Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Exodiuz's Vids & Video Games

Old 02-22-2014, 10:09 PM   #151
PureInvasion
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

running through XCOM: Enemy Unknown (360) again to grab a few more achievements and complete the Slingshot DLC missions
PureInvasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 04:43 PM   #152
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Anyone remember the name of that Castlevaniaesque game featuring a templar knight with a cross burned into his chest as a protagonist? It was fairly mature and came out during the PS3/XBox360 era. They advertised it like mad and it had a tie in animated short to boot. I played the demo and didnt mind it and kind of feel like playing that or sonething of its ilk now....
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 04:52 PM   #153
PureInvasion

Dante's Inferno?
Old 02-24-2014, 04:58 PM   #154
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureInvasion View Post
Dante's Inferno?
You rock! That is indeed the one. Is it worth the time investment? IIRC I didnt mind the demo.
Old 02-24-2014, 05:01 PM   #155
PureInvasion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matches Malone View Post
You rock! That is indeed the one. Is it worth the time investment? IIRC I didnt mind the demo.
It's been ages since I played it but it was a decent title. Nothing mind blowing but if you can find it cheap then it's worth a look. I remember it being really short though...something like 4-6 hours on my game save
Old 02-24-2014, 05:15 PM   #156
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Thanks PI. I am playing through the new DMC and forgot how much I love games of this ilk. I am sure I can find DI for <$20 now so I may just give it a go.
Old 02-25-2014, 06:13 AM   #157
Vracula
Jedi Order

Dante's inferno is quite good,watch the animated short before you play just to get in the mood.It 's a very dark game,disturbing even.Loved it!
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 07:32 AM   #158
damienjakk
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Really easy game, you become OP about halfway through so nothing is really a threat after that. The atmosphere and story are great though, shame they never polished the series up and gave a sequel a chance, a lot of potential there.
damienjakk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 09:49 AM   #159
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vracula View Post
Dante's inferno is quite good,watch the animated short before you play just to get in the mood.It 's a very dark game,disturbing even.Loved it!
Cool. I think you fellas have convinced me to line this one up next after DMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by damienjakk View Post
Really easy game, you become OP about halfway through so nothing is really a threat after that. The atmosphere and story are great though, shame they never polished the series up and gave a sequel a chance, a lot of potential there.
I was poking around the net and this one garnered a few fans. Folks are fairly disappointed that they are not going to make good on carrying their version of the narrative through the other two books in the trilogy.
Old 02-25-2014, 01:11 PM   #160
damienjakk
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matches Malone View Post
I was poking around the net and this one garnered a few fans. Folks are fairly disappointed that they are not going to make good on carrying their version of the narrative through the other two books in the trilogy.
Well it definitely has a unique visual style and atmosphere. IMO the gameplay was a bit dated even when it came out a few years ago, and another issue is that after the 4th circle the proceeding levels of hell feel very rushed conceptually and with recycled enemies that don't fit the circle they are in. For $60 it was a bit of a disappointment in that regard, but for $20 or less I'd say grab a copy ASAP.

If you need a good 3D hack and slash, I'd highly recommend Metal Gear Rising Revengeance, The Devil May Cry Collection of course, and Killer is Dead. Killer is Dead sadly got buried under a mountain of controversy that usually come with Suda 51 games, but underneath is a deep combat system worth checking out.
damienjakk is offline   Reply With Quote