Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 05-10-2018, 09:44 AM   #4781
Bolo2002b
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

These RYU’s are selling below average price on ebay , which is sad now days because we waited 2 years. I don’t ever remember this hobby losting heat so fast. Guess there is more resellers like funko pops then real collectors.
Bolo2002b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 09:45 AM   #4782
wizardjones
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Because after they pay to ship twice and send you a replacement they are out even more money.
Man... I never had to do this before Qz!! I cannot fathom having to destroy a $900.00 statue and get a replacement from a group who is already having problems responding to customer complaints in a timely manner.
wizardjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 09:53 AM   #4783
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizardjones View Post
Man... I never had to do this before Qz!! I cannot fathom having to destroy a $900.00 statue and get a replacement from a group who is already having problems responding to customer complaints in a timely manner.
That's how it goes.

No body else is gonna want the broken statue and they can't fix it.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 10:30 AM   #4784
wizardjones
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
That's how it goes.

No body else is gonna want the broken statue and they can't fix it.
Qz you are suppose to be my guiding hope that lets me live in my little dream world where statues still make 2x their original price and the QC is easy peasy. Yet, you are now hitting me with a reality stick!?(just being silly)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolo2002b View Post
These RYU’s are selling below average price on ebay , which is sad now days because we waited 2 years. I don’t ever remember this hobby losting heat so fast. Guess there is more resellers like funko pops then real collectors.
I only have two Funko pops from when they first started coming out. After that I just kinda stopped with those because I am kinda Boujee and like the hyper detail that other figures provide lol.
wizardjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 09:22 PM   #4785
strife87
Spider-Ham

Quote:
I'd love to see the same person do a review of all 3.

Wish I could send you the other 2 for a review.
What did you want to compare on them? Or just see all three in one place in one video?
strife87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 10:06 PM   #4786
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by strife87 View Post
What did you want to compare on them? Or just see all three in one place in one video?
I'd love to see the same person discuss all 3.

I'd like to see them all in high quality.
There's videos of them all but not so many that do them justice.

I'm wondering if Evil Ryu has skin freckles like the others or just shading.
And really I need to open my Evil Ryu.
Old 05-10-2018, 10:29 PM   #4787
strife87
Spider-Ham

Quote:
I'd love to see the same person discuss all 3.

I'd like to see them all in high quality.
There's videos of them all but not so many that do them justice.

I'm wondering if Evil Ryu has skin freckles like the others or just shading.
And really I need to open my Evil Ryu.
Gotcha. I thought if there was something specific you wanted to see I could help you out. Wouldn't be as professional as some of the fellas here though.

Lol you have a lot more patience than I do, I open my statues asap.
Evil has freckling. He's just a darker shade with darker muscle definition highlighting.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	15260055411511334340288.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	202.5 KB
ID:	113692  
Old 05-10-2018, 10:36 PM   #4788
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by strife87 View Post
Gotcha. I thought if there was something specific you wanted to see I could help you out. Wouldn't be as professional as some of the fellas here though.

Lol you have a lot more patience than I do, I open my statues asap.
Evil has freckling. He's just a darker shade with darker muscle definition highlighting.

Thank you. When Twstd said

Quote:
Originally Posted by twstd View Post
Not who you asked but I feel like Evil Ryus body is painted better shading wise, but Zangiefs head/face is miles ahead of Ryus. It's like if Ryus head was painted as good as Zangiefs and Zangiefs body was painted as well as Ryus, then they'd both be absolutely perfect.
it made me a bit worried. Historically PCS statues have usually had freckles OR shading but rarely both. Now Battle is an exception and I want Evil to be jsut as awesome. I LOVE Battle's face. I don't think I have a statue with a face done better.

And not really patient as tired. I get home after 9 PM most nights and I refuse to open statues in my house because I can't stand the clean up. It takes me about 45 minutes get one out and the box away so yeah...
Old 05-10-2018, 10:50 PM   #4789
strife87
Spider-Ham

Quote:
Thank you. When Twstd said

it made me a bit worried. Historically PCS statues have usually had freckles OR shading but rarely both. Now Battle is an exception and I want Evil to be jsut as awesome. I LOVE Battle's face. I don't think I have a statue with a face done better.

And not really patient as tired. I get home after 9 PM most nights and I refuse to open statues in my house because I can't stand the clean up. It takes me about 45 minutes get one out and the box away so yeah...
Understandable. Sometimes that styro goes everywhere when unboxing.

Evil is just as awesome imo. I prefer it personally ( as I've said many times ) as i find the darker color scheme, gi, skin, shading, not to mention the teeth and glowing eyes, etc, I just think it's more of a stand out piece between the three.

I can't speak on the face vs gief as I don't have him but i find the paint on my evil ryu to be well done. Lines are clean between the hair, face, eyebrows, etc. I think you'll like him.
Old 05-11-2018, 10:38 AM   #4790
twstd
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I was saying Evil Ryus body is well painted with shading unlike Zangiefs. Ryus face however, has absolutely zero shading. It is just one flat brown colour skin wise. His body is totally different, with shading and veins painted. It makes his face stand out as the body is very well done, but his face and eyes are just flat colours.
twstd is offline   Reply With Quote