Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 01-21-2021, 12:12 AM   #31
pau123
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby1938 View Post
scorpion has not even been out very long and I find it ridiculous people want redo because they didn’t have balls to preorder him to begin with . I’m sorry but that’s too bad . Why redo him?

I’m not talking about a statue that’s over 7 years old or more . Redo pieces that old is justified but not something that came out couple years ago . Sideshow is your only hope of Scorpion now and the way they make statues these days ..... good luck with that . They have never made the core villains never mind B and C list .
How many years ago was Carnage and Venom released? Seem less than 5 years ago.
pau123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 02:25 PM   #32
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

They are not B and C list sorry folks
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 02:57 PM   #33
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryTonge View Post
I agree. Scorpion was on PO when they were doing MTO. Still baffled so few POd.
They don't do MTO anymore?
qz33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 03:36 PM   #34
Peedi
The Secret Six

Carnage is A list? So he’s up there with Cap, Hulk, Spider-Man, Black Panther, Iron Man, Thor and Wolverine? He has the world wide renown of Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Catwoman, Joker?

I think concepts like A list, B list, etc will be different from person to person. To me any character that isn’t what’s considered “a household name” isn’t A list. But I know that’s not everybody’s criteria.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 05:17 PM   #35
saberhagen
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
scorpion has not even been out very long and I find it ridiculous people want redo because they didn’t have balls to preorder him to begin with . I’m sorry but that’s too bad . Why redo him?

The only issue is what people have to pay to get him now . That’s it ! I hear the same about Hulkbuster and we need another one ??? Why? Again Someone didn’t want to PO him for cost , now the company needs to sculpt another to fulfill the ones that didn’t invest to begin with . Not happening .

I’m not talking about a statue that’s over 7 years old or more . Redo pieces that old is justified but not something that came out couple years ago . Sideshow is your only hope of Scorpion now and the way they make statues these days ..... good luck with that . They have never made the core villains never mind B and C list .
Because the demand is higher than the 300 statues produced for the Southeast Asian market? MTO has some advantages, but bottom line is it means fewer statues sold and over a shorter time window. Which encourages and rewards speculators much more than average statue customers. It actively discourages new customers.

Sideshow, Prime 1, Iron Studios, and Tweeterhead have these issues to some extent (they are collectables after all), but it's the worst with XM.

Scorpion came out over two years ago, but how long before that did the pre-order stop? How long was it open, like 6 months? You might like a low ES, but then you really shouldn't be surprised at people asking for another.
saberhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 09:16 PM   #36
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

You won’t see another scorpion for years guaranteed
Old 01-21-2021, 09:18 PM   #37
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
Carnage is A list? So he’s up there with Cap, Hulk, Spider-Man, Black Panther, Iron Man, Thor and Wolverine? He has the world wide renown of Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Catwoman, Joker?

I think concepts like A list, B list, etc will be different from person to person. To me any character that isn’t what’s considered “a household name” isn’t A list. But I know that’s not everybody’s criteria.
In Spider-Man’s universe Carnage and Venom are A list so is Green Goblin Doc Ock. No question about it . They have spin off comic books series , now we have Knull as a tie in to them . Huge in Spiderverse . You know this . He’s getting his own movie . Come on now .
Old 01-21-2021, 09:29 PM   #38
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Quote:
In Spider-Man’s universe Carnage and Venom are A list so is Green Goblin Doc Ock. No question about it . They have spin off comic books series , now we have Knull as a tie in to them . Huge in Spiderverse . You know this . He’s getting his own movie . Come on now .
IMO, Carnage is not A list in the Spidey-Verse (more like B). I agree with you though that Green Goblin, Doc Ock, and Venom are A list.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 10:30 PM   #39
saberhagen
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Then why the incredulity that people dare say they would like one on a forum? Your exclusivity is protected.
saberhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 10:57 PM   #40
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
That’s one thing you’ve said I can agree on. There’s too many variables to say a character will never be made again. Because the current version is “perfect” ain’t a valid or logical reason. Scorpion gets in a movie, market changes, character just pops for whatever reason, or even if Sideshow just feels like it one day, then they’d make him.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote