Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Gentle Giant

Old 05-16-2014, 06:11 AM   #1001
Xaerius
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spec Fiction View Post
wow, this thread is WAY off the tracks. It's such a pity. Instead of discussing whether or not a piece is overpriced, why can't we just discuss the PIECE itself. It really is just up to an individual to decide whether or not the piece is too much for them or not...
Just pre-ordered both Lucky and Derby from SpecFictionShop. They have "lucky" at a great introductory price right now so that kind of eliminated the price point argument, for me.

I wanted to say thanks to your team at SpecFiction for giving us the opportunity to own these pieces because I, for one, never would have been able to afford them otherwise.

You guys rock!

Last edited by Xaerius; 05-16-2014 at 06:12 AM. Reason: typo
Xaerius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 06:28 AM   #1002
CKinSD
Crush Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by statuemonger View Post
"While this is indeed an open forum that doesn't mean you can just say whatever you want." You do realize that is a contradictory statement and I was not saying whatever I want. Ironically you failed to address the fact that several others complained about pricing before I even came on this thread. I understand that you have a vested interest in keeping threads on track, however when the price is announced and a good portion of the posts are about the high pricing perhaps you should rethink your stance. The fact alone that you were there to counter my thread and follow it with a threat within moments of my posting shows some sort of over exuberance towards me, this line, company or something I cannot put my finger on. You may be a moderator but you seem to wield it with a bit more authority than is needed, especially on this topic and more so on the GG threads. If some other moderators could interject and take a look at what I said I am certain reason will show that I am not an unruly member of this internet community. Further more you might see that Hellboy is acting a bit unfairly/irrationally regarding this topic. Before he stepped in there was no nasty attacks or vicious name calling. In fact the only thing someone mentioned after Hellboy interjected was that I “implied the buyers of this statue were stupid” which was not my intent. People will always buy something over priced and excuse it for some reason. Like when your buddy gets a Beatles LP and you ask how much but they refuse to tell you…they acted foolish and spent more than they should have and they realize it.
well you asked for another moderator to step in and here I am. i am one of the original moderators here and will let you know that I would have banned you far more than others.

I've read your posts a few times to ensure i get your take on the matter. I agree the costs of collectible statues is on the rise and companies are trying to get as much as they can for them. That though is part of business.

I believe the main issue here is the fact you cannot post on the matter only once. you a repetitive to the extreme and that does get old for folks to read. This thread is meant to be talking about the statue itself. Yes cost is part of that but not the only contributing factor. Most members understand this is an expensive hobby, they want to know about the statue. In this thread I've found great comments on the quality, look and overall design. To me and many others that is what we want to know about.

Here is my suggestion, stop talking the same points. say it once and move on to another subject. Stop feeling you are being prosecuted by a moderator as well. As I said at the beginning I would have banned you for a lot longer than others. We see you have a passion for the hobby as we do, but when we only see you beating the dead horse all the time................ well it gets old. real old!

Here is my very rare warning. stop with the persecution crap and how they are costing to much statement. enjoy the forum for what it is intended for. Enjoying and sharing our hobby.

If that is to much to ask please let me know.

thanks and have a great day!
Old 05-16-2014, 07:40 AM   #1003
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKinSD View Post
well you asked for another moderator to step in and here I am. i am one of the original moderators here and will let you know that I would have banned you far more than others.

I've read your posts a few times to ensure i get your take on the matter. I agree the costs of collectible statues is on the rise and companies are trying to get as much as they can for them. That though is part of business.

I believe the main issue here is the fact you cannot post on the matter only once. you a repetitive to the extreme and that does get old for folks to read. This thread is meant to be talking about the statue itself. Yes cost is part of that but not the only contributing factor. Most members understand this is an expensive hobby, they want to know about the statue. In this thread I've found great comments on the quality, look and overall design. To me and many others that is what we want to know about.

Here is my suggestion, stop talking the same points. say it once and move on to another subject. Stop feeling you are being prosecuted by a moderator as well. As I said at the beginning I would have banned you for a lot longer than others. We see you have a passion for the hobby as we do, but when we only see you beating the dead horse all the time................ well it gets old. real old!

Here is my very rare warning. stop with the persecution crap and how they are costing to much statement. enjoy the forum for what it is intended for. Enjoying and sharing our hobby.

If that is to much to ask please let me know.

thanks and have a great day!
Here's another mod chiming in. All you have to do is say a statue is too expensive for you and then leave the thread. The endless ramblings are tiresome and boring. Yeah, just about everyone here realizes you think they are too expensive but they will sell out indicating there are enough collectors who think they are worth the price. You aren't going to convince them so why go on about it.
Old 05-16-2014, 08:35 AM   #1004
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

i understand these are very well executed pieces. but for the price they are asking for these i would have liked to have seen a themed base. i understand that the clear bases are different. but i see that getting old real quick if the price keeps increasing.
the price would be easier to swallow if the base related to the characters in some way.
DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 09:01 AM   #1005
Doctor Doom
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

I would really just like to get the regular Whisper in hand and get this set rolling! I have the Exclusive Whisper and she is absolutely gorgeous, but I need to see her displayed with some of the others.....hopefully GG gets moving!
Doctor Doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 11:23 AM   #1006
Skullboy
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaerius View Post
Just pre-ordered both Lucky and Derby from SpecFictionShop. They have "lucky" at a great introductory price right now so that kind of eliminated the price point argument, for me.

I wanted to say thanks to your team at SpecFiction for giving us the opportunity to own these pieces because I, for one, never would have been able to afford them otherwise.

You guys rock!
Do these guys post to UK?

Thanks
Skullboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 12:40 PM   #1007
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Doom View Post
I would really just like to get the regular Whisper in hand and get this set rolling! I have the Exclusive Whisper and she is absolutely gorgeous, but I need to see her displayed with some of the others.....hopefully GG gets moving!
I agree. Getting the regular shipped and in collectors' hands may reinvigorate interest in this line. The SDCC exclusive was a nice start but I want to see the quality of the larger run on regulars. Plus I really want my Whisper.
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 02:08 PM   #1008
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamicMenace View Post
i understand these are very well executed pieces. but for the price they are asking for these i would have liked to have seen a themed base. i understand that the clear bases are different. but i see that getting old real quick if the price keeps increasing.
the price would be easier to swallow if the base related to the characters in some way.
I don't mind the clear bases for museum poses, I kind of prefer it, but I do think environmental bases are the way to go with action poses...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 02:24 PM   #1009
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skullboy View Post
Do these guys post to UK?

Thanks
Yes, yes they do.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 02:29 PM   #1010
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
I don't mind the clear bases for museum poses, I kind of prefer it, but I do think environmental bases are the way to go with action poses...
I like the GG black bases. They don't take away from the sculpt. I'd rather look at the sculpt. Most bases are just too generic. Rubble seems to be a choice for many bases which to me is just meh. But I'll admit some do look very nice. Just depends on the piece.