Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Sports

Old 05-03-2015, 10:46 AM   #11
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

What a piece of garbage. As usual, Mayweather is running his mouth and all of he ever did, was to run around and give hugs. You call that a champion? He will never be such. PacMan on the other hand, is a real champion in and out the ring. A true hero and an example to all people. Respect is more important than titles.
JP Sarri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 03:54 PM   #12
Dirt Torpedo
The Thunderbolts

Conor Mcgregor was right when he said he'd take Mayweather in the fiirst round. How he can claim to be the greatest ever is beyond me.
Dirt Torpedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 02:15 AM   #13
Vecchio1
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Joke of a fight. Mayweather is so boring. Call it strategic, I pay to see the 2 best beat the hell outta eachother. Neither one took much damage. Didn't seem like Pacman had a sense of urgency towards the end. Tell u alot about Mayweather when people were cheering for Pacman over him. I think I expected too much.
Vecchio1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 06:11 AM   #14
gomur
The Tick

I wanted this fight 5 years ago. And after watching their 12 rounds, I REALLY wanted this fight 5 years ago. Pacman isn't the same regardless of how Money spins it. And as talented a boxer as he is, Money has been too smart and careful in his career to warrant serious discussion for GOAT. He can take a flawless record into retirement, but his style is memorably boring and his opponents too green or long on the tooth. And not to let Manny skate, he and his team seemed to be taking this event way too lightly. A selfie in their walk to the ring? Really?

"Fight of the Century". This wasn't even "Fight of the Year". A bad night for boxing when it should be attracting new fans to the sport. MMA anyone?
gomur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 12:47 PM   #15
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

The fight was trash. Pacman clearly wasn't himself and boring ass Gayweather didn't have the balls to try and finish Manny. What a dissapointment.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 05:56 PM   #16
Vecchio1
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

http://thechive.com/2015/05/04/the-w...minutes-video/
Vecchio1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 02:30 PM   #17
snappahead
Producer
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomur View Post
I wanted this fight 5 years ago. And after watching their 12 rounds, I REALLY wanted this fight 5 years ago. Pacman isn't the same regardless of how Money spins it. And as talented a boxer as he is, Money has been too smart and careful in his career to warrant serious discussion for GOAT. He can take a flawless record into retirement, but his style is memorably boring and his opponents too green or long on the tooth. And not to let Manny skate, he and his team seemed to be taking this event way too lightly. A selfie in their walk to the ring? Really?

"Fight of the Century". This wasn't even "Fight of the Year". A bad night for boxing when it should be attracting new fans to the sport. MMA anyone?
Well said. I've said this for years. Mayweather only cares about the w...not how he gets it. He's one of the greatest fighters I've ever seen, but he doesn't have the heart to be considered goat IMO. People want to see passion and guts. They will never love him (he says that doesn't matter to him, but of course he's lying) and he'll end up being a big footnote rather than a highly celebrated fighter which is a shame considering his ability.

Manny will be a beloved legend and Floyd will be a "what might have been"
snappahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 03:31 PM   #18
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by snappahead View Post
Well said. I've said this for years. Mayweather only cares about the w...not how he gets it. He's one of the greatest fighters I've ever seen, but he doesn't have the heart to be considered goat IMO. People want to see passion and guts. They will never love him (he says that doesn't matter to him, but of course he's lying) and he'll end up being a big footnote rather than a highly celebrated fighter which is a shame considering his ability.

Manny will be a beloved legend and Floyd will be a "what might have been"
Agreed. Floyd is his own worst enemy. He has the ability to finish fights but he doesn't. He's content to run around, hold and just do enough to win. He's great but not even close to being the best ever like he claims.

Outside of his work ethic I think he's a piece of crap. Can't stand him.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 08:07 AM   #19
Swordsman
Death is hereditary.

boredom of the century.

no offence.
Swordsman is offline   Reply With Quote