sideshows inventory of Prime 1 pieces and not the actual supply situation at Prime 1. Thus Waitlist and sold out from Sideshow can be deceiving because it only reflects their inventory condition and not general availability from Prime 1, especially if it is an automated system at Sideshow. Perhaps waitlist items are those that Sideshow would place an order for a customer from Prime 1 and maybe a few extra pieces for stock. That way they can avoid some over inventories. Not to mention, no discounts on waitlist items. Or maybe it's a master plan to just charge full price on waitlist items.
Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 04:21 AM   #93
gorocketcat
Sailor Moon

A youtube video is up. Looks good. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8qi0rG1bOM

Mine arrives Friday. Moderately excited.
gorocketcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 04:05 PM   #94
Synzaic
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorocketcat View Post
A youtube video is up. Looks good. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8qi0rG1bOM

Mine arrives Friday. Moderately excited.
Is the exclusive that sweet wrestlemania shirt?
Synzaic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 04:46 PM   #95
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

Love mine.
candyrocket786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 07:33 PM   #96
gorocketcat
Sailor Moon

Opened mine up. Quality control failed a bit on mine. He doesn't fit flush onto the base, no matter how much I try. And because of the shiny red paint they use, scratches are very apparent. Mine has a couple on his back. I'll try and take some pictures and post them.

I like him, but in no way is he almost $1k. He's a very simple statue. If I wasn't committed to getting a badass 1/3 Batman display going I'd have passed.

Harley felt like quality and had a ton of extra accessories, switch outs and faces.

Two-Face has an amazing paint up and fun switch outs.

Robin is just...very plain.
Old 07-01-2017, 09:44 AM   #97
papadoom
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Quality issues should indeed not happen when you buy a 900$ statue!

But otherwise I only partially agree with you. He might not be as detailed as Harley, but he has a very very good presence in the collection and he's also very well done in my opinion. I also love the cape, although I don't like how it is connected to the neck are. The should have found some kind of different solution.

I also think that 750-800$ would have been enough for the statue, but 900$ just seems to be their lowest price for the Arkham line statues, so he's on the lowest end and that's fair.
papadoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 12:26 PM   #98
aa909
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by papadoom View Post
Quality issues should indeed not happen when you buy a 900$ statue!

But otherwise I only partially agree with you. He might not be as detailed as Harley, but he has a very very good presence in the collection and he's also very well done in my opinion. I also love the cape, although I don't like how it is connected to the neck are. The should have found some kind of different solution.

I also think that 750-800$ would have been enough for the statue, but 900$ just seems to be their lowest price for the Arkham line statues, so he's on the lowest end and that's fair.
Agree, QC issues aside this is a statue with a lot of presence. The red paint on the armor really pops and the details on the boots, gauntlets, mesh armor and head sculpt are excellent...
aa909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 12:28 PM   #99
aa909
The Green Hornet

aa909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 03:01 PM   #100
gorocketcat
Sailor Moon

You must have a ton of room behind him to be able to display him with the staff extended. Because of the shelf I'm using I have to go with it over his shoulder, retracted.

My cape has a couple of hard creases from shipping. What is the best way to get them out? Steam it?