Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tsume / Attakus

Old 02-24-2020, 10:50 PM   #81
Zombiez
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandedSaiyan27 View Post
The music from the 1997 anime is far superior to the movie trilogy. I still think the movie trilogy has good music, but not AS good as the 97 anime. They are both done by Susumu Hirasawa who can do no wrong. Just listen to Forces, Behelit or the perfect theme for when the eclipse starts... Monster. There are many more gold tracks from that OST but those stick out to me. Also how could you not like put your grasses on
I couldn't disagree more with your musical assessment of these movies. The music from the trilogy is just 100% vastly superior to the 97 show the only songs from 97 that holds up somewhat are guts theme and behelit but they sound repetitive after awhile because those songs are mood music. They are great songs for setting the mood of the characters and scene but they aren't songs people can just listen to. The music from the 97 show sounds very computerized and doesn't really fit the dark age setting of the berserk universe

Meanwhile the music of the trilogy and the terrible 2016 show is music that actually makes your spirit move because they are more orchestral and thus they are more listenable and they manage to capture a mood and better fit the setting.

As for the art the 97 show holds up much better but it's just too dated and the backgrounds are too static and then there is the blurred coloring and lack of detail when compared to the trilogy. Even the sound effects are better in the trilogy.
Zombiez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 02:23 PM   #82
BrandedSaiyan27
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiez View Post
I couldn't disagree more with your musical assessment of these movies. The music from the trilogy is just 100% vastly superior to the 97 show the only songs from 97 that holds up somewhat are guts theme and behelit but they sound repetitive after awhile because those songs are mood music. They are great songs for setting the mood of the characters and scene but they aren't songs people can just listen to. The music from the 97 show sounds very computerized and doesn't really fit the dark age setting of the berserk universe

Meanwhile the music of the trilogy and the terrible 2016 show is music that actually makes your spirit move because they are more orchestral and thus they are more listenable and they manage to capture a mood and better fit the setting.

As for the art the 97 show holds up much better but it's just too dated and the backgrounds are too static and then there is the blurred coloring and lack of detail when compared to the trilogy. Even the sound effects are better in the trilogy.
Well these are all completely subjective topics were talking about. So instead of trying to argue my point in hopes that you'll agree with me lets just agree to disagree

I like the 97 anime including it's art, script, music and overall aesthetic and feel more than the trilogy, and you like the trilogy more. And that's okay because at the end of the day it's Berserk and I love Berserk so we have that in common.
BrandedSaiyan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2020, 08:02 AM   #83
Punisher_
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Anyone notice the amount of seams Zodd has? Been thinking of picking this up now that its close to delivery I think... But as I was looking at the stock photos and even videos I just been noticing his arms, legs, tail, and head all have a seam. I don't mind having some but this seems like over kill and would bug me tbh.
Punisher_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2021, 07:45 AM   #84
HiTMAN
The Herculoids

Tsume posted a few unboxing videos on their YouTube channel and this was one of them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1iRKoYZsfs

Zodd comes in 4 pieces, the seams don't appear noticeable looking at it head on. I think Zodd looks good as a standalone, but overall not my favorite Berserk statue unless your after that particular scene. It doesn't translate well in 3D nor display well IMO.
HiTMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2021, 02:21 PM   #85
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiTMAN View Post
Tsume posted a few unboxing videos on their YouTube channel and this was one of them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1iRKoYZsfs

Zodd comes in 4 pieces, the seams don't appear noticeable looking at it head on. I think Zodd looks good as a standalone, but overall not my favorite Berserk statue unless your after that particular scene. It doesn't translate well in 3D nor display well IMO.
Totally agree. Unles syou are having it int he centre of a room on a table where you can walk around it or let it spin the scene doesn't work...

I also REALLY don't like the huge yellow over spray ont he columns and the base to show light, i don't like overspray anyone way but here it just looks real bad. Also the torches just magnetizing to the columns....not sure about that...

They didn't even have the batteries to show the light ups?

For the price i would expect those torches on the columns and base to light up and then they wouldn't need the horrible overspray.

Also i always go on about this but a huge heavy piece with so many delicate bits you don't want to be pulling bits off to turn lights on/replace batteries...for the premium price of a premium piece...make it so all lights work from one battery pack and add a wall option to have it lit constantly...

It all feels abit too little too late after Oniri and Prime 1...
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2021, 02:21 AM   #86
Drakul
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

it's one of my favorite scenes from the anime so I like it but I agree with the yellow spray being a bit meh. And yeah I wish every statue came with a plug in option so I could just set them in a display and daisy chain some multi plug to turn everything on at once and with having to open everything.

All I know is I'm probably going to get divorced once my wife sees the boxes....
Drakul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2021, 12:59 PM   #87
Drakul
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Some in France have received it. Just watched an unboxing stream on Krayn's channel.
Drakul is offline   Reply With Quote