Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 01-04-2013, 12:16 AM   #1
Kingofthehill78
King Mud

Please block eBay buyer 4umyluv ( scammer beware)

Well I figured I'd give you a heads up. This buyer ( 4umyluv) wanted a sideshow magneto comiquette off me. I had it listed at $400. He said he would offer $300. I told him the lowest I could go was $350. He agreed. On December 17 he buys it and I send it out ( USPS tracking number 23100740000004210602) .On december 20 I receive an email from him telling me that there is a problem with it. He says that the statue is in good shape except for some small chips and problems with the statue and to email him to resolve this situation. I know there is no problems in fact you can tell from pic I listed that the statue is fine. I tell him he can have a partial refund of $30 or he can return the statue for a full refund. He responds and says he wants $50 and if he receives that we will be good. I agree because I don't feel like taking a loss on shipping . I refund him his $50. He leaves me feedback and I reluctantly leave him feedback. Then today he emails me today( January 3) saying he found more problems with the statue and that he wants his money back. He now claims the box is beat up ( which it wasn't when I sent it two weeks ago) He also claims the statue is worth half as much due to a bunch of new problems he just found with the statue. He wants me to pay for his return shipping and refund the whole amount to him. Got to love eBay . I bet Paypal sides with him.

His name is 4umyluv
Kingofthehill78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 12:37 AM   #2
wvg9250
Death is hereditary.

Judging by his eBay ID he's definitely not the type of buyers you'd want to deal with
Hope your parcel is insured bro.
wvg9250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 12:46 AM   #3
Kingofthehill78
King Mud

Quote:
Originally Posted by wvg9250 View Post
Judging by his eBay ID he's definitely not the type of buyers you'd want to deal with
Hope your parcel is insured bro.
It was insured . But he accepted the $50 partial refund two weeks ago for the statue. Now he changed his mind and wants to return it. I can't get money from the post office for buyers remorse...
Old 01-04-2013, 12:49 AM   #4
Underdog07
Hercules

Blocked. Thanks.
Underdog07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 12:55 AM   #5
Nidgit
Love me sexy
Adamantium Plus Member

That sucks. Looking at the buyers history it looks like he's been going on a statue buying frenzy for the past few months.
Nidgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 01:03 AM   #6
Kingofthehill78
King Mud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog07 View Post
Blocked. Thanks.
No problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidgit View Post
That sucks. Looking at the buyers history it looks like he's been going on a statue buying frenzy for the past few months.
Yeah that's why I came on here to warn you. I don't like scammers and would hate for anyone to have to deal with this...
Old 01-04-2013, 01:10 AM   #7
Nidgit
Love me sexy
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingofthehill78 View Post
Yeah that's why I came on here to warn you. I don't like scammers and would hate for anyone to have to deal with this...
Yeah. Thanks mate. I don't sell much anyway, but good to know
Nidgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 01:14 AM   #8
johnclone
The Enchantress

OK so to review, ... block buyer Underdog07. Got it thanks!
johnclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 09:05 AM   #9
joefixit2
Baron Zemo

Has he gotten good feedback from the other buyers? Just wondering if he has pulled the same crap with any of them.
joefixit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:24 AM   #10
Indy_Yoda
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

That sucks to hear. I have had this happen to me as well. I see the buyer sells alot of collectibles too. The situation I was in was that I believe the buyer just used my statue to replace his damaged one.

I sold a Harry Potter dragon statue from gentle giant. I know it was perfect when I sent it. The buyer said the wings were broken off when he got it so he returned it. Not two weeks later I saw he was selling an HP dragon statue.

What I believe happened is he broke his statue. Bought mine to replace it. Because the statue comes off the base he just kept the dragon and sent his broken one back to me. Since only the base is numbered there was no way for me to prove that because the numbered base I got back was the one I had listed.
Indy_Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote