Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Exodiuz's Vids & Video Games

Old 06-07-2017, 04:17 PM   #161
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Are you figuring out these combos through your own experimentation? I need like a button map to memorize but I don't think I can get my head around the physics enough to create my own 10+ hit combos.
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 07:35 PM   #162
damienjakk
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJones View Post
Are you figuring out these combos through your own experimentation? I need like a button map to memorize but I don't think I can get my head around the physics enough to create my own 10+ hit combos.
Yeah, I just mess around in Practice for a while with each character. It's not too hard to come up with stuff. Just start by trying a few of the strings that don't knock down or knock away and see if you can cancel out of them. Then try to find which specials work from them and which extend combos via a juggle state or stun. A lot of moves set up the universal wall and ground bounce mechanic as well. Just keep these things in mind and you can almost see what moves are intended for these purposes.
damienjakk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 03:05 PM   #163
MrJones

Thanks for the tips! I was experimenting with Swamp Thing last night who is a little more difficult of a character for me, I'm better with an average speed and strength character, but was able to start piecing some stuff together. It's actually pretty fun!
Old 06-09-2017, 12:18 AM   #164
Submissive421
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I really suck at fighting games. But I consider myself fairly decent at Smash and Killer Instinct. So I was really surprised that this game held my attention as long as it did.

I find the game extremely balanced and very fair. You are given opportunities to help yourself. The burn meter has lots of usage and I really like that. It gives you the ability to get more health or do more damage with attacks.

Some characters are easier to use more than others. Batman is the flagship character so naturally he is easy to use even if you have never touched a fighting game in your life. Then you have Poison Ivy, which I struggle with. Most of her attacks are not like the standard attacks. So I need to work on her.

This game rewards you for trying different characters, with leveling them up and using them on certain multiverse events. So I have been thoroughly enjoying myself playing this game almost every day, trying new characters to see if I like them.
Submissive421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 10:14 AM   #165
damienjakk

Doctor Fate has some stylish combos despite mainly being a zoner.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OrEvqqh4Gg
Old 06-11-2017, 08:00 AM   #166
MrJones

I'm starting to really utilize the wall bounce attacks to setup a combo and it has made a big difference in my gameplay. However I can still only turn that into a 5-6 hit combo. Still have mastered the juggle attacks... and I still can't get that jumping choke attack for Darkseid!!

P.S. Excited... those of us who got the ultimate edition get Red Hood I believe Tuesday
Old 06-11-2017, 08:36 AM   #167
damienjakk

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJones View Post
and I still can't get that jumping choke attack for Darkseid!!
Just meter burn his B+1, U+3 string
Old 06-12-2017, 08:44 AM   #168
damienjakk

Some Harley combos. Happy to say that they did indeed make the NRS command grab motion a bit more lenient. I was able to combo into into on the first try and landed it again mid combo almost every time. In Injustice 1 comboing into this motion with Harley, Bane, etc. was quite difficult, so happy they made it easier without making it TOO simple.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mx7XkvRGuNM
Old 06-12-2017, 12:58 PM   #169
Colossal
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Are you guys on PSN or Xbox? Wouldn't mind adding a few games in for practice, but currently on PS4 only.
Colossal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 09:10 AM   #170
damienjakk

Can't stop playing Red Hood

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6qxISyi7v8