Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 05-03-2019, 06:38 AM   #531
Tushar
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor Man View Post
No, but he does have a point. The Leto Joker was not well received and so it is kaput. The Heath Ledger Joker however was liked by many people and suddenly the Joker didn't have white skin and green hair, he wore grease paint and hair dye and this movie devised version took off and became "the" Joker for a generation. I am one of the few who didn't like the Ledger Joker. I'm still waiting for Joker to be cast right and to look like the classic Joker. He's 6'5" according to the DC Comics info, talk and skinny with that amazing pointed chin, white skin, green hair, etc.
I agree that Ledger was very far removed from the classic Joker we all know. (I was introduced to him through Batman TAS). Granting that point, I still think he was brilliant. Same goes for Bale, Neeson, Hardy, and especially Caine. Hathaway was different, but she sucked. Oldman was great, but he's pretty much the classic Gordon.

I think of Nolan's trilogy as an Elseworlds story. The best Elseworlds story there is. Very different versions of the characters, but their core remains unchanged.
Tushar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 09:37 AM   #532
JadeGiant
Angry Green Rage Monster Mod. SMASH!
Super Moderator

Quote:
No, but he does have a point. The Leto Joker was not well received and so it is kaput. The Heath Ledger Joker however was liked by many people and suddenly the Joker didn't have white skin and green hair, he wore grease paint and hair dye and this movie devised version took off and became "the" Joker for a generation. I am one of the few who didn't like the Ledger Joker. I'm still waiting for Joker to be cast right and to look like the classic Joker. He's 6'5" according to the DC Comics info, talk and skinny with that amazing pointed chin, white skin, green hair, etc.
Leto's Joker was not a good take on the character. Not his fault - bad writing.

I enjoyed Ledger's Joker quite a bit - he really moved the character forward in my eyes.

I really don't care if they find an actor who is 6-5, super thin, and a pointy chin. Movies have proven that they can overcome visual limitations (I never thought Keaton would be able to pull off Batman due to visuals but he did) and I believe a really good actor is always preferred over someone who might look the part but not have the acting chops and range to pull of a complex character like Joker.

I think the casting for the new movie is great and they picked an actor with tons of range and I can easily see him being the Joker on screen. I am much more concerned with the story. If this movie fails, it will be the story IMO, not the actor choice.

CAF
JadeGiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 10:20 AM   #533
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
The one I first saw was 1989 which made him into a gangster that had a clear origin story (including killing Bruce's parents?).

There will never be a Joker, just a collection that people have varying feelings on.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 06:11 PM   #534
Tetragrammaton
The Flash

No idea how anyone was able to hear the dialogue, but apparently in the Peggy Carter 1970s scene she mentions an "Agent Braddock". The interweb has called this a Captain Britain easter egg, I'm not so sure.
Tetragrammaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 06:33 PM   #535
joefixit2
Baron Zemo

With all the time manipulation, good excuse to bring Kang in for the next Avengers movie. Also easy way to bring back Iron Man or Cap if they ever wanted to.
joefixit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 01:08 PM   #536
Big Hulk
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Finally saw this and thought it was just okay. Pretty confusing in my opinion. So did Hulk's snap really work and that was what allowed for the portals to open or was it just Dr. Strange's magic? If it was the later why did he wait so long? Movie was full of confusion and plotholes in my opinion.
Big Hulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 01:13 PM   #537
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Hulk View Post
Finally saw this and thought it was just okay. Pretty confusing in my opinion. So did Hulk's snap really work and that was what allowed for the portals to open or was it just Dr. Strange's magic? If it was the later why did he wait so long? Movie was full of confusion and plotholes in my opinion.
It was Hulk's snap that brought those that dusted back to life. Once back, Dr. Strange transported them through the portals to the battlefield.
nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 01:15 PM   #538
Big Hulk
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
It was Hulk's snap that brought those that dusted back to life. Once back, Dr. Strange transported them through the portals to the battlefield.
I thought so but having to have it explained confirms to me that the writing was too loose on this movie.
Big Hulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 01:16 PM   #539
Tetragrammaton
The Flash

You do make a good point that the film leaves a number of things vague. I honestly think the film could have been a little longer, but there was no way they could have gone over 3 hours.
Tetragrammaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 04:30 PM   #540
ParisDean
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

I found the plot points to be quite clear.
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote