Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 01-26-2011, 12:38 PM   #1401
Mal Strife
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
I should probably look mine over.
I didn't see any problems when I opened mine, but maybe some would pop up after further inspection.
The only issues I had with mine, is that I couldn't get the right wing in for the life of me. No matter what angle or how hard/soft I pushed on it, it wouldn't go in all the way. The left wing glided in right away. So, I actually ended up clipping off part of the pin and that seemed to help. Second, when trying to pull out the right wing, make sure you don't pull up too fast, that tiny piece of hair is right above it. Trying not to break it off while removing the wing had me sweating bullets. I kind of wish that hair piece would have been separate. Then after attaching the wings, you could have just stuck it into place.
I had the exact same problems with mine and on the same sides. My right wing was not wanting to go in and I did end up taking the front lock of hair off. It actually came off easily and went right back into place without needing any glue. I solved my wing problem by using a straightened paper-clip and 'sanding' inside the hole until I could get it in place, then I put the piece of hair back in. It worked well, but I still had to wiggle the wing to get it to sit perfect. Then I boxed her up until I get a display... which puts me also wondering if I should get her back out and check for paint problems or anything else.
Mal Strife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 01:36 PM   #1402
PinkButterfly
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar View Post
If the decal coating in general proves to be that fragile over time (I'm not saying it is), dusting the piece might become a challenge as pieces might eventually begin to chip off (like nailpolish does) at the slightest touch.
What a dreadful thought.

I had another thought about wing replacements. If only one is needed, what if the color scheme if off? My Aspen seems to be a very light version. I see so many variations in the paint/decals on the close-ups.
PinkButterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 01:39 PM   #1403
PinkButterfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Cimmerian View Post
Some quick pics of mine. I am doing some mods in my display room...

Congrats on getting a nice one!
PinkButterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 09:28 PM   #1404
Jayden
Blue Falcon

Well, unfortunately upon further inspection, I've also noticed a few cracks in the decals on my Aspen's wings. So far they're not very visible, but over time I'd be more worried of cracking/flaking during dusting.

Hopefully, I can get myself added to the replacement list for both wings.

Beyond that, there's nothing wrong with mine.
Jayden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 09:35 PM   #1405
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Great pics A Cimmerian!! She looks absolutely beautiful.

So, I actually got to see Aspen in person today. Here's my little story about her. Back last summer, when she first came out, I had an order placed at a LCS (retail price but no deposit). About a week later, saw her listed on Razor's Edge for $50 less but requiring a 10% deposit of $25, so I ordered a second through them and paid my deposit.

When the first batch of pictures came in (along with some of the news of damages, i.e. broken wings, broken ankles) I cancelled through Razor's Edge. Well, then I remembered I had also ordered one through the LCS. I called today, and the guy told me she had actually come in two weeks ago and no one notified me. I said I'd be in to check her out. Well, a few minutes later, I got a call saying he opened her up to inspect her, but she was broken. I still drove over there and went in to look myself, and she did have a broken fin and almost like a puncture hole in one of her wings. But I still loved her, so asked them to try to order a replacement. It was a sad day!

Does anyone know if they are in stock directly through Aspen?
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 09:49 PM   #1406
Jayden
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Great pics A Cimmerian!! She looks absolutely beautiful.

So, I actually got to see Aspen in person today. Here's my little story about her. Back last summer, when she first came out, I had an order placed at a LCS (retail price but no deposit). About a week later, saw her listed on Razor's Edge for $50 less but requiring a 10% deposit of $25, so I ordered a second through them and paid my deposit.

When the first batch of pictures came in (along with some of the news of damages, i.e. broken wings, broken ankles) I cancelled through Razor's Edge. Well, then I remembered I had also ordered one through the LCS. I called today, and the guy told me she had actually come in two weeks ago and no one notified me. I said I'd be in to check her out. Well, a few minutes later, I got a call saying he opened her up to inspect her, but she was broken. I still drove over there and went in to look myself, and she did have a broken fin and almost like a puncture hole in one of her wings. But I still loved her, so asked them to try to order a replacement. It was a sad day!

Yes, Aspen should have them directly. As to whether or not they sold out, I can not say.

Wow, quite a pickle you almost had yourself in. Not sure what would have happened if you had forgotten to cancel from Razors Edge and your LCS wasn't damaged. You'd be on the hook for two of them.
Jayden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 09:52 PM   #1407
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Well, Razor's Edge doesn't charge you automatically, so ultimately if the LCS's had been undamaged, I could have cancelled through Razor's Edge anyways. I'd be out $25, but they would get to keep that money and have another Fathom to sell to someone else!
Old 01-26-2011, 10:57 PM   #1408
oogahonk

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post

Yes, & no. The aspenstore has them listed as "on order" and you can only add one to your wishlist right now. If my numbers are correct they only had about 60-70 that were pre-ordered and they were offering up a larger run of numbers for people to request.

The first of the aspenstore orders were held up in U.S. Customs for a bit, but should now be prepping to ship from California.
oogahonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 11:18 PM   #1409
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by oogahonk View Post
Yes, & no. The aspenstore has them listed as "on order" and you can only add one to your wishlist right now. If my numbers are correct they only had about 60-70 that were pre-ordered and they were offering up a larger run of numbers for people to request.

The first of the aspenstore orders were held up in U.S. Customs for a bit, but should now be prepping to ship from California.
Ok, so meaning that they should have more available to order sometime soon? I don't really have any trust in the LCS that I visited today that they will actually put in for a replacement and call me if they get it in.
Old 01-27-2011, 12:06 AM   #1410
vpw
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

If I'm not mistaken, isn't grace's dress's patterns decals as well?
I'm still anxiously waiting for mine...
vpw is offline   Reply With Quote