Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Iron Studios

Old 02-15-2021, 04:11 PM   #271
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
I do feel Iron Studios, along with XM, tends to price their stuff at a premium.

I mean Sideshow is still at and around $550 to $650 for most normal PFs and $600 to $700 for Maquettes. Then you have the odd oversized piece that's over $1k.

Iron Studios 1/4 scales seem to start at $700, and don't get me wrong that's up to each individual to decide if that price is okay for them. Even their 1/10th scales, which are the best in that size on the market, are about double what anyone else charges.
Yeah, I don't disagree that these prices are exorbitant. I am not trying to make excuses for Iron Studios' price point. I just find it interesting how XM and P1 have far exceeded these price points a long time ago and we're still seeing sticker shock comments. Sideshow seems to be the exception but to me that is more of an indication of their quality in comparison to the competition. That's just me though. So maybe the price comments are stemming from a place that is making more direct comparisons to Sideshow in particular. Even then their shipping rates have gotten ridiculous and I question how much savings is even being had by a lower priced product.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2021, 04:29 PM   #272
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
Yeah, I don't disagree that these prices are exorbitant. I am not trying to make excuses for Iron Studios' price point. I just find it interesting how XM and P1 have far exceeded these price points a long time ago and we're still seeing sticker shock comments. Sideshow seems to be the exception but to me that is more of an indication of their quality in comparison to the competition. That's just me though. So maybe the price comments are stemming from a place that is making more direct comparisons to Sideshow in particular. Even then their shipping rates have gotten ridiculous and I question how much savings is even being had by a lower priced product.
I still find Sideshow's quality to be comparable in most cases, there are of course exceptions. As for XM and Prime1, I think the put a lot of their extra pricing in the bases, as the foot print is generally huge, to me that can be wasteful.

As for shipping, the carriers are dictating pricing and it's only getting worse. I refuse to buy off ebay right now because shipping for individuals is even worse than from companies that have deals in place like Sideshow.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2021, 04:39 PM   #273
Master Pizza
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
Definitely agree with most of this. IS 1/4 prices have been on the high side for as long as I have been collecting from them and it's been 5 years now. But P1 have been just as high. Now one might say that's because P1 is worth it, but I wouldn't know because they never made any 1/4 scale statues I wanted to buy.

Funny thing though, before Iron Studios had the license to sell 1/10 in the U.S. you had to pay what they are typically charging today if you wanted to get one. If I'd known then what I know now I'd have some of those first early Marvel and DC statues.
Master Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 02:08 PM   #274
nearmint
Phoenix

So is this piece dead? Are they trying to solve the licensing issue?
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 02:23 PM   #275
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
So is this piece dead? Are they trying to solve the licensing issue?

No it's alive. Just have to find somewhere that has it for sale.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 02:28 PM   #276
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by The General View Post
No it's alive. Just have to find somewhere that has it for sale.
You sure? It's not even listed, even as sold out, at spec, Secret Compass, BBTS.
Old 03-09-2021, 02:33 PM   #277
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
You sure? It's not even listed, even as sold out, at spec, Secret Compass, BBTS.
I'm sure.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 03:27 PM   #278
Python
Omega Red

No wonder Sideshow don't want this thing up for sale in the west, they're trying to shift 7500 of their own PF....
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 08:49 PM   #279
Master Pizza
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
As far as I know you can still get one from a region that's allowed to sell it. Shipping is gonna hurt.
Master Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 11:41 PM   #280
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Pizza View Post
As far as I know you can still get one from a region that's allowed to sell it. Shipping is gonna hurt.
That makes sense.