Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Old 08-13-2018, 05:18 PM   #1
Bea625
Fantastic Four

ARTFX+ STAR WARS BOUNTY HUNTER LINE

Not sure, but I haven't seen a thread for the upcoming 1/10 bounty hunters from KOTO. I'd like to get opinions of the look and especially the price. I have them all on pre-order now, but I think the asking price is very high...$100 for Dengar?! Do you think these will sell out like the previous 1/7 scale line? I'm very tempted to wait and see what the secondary market dictates, but also don't want to run the risk of missing out or paying more. It seems that nothing in the 1/10 scale for Star Wars is holding its value these days...with the exception of the Shoretroopers/Deathtroopers.
Bea625 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 05:46 AM   #2
Tushar
Hellboy

Troopers have always sold well because of their inherent army-building capacity. That doesn't apply to the bounty hunters.

I'm pretty sure we'll see them on deep discounts soon enough.
Tushar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 03:06 PM   #3
Kicksplode
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?
Adamantium Member

As far as I see it, there's no reason to preorder Koto pieces or pay full price when they almost invariably get discounted on Amazon a month or two after release.
Kicksplode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 04:51 PM   #4
Bea625
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kicksplode View Post
As far as I see it, there's no reason to preorder Koto pieces or pay full price when they almost invariably get discounted on Amazon a month or two after release.

I agree. They've definitely made some poor choices in characters, although I'm sure Disney has their say in who they want released. But the executioner trooper is like $35 now off an $80 MSRP. I got Poe for $80 off a $110 MSRP and Rey/Finn for $61 off a $130 MSRP. These will be popular, but I'm hoping they drop to $60-$70 a piece.
Bea625 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 09:42 AM   #5
mrnighttrain
Doh!

I think the main draw here is the Boba Fett BAF thing they got going for the bounty hunters line. The risk is if you miss one and say it sold out, you wont be able to complete Boba. Also in secondary market, the BAF part might not be included like what happens with ML being sold separately.
The look from the prototype IMHO is good and worth checking out if you collect SW, I just wasn’t able to catch up with SW so I didn’t try.
mrnighttrain is offline   Reply With Quote