Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 06-25-2018, 05:11 PM   #11
ambasah
Red Skull

keep in mind you have to pay 6.5% duty on top of the 13% gst. Not that it comes close to what DHL is charging...they sound as bad as UPS.

Funny thing is that I don't get too gouged for the statues coming from Singapore...
ambasah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 05:23 PM   #12
pokritz17
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambasah View Post
keep in mind you have to pay 6.5% duty on top of the 13% gst. Not that it comes close to what DHL is charging...they sound as bad as UPS.

Funny thing is that I don't get too gouged for the statues coming from Singapore...
lol i don't even think UPS has a system, they just charge you double...i never ship with them, their prices are insane
pokritz17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 11:12 PM   #13
BillyCurly
Dreams of Youth are the Regrets of Maturity
Adamantium Plus Member

Yes UPS I will admit internationally are the worst for fees, service and handling of parcels(lots of broken and damaged boxes and items).

I too have requested, FOR THE SECOND TIME, that Sideshow continue to send me items through FED EX. Never had a problem in 15 years with them for fees or service. DHL is raping people and Sideshow should not even offer them as an international service. Ya, they ship for cheap, but thats cause they know they will get you when you hit the border. Crooks! Fed Ex all the way. I refused my statue, its going back to sideshow and getting full refund as I asked my items NEVER be shipped DHL before, and they still did. I may still buy the statue again, but it was not one I HAD TO HAVE. But those fees made it that I did not want to have it. Ridiculous!!!
BillyCurly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 01:40 AM   #14
Synzaic
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

I got charged $100 cad for a 299 usd dkr prime 1 bust sent from sideshow via fed ex.

Figgure that one out
Synzaic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 04:09 AM   #15
pokritz17
Hydra

i got charged easily 30% more than usual for a hot toys figure and a print...msging sideshow to never use them again

fkin crazy
pokritz17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 10:26 AM   #16
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

DHL is complete garbage. I paid over $300 for my Thanos on Throne which was shipped by them.

Additionally, even on non-related items, my wife bought some paint kit for models that came from the UK. The full item after taxes and shipping off of ebay was I think $50 CDN, DHL charged another $28.

This is a major reason why I have stopped buying statues as well as anything internationally.
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 11:17 AM   #17
Rav
The Spirit

I agree, theses stupid charges on TOP of tax just for them paying in advance is just stupid. Anyone who is displeased with them scalping collectors should write in to ask them to stop using DHL.

Avoid DHL if possible.
Rav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 08:38 PM   #18
chrismhk
Luke Cage

How is FedEx compared to DHL?

Because for sure, DHL is much much better than UPS when it comes to service and import/duty fees. My Tweeterhead Donna Troy got charged 105$ (the acutal import fee was 38$ and the brokerage fee was $67 such a joke) by UPS and $65 by DHL (I've got two because one was sent as a replacement recently). UPS costs extra for rerouting whileas DHL that is a free service to an extent. DHL is a better evil between the two.
chrismhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 08:46 PM   #19
Commander0Zero
Statue Forum MacDaddy

I'm not from Canada but DHL has been ,in my experience, terrible.
Commander0Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 05:08 PM   #20
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

FedEx is the best. Contact ssc if you want fedex. It should default to your account. However, SSC ships replacements with DHL which I don’t have problems with.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote