Statue Forum 

XM Studios

Tweeterhead

StatueForum on Twitter StatueForum on Facebook StatueForum on YouTube
Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Books, Literature & News

Old 05-04-2018, 09:34 AM   #91
ukshaun
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by biglebowski9999 View Post
There is at least one lawsuit filed on Weinstein that I am aware of. Cosby was first in court for this stuff in 2005 and things were reopened in 2015 or so. You do understand you don't just end up in court the day after accusations are made, right? It's not like Weinstein is going to get off the hook.
In the case of Weinstein and the many victims claiming rape, and the rapist being known. I've not read of police making an arrest? ..how many months has it been?

Meanwhile, the Los Angeles County district attorney's office is reviewing five cases against Weinstein, two brought by the Beverly Hills Police Department and three from Los Angeles police. He's also under criminal investigation in London.

Weinstein's legal team has said they would respond to an indictment in any "appropriate legal forum, where necessary."

Those with power and money are treated differently. Look at the OJ case. How pathetic. With all the media attention, i think they lost sight of the fact they had a murderer in the court room. The glove failed to fit, he must be innocent?
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 10:13 AM   #92
biglebowski9999
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
In the case of Weinstein and the many victims claiming rape, and the rapist being known. I've not read of police making an arrest? ..how many months has it been?

Meanwhile, the Los Angeles County district attorney's office is reviewing five cases against Weinstein, two brought by the Beverly Hills Police Department and three from Los Angeles police. He's also under criminal investigation in London.

Weinstein's legal team has said they would respond to an indictment in any "appropriate legal forum, where necessary."

Those with power and money are treated differently. Look at the OJ case. How pathetic. With all the media attention, i think they lost sight of the fact they had a murderer in the court room. The glove failed to fit, he must be innocent?
I don't know what to tell you other than you are over-simplifying the legal process. Some of these accusations are over a decade old, this isn't a "caught in the act" situation where you get arrested immediately. They have to build a case and then arrest him. Which they will.

I completely agree with what you are saying regarding those with power and money in this country, but like Cosby it will not save Weinstein, either, this time.
biglebowski9999 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 02:11 PM   #93
Demona

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
The question is, why is Harvey Weinstein still a free man?

Money, Power, Corruption. Ever since the Harvey Weinstein allegations erupted, he has been pulling every string that can be pulled to limit damage and escape without punishment.
Several states and even a few international law offices (France?) are working to build on the rape charges against him. The concern is that rushing it could lead to a mistrial or botched case. SO, everybody is taking their time in working on this -- but his day will come.

Meanwhile he is financially ruined. It is a damn shame his family is collateral damage, but some of them covered for his slime ball ass. It's karma the rats go down with the ship.
Demona is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 02:13 PM   #94
Demona

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisDean View Post
"Camille Cosby Compares Husband to Emmett Till and Blames Media" https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/03/a...mett-till.html
She has lost her ever loving mind. I read this story and chalked it up to a woman who has lied for her husband so long it's just pure instincts now.
Demona is online now   Reply With Quote