Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > ARH Studios

Old 05-07-2017, 08:29 PM   #211
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAB380 View Post
The statue is the same as the prototype.
Ehren's original 3D art is still on page 1 of this thread.
One eye is bigger in the original 3D art and on the prototype and on the final statue.
The jaw also hinges at an odd angle but again, it was designed this way.
This is all how Ehren wanted it.
It's not the same, I've looked at the prototype pictures and the mouth was more symmetric, teeth looked the same on both sides on the prototype, that's not how my statue turned out, the left side of his face is whacked including his left teeth that are deformed compared to the right side. It's defiantly a casting error.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 09:59 PM   #212
SAB380
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
It's not the same, I've looked at the prototype pictures and the mouth was more symmetric, teeth looked the same on both sides on the prototype, that's not how my statue turned out, the left side of his face is whacked including his left teeth that are deformed compared to the right side. It's defiantly a casting error.
Will have to take your word for it. Haven't got mine yet.
I've seen your pics (thanks for posting!) and they look great to me!
lol maybe I'm just easy to please
SAB380 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 04:29 AM   #213
SAB380
The X-Men

Received mine!
Unfortunately had to cancel the custom paint job. I didn't mind that ARH currently didn't have time and it would be a wait, but I became aware of a customs law change in Australia on Jun30th where all packages will be stopped and GST applied. I don't want packages arriving anywhere near what's going to be a giant mess of a change over period here. I don't trust customs to be carefully opening fragile packages!
ARH were very nice about it and apologised for not being able to get it done and didn't charge me any shipping balance. Was not going to turn down that offer on this giant heavy beast!!

Anyway:
The box is huge. By far the biggest I have. Way bigger than the Blitzway 1/3 Bruce Lee statues (biggest I have)
It's double packed with foam inserts between them. Impressive.
The foam on the inside is pretty cheap stuff but did it's job.

Very happy with the statue.
It fits together easily and is rock solid stable, unexpected!

Was pleasantly surprised with the paint job. The gorilla has a lot more detail (variations in black and a fair bit of grey/silver) that doesn't show in photos.
The huge volume of the gorilla doesn't show up in photos either. To the naked eye In 3D he's enormous.

Tarzan looks good and again, loin cloth colouring is more detailed than what I expected.
Was also surprised that the hair sculpt is a fair bit more complex, with a lot more individual sections than most.
Skin paint app is serviceable and looks good but not as good as say Sideshow Conan: Rage of the Undying.( .... exactly what ARH promised in the prototype pics though). Hair is way better than Conan though!
I might read up on how to apply some dirty wash and attempt it myself, hard to screw up it up too badly when the goal is 'make dirty looking'

I've bought and sold many statues over the years and I think this might be the most impressive. The presence of Tarzan leaping onto a freaking enormous gorilla definitely draws the eye away from normal pieces on their little statue bases!

Definitely can't see myself ever parting with this!
Old 05-26-2017, 07:51 AM   #214
Great Pheidias
Nightwing

Quote:
Received mine!
Unfortunately had to cancel the custom paint job. I didn't mind that ARH currently didn't have time and it would be a wait, but I became aware of a customs law change in Australia on Jun30th where all packages will be stopped and GST applied. I don't want packages arriving anywhere near what's going to be a giant mess of a change over period here. I don't trust customs to be carefully opening fragile packages!
ARH were very nice about it and apologised for not being able to get it done and didn't charge me any shipping balance. Was not going to turn down that offer on this giant heavy beast!!

Anyway:
The box is huge. By far the biggest I have. Way bigger than the Blitzway 1/3 Bruce Lee statues (biggest I have)
It's double packed with foam inserts between them. Impressive.
The foam on the inside is pretty cheap stuff but did it's job.

Very happy with the statue.
It fits together easily and is rock solid stable, unexpected!

Was pleasantly surprised with the paint job. The gorilla has a lot more detail (variations in black and a fair bit of grey/silver) that doesn't show in photos.
The huge volume of the gorilla doesn't show up in photos either. To the naked eye In 3D he's enormous.

Tarzan looks good and again, loin cloth colouring is more detailed than what I expected.
Was also surprised that the hair sculpt is a fair bit more complex, with a lot more individual sections than most.
Skin paint app is serviceable and looks good but not as good as say Sideshow Conan: Rage of the Undying.( .... exactly what ARH promised in the prototype pics though). Hair is way better than Conan though!
I might read up on how to apply some dirty wash and attempt it myself, hard to screw up it up too badly when the goal is 'make dirty looking'

I've bought and sold many statues over the years and I think this might be the most impressive. The presence of Tarzan leaping onto a freaking enormous gorilla definitely draws the eye away from normal pieces on their little statue bases!

Definitely can't see myself ever parting with this!
congrats mate..good stuff! I think you made the right move getting it early! post some pics?!
Great Pheidias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 11:03 PM   #215
Great Pheidias
Nightwing

whats the story SAB..u going to show some pics?
Old 06-27-2017, 12:15 AM   #216
SAB380
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Pheidias View Post
whats the story SAB..u going to show some pics?
I went to take pics and discovered my wife had left the camera on an house staging/interior design job.
Crappy iphone pics just seems wrong.

I will say that a month later I think its the best 1/4 PF by a wide margin.
Its just on a different level. I can't help touching the gorilla like one of those annoying n00bs that can't keep their hands of collectibles

...I keep looking at that extra they've got on the ARH warehouse and thinking it might still be worth getting Arahom to do that custom job ....
Old 06-27-2017, 06:07 AM   #217
Great Pheidias
Nightwing

Quote:
I went to take pics and discovered my wife had left the camera on an house staging/interior design job.

Its just on a different level. I can't help touching the gorilla like one of those annoying n00bs that can't keep their hands of collectibles

...I keep looking at that extra they've got on the ARH warehouse and thinking it might still be worth getting Arahom to do that custom job ....

ok mate..well if you ever take good pics please share!
Old 06-27-2017, 11:05 PM   #218
The13thWarlock
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:

So... you're openly admitting to touching your gorilla?
The13thWarlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 01:25 AM   #219
SAB380
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by The13thWarlock View Post
So... you're openly admitting to touching your gorilla?
I think you and I may have differing relationships and interaction with our statues
Old 06-28-2017, 09:51 AM   #220
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

Quote:
I can't help touching the gorilla like one of those annoying n00bs that can't keep their hands of collectibles
Arahom needs to offer some kind of paint rub protection. Do you find yourself touching Arkhalla Seduction?
Nugchompa is offline   Reply With Quote