Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 06-12-2019, 09:40 PM   #271
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

I never liked the look of Timber on this piece which is why I didn't order. Snake Eyes himself looks great though. I still love my 1/5 SSC Snake Eyes and Timber statue which will suffice.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 09:55 PM   #272
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetfuel View Post
Still a great snake eyes piece. Who knows when we'll see another. Timbers coh neck line doesn't detract from the display in person. The camera and lighting mostly do if you're looking for it.
Your ninja display is pretty sweet. You could even add characters like Deathstroke, Elecktra, Batman Samurai, etc. Love me some ninjas.
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 09:01 AM   #273
SONICobra
Batman

sooooo... i got this in yesterday and yeah, I F_CKING LOVE THIS STATUE

- snake eyes looks incredible, sculpt and paint are on point. there are so many cool details, stuff you dont even see - i own many statues this is the first i would actually consider putting on a turn table. even the battle damage on his mask isnt just painted on silver paint, it was sculpted, then painted, then cleaned so the silver paint is in the cut only and not on the outside as battle damage is usually portrayed (a personal pet peeve). his costume is different shades of blacks with subtle highlights and different finishes of matte, glossy and satin - really nice touch

- i thought i would prefer one gun / one sword display but the dual swords looks so cool in person. i had it set up with the right gun / left sword then swapped to both swords and was like "uh, YEAH."

- the base is awesome and really well done. love the look of the snow, the tree parts are painted really nice. the way the additional tree parts key into the base is impressive, there is virtually no gap at all. this is a nerdy sculpt thing but the way the back tree piece keys in with the snow is super sexy, you have to experience it to understand i was thoroughly impressed

- timber... well theres no way around it, this is where the statue falls short. the seam is pretty terrible, its pretty flush actually but the fact that its a straight line really makes it stand out. the paint seems pretty rushed, its passable but when you really start looking at it a factory worker spent all of 10 minutes on that. the open mouth portrait still looks weird to me, i never liked it. im going to be doing some custom work on timber to bring him up to the same level as the rest of the statue

- coh seam on snake eyes is a non-issue for me, its actually pretty crisp and clean. i look at it as there would be a seam there for his mask anyway so it doesnt bother me at all

- the ex is surprisingly cool, i prefer the visor but the ex looks so good i may swap them out from time to time (sorry forgot to take pics)

i cant recommend this statue enough, yeah timber is a little bit of a let down but this is a snake eyes statue and snake eyes looks amazing

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2347.JPG
Views:	227
Size:	792.6 KB
ID:	124011   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2350.JPG
Views:	225
Size:	763.4 KB
ID:	124012   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2351.JPG
Views:	223
Size:	606.7 KB
ID:	124013   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2348.JPG
Views:	222
Size:	773.0 KB
ID:	124014  
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 09:20 AM   #274
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

Congrats man, he does look great!

This and Stormshadow are two i want to pick up on the aftermarket for sure.
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 09:32 AM   #275
MPCanes
The X-Men

Paint on that wolf is amazing (to me at least).
MPCanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 09:45 AM   #276
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGhostKnight View Post
Congrats man, he does look great!

This and Stormshadow are two i want to pick up on the aftermarket for sure.
you wont be disappointed brother

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPCanes View Post
Paint on that wolf is amazing (to me at least).
like i said, its passable. from normal viewing distance it looks absolutely fine. on mine the left side is painted better than the right so you dont see many of the issues when its displayed. personally as someone who has really wanted a snake eyes statue for a long time i cant imagine passing on one of this caliber based on timber not being a home run
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 11:22 AM   #277
House
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Finally i got this yesterday, went to work, came home late at night and finally opened it. Gotta say the packaging on this is amazing. Foam inserts on all sides/corners around the art box. The paint job on mine is near flawless, no missing painted areas. The only "issue" is the some of glitter effect on the snow does remove when touched. I tried to use a air can to remove the excess and nothing happened. Anyhow, after 2 1/2 years of this being on pre-order im glad to finally have it! 1 more G.I. Joe piece (Scarlett) and sadly that will be it for GI Joe.

More pictures here:http://www.statueforum.com/showthrea...=1#post5766375

House is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 05:12 PM   #278
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
sooooo... i got this in yesterday and yeah, I F_CKING LOVE THIS STATUE

- snake eyes looks incredible, sculpt and paint are on point. there are so many cool details, stuff you dont even see - i own many statues this is the first i would actually consider putting on a turn table. even the battle damage on his mask isnt just painted on silver paint, it was sculpted, then painted, then cleaned so the silver paint is in the cut only and not on the outside as battle damage is usually portrayed (a personal pet peeve). his costume is different shades of blacks with subtle highlights and different finishes of matte, glossy and satin - really nice touch

- i thought i would prefer one gun / one sword display but the dual swords looks so cool in person. i had it set up with the right gun / left sword then swapped to both swords and was like "uh, YEAH."

- the base is awesome and really well done. love the look of the snow, the tree parts are painted really nice. the way the additional tree parts key into the base is impressive, there is virtually no gap at all. this is a nerdy sculpt thing but the way the back tree piece keys in with the snow is super sexy, you have to experience it to understand i was thoroughly impressed

- timber... well theres no way around it, this is where the statue falls short. the seam is pretty terrible, its pretty flush actually but the fact that its a straight line really makes it stand out. the paint seems pretty rushed, its passable but when you really start looking at it a factory worker spent all of 10 minutes on that. the open mouth portrait still looks weird to me, i never liked it. im going to be doing some custom work on timber to bring him up to the same level as the rest of the statue

- coh seam on snake eyes is a non-issue for me, its actually pretty crisp and clean. i look at it as there would be a seam there for his mask anyway so it doesnt bother me at all

- the ex is surprisingly cool, i prefer the visor but the ex looks so good i may swap them out from time to time (sorry forgot to take pics)

i cant recommend this statue enough, yeah timber is a little bit of a let down but this is a snake eyes statue and snake eyes looks amazing

I am blown away by this piece! The only weak part is the head seam for Timber but does not take away anything.

GI Joe grail that will be sought after by retro fans in the years to come. It will never leave my collection.

Thank you Prime 1!
Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 05:24 PM   #279
Comicbookguy
Hercules

WOW! I may go back to get this one along with scarlet.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 12:10 AM   #280
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

So, don't know if anyone else saw, but someone in the prime 1 collectors group on fb said he got a message back from Prime 1 about Timber's neck seam.

Exact post said, "Update: Prime 1 answered my email about replacing Timber heads that leave large gap. Maybe if everyone emails them they will make a replacement. Start emailing and notifying others." Not exactly sure what they said, but a heads up nonetheless.
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote