Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 06-11-2018, 04:19 AM   #211
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
The most impressive XMen statues was Gambit. So damn dynamic and fluid movement. Very graceful. Mystique is just flat out a bombshell of epic proportions! Dark Phoenix is arguably one of XM best ever made. Omega Red looks killer and massive. Cyclops is without a doubt the best Cyke at 1:4 I have yet to see.

Storm is far an away the best Storm ever IMO. White Magneto is fantastic. Iceman has such a cool unique pose and his semi translucent color is done exceptionally well.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 05:05 AM   #212
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lockdown View Post
Hey Grumpy, do know if the all the parts on the base of the White Magneto statue were hooked up wrong compared to the prototype and the painted one shown earlier at Lucca Convention? The tank tread, canon, and other stuff supposed to wrapped toward his body to show his magnetic power. Now, the whole base looks flat and spread out and the missle should be higher, just terrible. For reference, looked at the pics at the New Magneto thread and could you ask XM, if they could change it back. Thanks.
XM said they changed nothing, must be the setup at the convention.
GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 05:21 AM   #213
Spongebob
Frackin!

Can someone make a photo of XM studios billboard with shogun batman on a horse on it. I want to see it horse legs, will appreciate it very much.
Spongebob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 09:12 AM   #214
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
The most impressive XMen statues was Gambit. So damn dynamic and fluid movement. Very graceful. Mystique is just flat out a bombshell of epic proportions! Dark Phoenix is arguably one of XM best ever made. Omega Red looks killer and massive. Cyclops is without a doubt the best Cyke at 1:4 I have yet to see.

Storm is far an away the best Storm ever IMO. White Magneto is fantastic. Iceman has such a cool unique pose and his semi translucent color is done exceptionally well.
Gambit was least impressive imo.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 09:57 AM   #215
Joel
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lockdown View Post
Hey Grumpy, do know if the all the parts on the base of the White Magneto statue were hooked up wrong compared to the prototype and the painted one shown earlier at Lucca Convention? The tank tread, canon, and other stuff supposed to wrapped toward his body to show his magnetic power. Now, the whole base looks flat and spread out and the missle should be higher, just terrible. For reference, looked at the pics at the New Magneto thread and could you ask XM, if they could change it back. Thanks.
Completely agree. I didn’t feel right when I saw it in coverage here, just didn’t have the same wow factor for me. So went back to Lucca photos and wow... so muc better. I think it was just not put together well here. Even the missle is positioned wrong, too low.

I seriously doubt XM would drop the ball on the actual peice but have to say I’m surprised they dropped the ball displaying it at this show, not like them.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	76331C8D-6575-409A-A34D-24D810751C2C.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	172.6 KB
ID:	114413   Click image for larger version

Name:	56585204-40D2-49B9-89D4-BFFC14CA0A6F.jpeg
Views:	83
Size:	255.1 KB
ID:	114414  
Joel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 04:10 AM   #216
WolverineFan
I am da law!

I’m surprised there was no Scarlet Witch shown. I’m looking forward to seeing her fully painted
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 08:04 AM   #217
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Ditto to no witchy poo. She looked AMAZING in production. That red and pink suit is/was on point!
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 12:31 PM   #218
SeekNdestroy
Frackin!

I am so impressed with this company. I only own Sideshow in 1/4 scale. XM has come a really long way. The price still scares me though. With this latest showing, I may take the plunge on a piece or two. However, what is the best way to preorder/purchase from the US?
SeekNdestroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 10:43 PM   #219
KELPIE
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigcliff1 View Post
please, who is that in the photo above Juggernaut
The guy in the foreground does look like Iceman, but as a whole, could it be Dr Strange with Dormammu or something behind him?

Quote:
Originally Posted by krec99 View Post
Read on facebook a new Spiderman line at 1/7?
Yay, all in.

Hopefully they can do some more of the next tier characters for this scale.
KELPIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 10:17 PM   #220
markuz30
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Somehow I am still torn about their Gambit. I already ordered Cyclops Option 2 without hesitation, but for the Cajun one. I feel there is something lacking, I can't pinpoint what it is.
markuz30 is offline   Reply With Quote