Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 03-24-2017, 01:26 PM   #31
LegendaryOutlaw
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
I'm sure that's what they're doing. Like everything else they're doing in comics to reflect the movies or TV, from Cap's costume to the new Nick Fury (taken from Ultimates, mind you) to Elektra's outfit, to DD's costume and Matt's looking like Charlie Cox to Thor's be haircut and now this.

I was surprised but the reveal so that was something. That said, I was hoping for the battle hinged by the cover and some resolution for Odinson rather than the creation of yet another Thor. In all, for a mini series with such strong issues the finale was just a non-starter for me.
I hope this move of the lovely Hela and Thanos turns out to be as great as what Aaron did with the arc of Malekith that started when Thor TDW was about to arrived in Theaters, and that today still rocks in Mighty Thor.
LegendaryOutlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 01:43 PM   #32
Leon
WHITE & NERDY

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichBamf View Post
I think, given how badly they could have handled it, that it wasn't a bad reveal.

Not saying it was particularly great, but the way Marvel have handled a lot of things recently, I'm pleasantly surprised.

I expected the reveal to be something stupid, but it was okay I guess.

And I love how they used Esad Ribic (Thor: God of Thunder - 2013/14) and Russell Dauterman (current artist The Mighty Thor) in issue 4. Gives it more sense of continuation.
Leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 01:48 PM   #33
LegendaryOutlaw
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Léon View Post

I expected the reveal to be something stupid, but it was okay I guess.

And I love how they used Esad Ribic (Thor: God of Thunder - 2013/14) and Russell Dauterman (current artist The Mighty Thor) in issue 4. Gives it more sense of continuation.
Yeah, Aaron's Thor is the best example of 'let a Title stretch its legs'......well an story through some Titles.
LegendaryOutlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 09:24 PM   #34
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegendaryOutlaw View Post
Yeah, Aaron's Thor is the best example of 'let a Title stretch its legs'......
Agree completely!
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 08:51 AM   #35
risingstar
Jedi Order

Does it look like the Jane Foster Thor is here for good now? Also, do we ever see the She-Thor without her helmet?
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 10:56 AM   #36
Y3E
Gen 13

Yep, it looks like Jane will be Thor for the long haul.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 11:58 AM   #37
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

She's still fighting cancer and it's been noted that her transformations into Thor, while eliminating the cancer while in Asgardian form, either weakens her further as a human or accelerates her cancer progress. I fear her death from cancer is in the cards and may well be as powerful as Mar-Vell's death was.
Old 03-28-2017, 03:47 PM   #38
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

I don't know... I know i'm insensitive and everything by saying this because cancer is no laughing matter but God of Thunder dying from cancer is kind of funny. It's such a let down... lol I mean it reminds me of South Park or something lol

She dined in the halls of Valhalla with Gods ! She fought against giants and Gods ! She is a Goddess ! She constrols thunders ! She overcame impossible challenges, odds and threads !

and three weeks later she died of cancer...

Yes, you heard me right... Today a God died of cancer... She should have taken better care of her diet. Ok, people no more fried food in Valhalla...

the words came to me in the Trey Parker's voice btw
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 04:24 PM   #39
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

In fairness, she's human rather than Asgardian and acquired her cancer as a human. In altered form with asgardian physiology and Thunder God powers, it appears the cancer isn't with her. But when she returns to her natural and original human state her cancer not only is back but is worse. I know you're not being flippant and maybe I'm responding too seriously, but this is a very interesting and highly emotionally resonant rub in this storyline.
Old 03-28-2017, 04:44 PM   #40
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
In fairness, she's human rather than Asgardian and acquired her cancer as a human. In altered form with asgardian physiology and Thunder God powers, it appears the cancer isn't with her. But when she returns to her natural and original human state her cancer not only is back but is worse. I know you're not being flippant and maybe I'm responding too seriously, but this is a very interesting and highly emotionally resonant rub in this storyline.
Oh, i mean no disrespect.

I have never read Thor btw. Just a Loki mini drawn by Esad Ribic. (but i will start with Walt Simonson Omni) I don't know, may be it looks dramatic to me too, if i read Jane Foster Thor someday but hearing a God dying of cancer sounds like something can happen in South Park. Insensitive to some point but indeniably funny. lol
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote