Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 02-06-2013, 06:28 PM   #1
Darth Pain
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Does anyone have experience with Graphic Arts schools? Advice please?

I'm looking to go back to school but, I am not 100% sure what I want to do. Right now I'm looking into Steven Henager college for graphic arts. I'm just concerned with finding work in that field after school.
I like to be creative and do things like that but, I have always worked with my hands running and maintaining machines.
The Henager college is going to be 42k just for an Associates degree. for half that I could probably get into ITT tech or Penco tech and find a trade to start in.

So does anyone have experience in the graphic arts field? Is it in demand? Does it pay well? Is it really worth it to pay that much for schooling?
I'm just trying to explore my options and hope to get some feedback before I commit.
Darth Pain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 06:37 PM   #2
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

There's a good chunk of people in that field, but if you find your niche and stand out, you'll go places.

Everything I've heard over the years about ITT Tech (including their own fine print on those commercials) makes me fully comfortable in telling you to stay the hell away from that organization. It's a scam... and I don't think it's widely recognized as an accredited institution (or rather, its accreditation isn't widely recognized).

On the other hand.. some schooling is better than none? I know nothing of the other two institutions you've mentioned. I'm just saying.. be wary of ITT.

I'm on the audio side of production.. don't know much about the graphic side.
Argonus is offline   Reply With Quote