Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 08-12-2018, 03:28 PM   #2631
rcaido
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Are those 29 or 39 pax? Can the glass hold that much weight? Look so awesome man, but Griffith is definately bottom.
rcaido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 03:28 PM   #2632
NosferatuOMeGa
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

What are those LED shelves you have there Mustard?
I need to figure a way to build something like that into my displays when I get to it.
NosferatuOMeGa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 04:02 PM   #2633
MustardDragon
Fantastic Four

Are those 29 or 39 pax? Can the glass hold that much weight? Look so awesome man, but Griffith is definately bottom. (i agree)

They are the shorter and narrower of the two, the taller ones are far too wide. The shelves would bow under the pressure. As far as the weight, I use metal tabs as opposed to plastic ones, and I double stacked a full shelf and a glass shelf on top of one another. Plus there is a steel bar reinforcing the top shelf. The bottom shelf has massive wood blocks for support.

I need to figure a way to build something like that into my displays when I get to it.

It's a double stack - standard IKEA Komplement shelves and Komplement glass shelves. I call it the "Komplement Sandwich". The LED lights are IKEA Dioder, they come with a wired control dial that lets you change the color (plus an on/off switch)
MustardDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 04:58 PM   #2634
rcaido
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

According to Sideshow Guts is 28.34" width, so this wouldn't fit the 29" PAX, so you must have the 39" one or is Sideshow dimensions wrong?

Would it be possible if you can take a far away shot just like you have on your first pic but with Guts in it?

*edit*
Are the glass door custom for the PAX or can i get those in Ikea too.
rcaido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 06:16 PM   #2635
MustardDragon
Fantastic Four

According to Sideshow Guts is 28.34" width, so this wouldn't fit the 29" PAX, so you must have the 39" one or is Sideshow dimensions wrong?
Would it be possible if you can take a far away shot just like you have on your first pic but with Guts in it?
*edit*
Are the glass door custom for the PAX or can i get those in Ikea too.

Nope, I have the 29 size . Guts is approx. ~27" wide at his most extreme points. He fits perfectly. The doors are custom ordered acrylic panels (1/4", polished edges) I ordered from TapPlastics.com - I got some heavy duty metal hinges and mounted the doors that way. Just drilling a couple holes does the trick.

Last edited by MustardDragon; 08-12-2018 at 06:22 PM. Reason: removed un-needed text
MustardDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 11:08 PM   #2636
NosferatuOMeGa
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustardDragon View Post
[COLOR="Blue"]

It's a double stack - standard IKEA Komplement shelves and Komplement glass shelves. I call it the "Komplement Sandwich". The LED lights are IKEA Dioder, they come with a wired control dial that lets you change the color (plus an on/off switch)
I like the sandwich. Great idea!
NosferatuOMeGa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 01:23 AM   #2637
terminus
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

lol....I put myself on the waitlist for the ex berserk armor months ago on sideshow...totally forgot about it, it actually went through and now I got charged the NRD and I realize I'm not exactly interested anymore . What do you guys think of the Berserk armor piece from prime1, a keeper or pass?
terminus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 01:27 AM   #2638
DiscoCougar
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terminus View Post
lol....I put myself on the waitlist for the ex berserk armor months ago on sideshow...totally forgot about it, it actually went through and now I got charged the NRD and I realize I'm not exactly interested anymore . What do you guys think of the Berserk armor piece from prime1, a keeper or pass?
I did the exact same thing, and I haven't gotten a conversion. So.. One mans treasure I guess lol
DiscoCougar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 08:58 AM   #2639
Zombiez
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terminus View Post
I love it i cannot wait to get my hands on it
Zombiez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 01:11 PM   #2640
GriffiSkywalker
Doh!

same cant wait to get mine
GriffiSkywalker is offline   Reply With Quote