Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > eFX, HCG & CM

Old 03-28-2016, 04:48 PM   #1
leplant
Deadman

HCG 1:1 Slimer

Just out, cast from original molds apparently. I always wanted one of these, hope it turns out.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Slimer12.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	33.2 KB
ID:	95501  
leplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 04:57 PM   #2
qz33
Rescue

Really want to see in hand pictures for this.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 05:23 PM   #3
SimmonM
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

It appears to be missing the uvula from inside of his mouth and they filled in his butt crack!
SimmonM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 08:49 PM   #4
Sigep756
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Interesting as NECA is also offering a 1:1 Slimer at the same time, though theirs is foam rubber I believe.
Sigep756 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 10:18 PM   #5
qz33
Rescue

Always something missing always something.

It's either spot on or it's not and if it's not they can keep it for this much money.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 11:18 PM   #6
Enforcer

Yeah they can keep their slimer. I don't know what is up HCG's butts but they can't seem to produce accurate product to save their lives. Seriously, they covered up a butt crack on a movie prop. I don't know what's more disgusting: That I care about a butt crack or that they would cover a butt crack up, but I do know that I'm keeping my $1199.

I mean, I wasn't absolutely ready to drop $1200 on this, but I was thinking how frickin cool is this and then I realize it's censored. Total buzzkill decision by them and I'm not even considering it now. Matter of fact, after I hit Submit Reply, I'm forgetting this exists
Enforcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 11:32 PM   #7
PermaGrin
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Yaay!

Booo...

How sturdy is/would a fiberglass version be?
I have dealt with pvc and polystone, but not fiberglass as far as collectibles go.

Also from look at the Neca one mentioned...I know this girl has got to be small...but is he that big?
http://necaonline.com/wp-content/upl...--657x1024.jpg
PermaGrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 12:58 AM   #8
Ricky Bobby
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

That's disappointing to hear its not film accurate,been waiting a long time for something like this.Was hoping Chronicle would of made a 1:1 Slimer but after the terror dogs they didn't do anything with the license
Ricky Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 01:13 AM   #9
Enforcer

It's pretty big. Make note of the other props(they too appear to be 1:1 scale) in the picture. I imagine the trap under him is 1:1 scale replica

The HCG and NECA version will be every bit as big, clocking in at 3+ feet in height.

Fiberglass is a fine material to use. Whether or not fiberglass resin is an acceptable material for $1199...I leave that up to interested parties to decide. But if I were still interested...I'd probably say no. But it is a 50 and a 250 limited run. I'm sure it doesn't do any favors for the asking price. It might be a long time before we see another 1:1 that hopefully will be faithful to the mold. I would mention CC here, but I think I've learned enough to know that 1)HCG has the 1:1 license? maybe, and 2)Paul wouldn't bother now that HCG has done it and will probably take time to sell out so he won't touch it with a ten foot pole even if he was allowed to...

So, if you want a 1:1 slimer, and can live with a censored version that's mostly accurate and at least far superior to what NECA is doing, this may very well be your only chance for many years to come. I find myself considering the NECA version. Assuming the price is right I'd get a chuckle out of it for display. HCGs price just isn't right :/ Undo the censor job and I think it's instantly worth every penny despite not being 100% spot on elsewhere.
Enforcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 02:15 AM   #10
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

I would love a 1:1 slimer as it would go awesome with my proton pack and trap, but I can't believe they filled the crack in! what were they thinking! I know lets get hold of an original movie prop and make it non accurate

Quote:
Originally Posted by PermaGrin View Post
How sturdy is/would a fiberglass version be?
I have dealt with pvc and polystone, but not fiberglass as far as collectibles go.
when they use fiberglass it's pretty much the same technique as every 1:1 bust/statue out there that being a thin polystone/resin shell to capture the detail which is then backed by the fiberglass. Strength wise it's VERY strong and resistant to damage especially compared to plain polystone/resin plus it's a lot lighter which is the main reason for using it on large pieces.
El Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote