Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 09-20-2018, 05:52 PM   #21
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by junta View Post
That didn't convey a happy death, to me. I saw fear, sadness and resolve. As part of the audience, I didn't feel like celebrating during that scene.
That's exactly why I hate it. The image works at cross purposes against the narrative.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 06:55 PM   #22
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by junta View Post
That didn't convey a happy death, to me. I saw fear, sadness and resolve. As part of the audience, I didn't feel like celebrating during that scene.
JP Sarri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 07:14 PM   #23
built2shred
Phoenix

Bottom Line, without good stories it doesn't matter if they put 10 years between movie releases...

Lucas had a hit with the first Trilogy (4,5 & 6) when he announced the prequels everyone got excited, yeah more Star Wars, then we got Episode 1 with horrible acting and dialogue. But we said you know what Episode 2 has got to be better, but nope it was worse. Then we said to ourselves ok with all the complaints from fans Episode 3 will turn it around... Meh, it was better then Episode 2 but still a disappointment.

So then Lucas says he won't make anymore Star Wars movies, years go by, Disney buys Lucas out and all the fans get excited again thinking Disney with it's huge deep pockets and with the success of Marvel there's no way they could mess it up... Wrong, they hire Kennedy who's only goal is to feminize Star Wars. Which would of been fine if the writing was any good... It wasn't... And with Episode 7 we got a rehash of Episode 4 except this time the main character is a girl... It wasn't all bad, ok at best, but hey they have to do better with Episode 8 right? Boy how wrong could we be, Kennedy hires a director that only wants to the opposite of what he thinks fans will want... You know to fool them... the writing was horrible the character development was non-existent. it was just a complete mess.

Anyways I think Star Wars fans have given up and are not going to assume the next Star Wars movies are going to be any better like they have in the past.. Star Wars reputation is pretty much ruin IMO...

Until they get rid of Kennedy I doubt things will get better...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 09:45 PM   #24
KELPIE
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...owdown-1145493

Disney CEO Bob Iger:
Quote:
I made the timing decision, and as I look back, I think the mistake that I made — I take the blame — was a little too much, too fast. You can expect some slowdown, but that doesn't mean we're not going to make films. J.J. [Abrams] is busy making [Episode] IX. We have creative entities, including [Game of Thrones creators David] Benioff and [D.B.] Weiss, who are developing sagas of their own, which we haven't been specific about. And we are just at the point where we're going to start making decisions about what comes next after J.J.'s. But I think we're going to be a little bit more careful about volume and timing. And the buck stops here on that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KELPIE View Post
I think as soon as Disney announced they were doing one movie a year it was obvious the franchise was going to suffer.
KELPIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 10:31 PM   #25
armitage
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by KELPIE View Post
Way to dance to the corporate tune! Funny how Bob himself had to come out and talk shop taking the blame and absolving Kathleen Kennedy from the mess entirely. Really just making an excuse for terrible decision making and taking responsibility for her actions? She make millions and can't answer a few simple questions? Where is she anyhow? Is she in hiding? She's not a leader at all. Things go south and she runs for the hills. Really sets a good example for other women in business when a male has to jump on the land mine she created to save her own @ss.
Bob has to come out and save the day with a few excuses..." "too many films , too fast blah blah". Really the problem is an incompetent person with no idea what the hell is going on was handed the most successful intellectual property ever and she drove it as fast as possible off the cliff. DOn't know what I'm talking about? Look at this sh!t show. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bH_Ws7sA468
Pay particular attention to the down vote ratio to up votes. It's hilarious but what's even funnier is this that despite them claiming this is for children it airs Oct 7 at 10 pm Sunday night. What imbecile thought any child this was geared for was going to be up at 10pm Sun night right before school the next day?
armitage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 10:38 PM   #26
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by armitage View Post
despite them claiming this is for children it airs Oct 7 at 10 pm Sunday night. What imbecile thought any child this was geared for was going to be up at 10pm Sun night right before school the next day?
I'm not a fan of Kathleen Kennedy, but most likely she's not in charge of TV scheduling. You should get in contact with Kevin Mayer, Chairman, Direct-to-Consumer and International, The Walt Disney Co.

(By the way, Sunday has the most TV viewers, precisely because people are staying at home to rest before going to work/school.)
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 10:44 PM   #27
armitage
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
I'm not a fan of Kathleen Kennedy, but most likely she's not in charge of TV scheduling.
It's the principle of the thing. It's just another mistake in the long line of mistakes.
armitage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 11:06 PM   #28
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

I won't be seeing the 3rd new one at the movie theater. I'm a casual Star Wars fan and I have not liked the last 3 and I skipped Solo.
marvelboi77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 04:10 AM   #29
built2shred
Phoenix

If they could find a really good writer, I would love to see a trilogy based on the beginning origins of the Jedi and Sith...

Disney needs to move away from the Skywalker timeline....
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 04:30 AM   #30
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

Rogue One was ok, Force Awaken was meh... Last Jedi was bad for the depiction of Luke Skywalker... :/

But i really liked Solo, Solo was awesome.
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote