Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 05-02-2019, 03:07 PM   #521
JadeGiant
Angry Green Rage Monster Mod. SMASH!
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead View Post
But the rest of the world will think of it as fact, and so it will be going forward.
not really ... reboots are commonplace now. If the movie is sub par, it won't hold back a future movie in any way

CAF
JadeGiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 03:11 PM   #522
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
But the rest of the world will think of it as fact, and so it will be going forward.
My Dad still thinks of Caesar Romero as the default Joker. Hasn't stopped DC from changing and reinventing the character multiple times.

We just had Jared Leto play the role a few years ago, is that fact for the world?
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 03:14 PM   #523
gearhead
The Herculoids

Really? Ask 9 out of 10 people on the street right now who Thor is and they'll tell you he's a comedian with a drinking problem and a magic axe.
gearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 03:17 PM   #524
gearhead
The Herculoids

Jared Leto did a horrible job in a bit part in a horrible movie. Not the same as a Joker origin movie. I hope I'm wrong, but based on past performance I have a bad feeling.
Old 05-02-2019, 03:24 PM   #525
gearhead
The Herculoids

BTW any studio that would put the abomination that was Leto's Joker on screen can not be trusted with his origin story.
Old 05-02-2019, 03:34 PM   #526
ParisDean
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Same. When I tell my friends who enjoy the Marvel movies but aren't really comic fans that I disliked Ragnarok they just look at me with their mouths hanging open.

I think you're right about the general audience, as evidenced by my friends disbelief in my opinion of Ragnarok.

You're not the only one who liked Thor 1 & 2. And I really liked 2, one of my favorites despite many people apparently saying it's the worst Marvel movie. Thor is the medieval element in the Avengers. You'd think with everyone loving LOTR and GoT that he would have been better received without having to turn him in to a joke first.
My experience has been the same. The non-comic book fans I know who have seen the Thor movies think Ragnarok is great while the previous two--The Dark World in particular--are not. But also I do prefer those first two Thor movies.

And Thor's transformation is due to Chris Hemsworth as well. He has publicly said he had gotten bored playing serious Thor, but loves playing funny Thor and will continue to do the Marvel films if he can keep being funny Thor.
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 03:46 PM   #527
Luminous
Cyclops

I've been reading comics my whole life, and I enjoyed all three Thor films. Sure not to the same degree, but they each brought something to the table. Ragnarok was simply the most fun.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 03:49 PM   #528
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Really? Ask 9 out of 10 people on the street right now who Thor is and they'll tell you he's a comedian with a drinking problem and a magic axe.
Largely because this is the only Thor on the big screen. When Thor is rebooted in ten to twenty years have that one as well.

Joker and Batman have had numerous depictions. We survived Clooney as Batman with Bale.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 04:01 PM   #529
Tetragrammaton
The Flash

We already know that we'll be getting more Chris Hemsworth as Thor in future MCU films (possibly in GOTG3, Eternals, Thor 4?), so this wasn't the last time we see the character as was the case with Cap and Tony.
Tetragrammaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 01:07 AM   #530
Meteor Man
Imperial Guardsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
My Dad still thinks of Caesar Romero as the default Joker. Hasn't stopped DC from changing and reinventing the character multiple times.

We just had Jared Leto play the role a few years ago, is that fact for the world?
No, but he does have a point. The Leto Joker was not well received and so it is kaput. The Heath Ledger Joker however was liked by many people and suddenly the Joker didn't have white skin and green hair, he wore grease paint and hair dye and this movie devised version took off and became "the" Joker for a generation. I am one of the few who didn't like the Ledger Joker. I'm still waiting for Joker to be cast right and to look like the classic Joker. He's 6'5" according to the DC Comics info, talk and skinny with that amazing pointed chin, white skin, green hair, etc.
Meteor Man is offline   Reply With Quote