Old 02-21-2017, 01:19 PM   #241
SONICobra
Batman

yeah the left hand too, again could be just because its the prototype though
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 01:29 PM   #242
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

This angle is the way to go on this piece! I love it. I'm so tempted to Flex this.

NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 01:32 PM   #243
adee
Green Arrow

I like what I see so far but his proportions seem kinda animated to me. Like his upper body is much larger than his lower body. He may also be to big for my display. Looks like a huge piece.
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 01:46 PM   #244
Shaughn54
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
This angle is the way to go on this piece! I love it. I'm so tempted to Flex this.

I love this angle too! The only thing that sucks is you dont get to see the gigantic black spider on the opposite side of the base, but you do get to see into the sewer tunnel with the spider web. So much detail in the base, its going to be fun to see how everyone displays this staue.
Shaughn54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 01:52 PM   #245
skycity
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Anyone know when this incredible statue start to pre order? Thanks!
skycity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 01:56 PM   #246
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by adee View Post
I like what I see so far but his proportions seem kinda animated to me. Like his upper body is much larger than his lower body. He may also be to big for my display. Looks like a huge piece.
That's what is driving me crazy as well adee. I love the upper torso but not the biggest fan of the lower torso. It's too caricature like and I have always preferred Venom to be a huge hulking beast with proportionally made upper and lower torso.

Even with that said, the angle of the pic Northern posted is a great angle. Overall, this is a damn fine statue...just wish the lower torso was thicker.

So far IMO, Prime 1 has covered all three ratings of their first Marvel characters.

Spidey 2099 = Amazing
Venom Dark Origins = Good but can be better
Anti-Venom = A complete and utter pass (mostly due to character choice...sculpt isn't bad at all)

I want to see them tackle Captain America or Hercules (keeping with more obscure character theme). How about Valkyrie or Black Knight? I am excited to see what's next in this line. I hear the upcoming Spiderman is amazing (pun intended). So time will tell.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 01:58 PM   #247
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaughn54 View Post
I love this angle too! The only thing that sucks is you dont get to see the gigantic black spider on the opposite side of the base, but you do get to see into the sewer tunnel with the spider web. So much detail in the base, its going to be fun to see how everyone displays this staue.
That's a plus for me LOL. I don't really like the huge spider.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 02:00 PM   #248
Shaughn54
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Im curious to see if the tounges are swap-able between the portraits. Or do you think they will be permanetly attached when they ship?
Old 02-21-2017, 02:17 PM   #249
sparda
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
That's what is driving me crazy as well adee. I love the upper torso but not the biggest fan of the lower torso. It's too caricature like and I have always preferred Venom to be a huge hulking beast with proportionally made upper and lower torso.

Even with that said, the angle of the pic Northern posted is a great angle. Overall, this is a damn fine statue...just wish the lower torso was thicker.

So far IMO, Prime 1 has covered all three ratings of their first Marvel characters.

Spidey 2099 = Amazing
Venom Dark Origins = Good but can be better
Anti-Venom = A complete and utter pass (mostly due to character choice...sculpt isn't bad at all)

I want to see them tackle Captain America or Hercules (keeping with more obscure character theme). How about Valkyrie or Black Knight? I am excited to see what's next in this line. I hear the upcoming Spiderman is amazing (pun intended). So time will tell.
Seen the design for regular spiderman? That one's amazing as well!
sparda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 02:41 PM   #250
Shaughn54

Does the base tie-in with the Venom base, or is it still just concept? Also have any photos of the reg spiderman design?