Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

That's pretty cool Darrin...envious.
warhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 10:59 AM   #52
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wombat View Post
That's awesome. I will hopefully get up to the museum in PA in the next month or so.
You will love it. I had always kicked myself for not somehow going while senior was alive and then when I did go and only got to see 1/4 of them because of the inheritance dispersion I promised myself if I ever get a chance to see any others in person if at all possible I was going to do it. For me of the ones Jr has the one that is most impressive in person is Cat Woman. Congrats on the mini-DD too. I forgot to mention that earlier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhead View Post
That's pretty cool Darrin...envious.

If you ever get a chance to see them Warhead you should take it unless it causes a huge hardship. I picked up Skinny White on the way down (he used to be known here as 'Nuff but he doesn't come here anymore or he may be banned I don't know?) and he really liked them as well.
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 12:32 PM   #53
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

What a great thread!

Have plenty of Frazetta books and love my Bowen Designs Death Dealer FS statue. One sculptor who just nails Frazetta in 3D is Tony Cipriano. My God, his work is just stunning.

Last edited by wktf; 07-16-2016 at 08:34 PM.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 08:42 PM   #54
warhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNovak View Post
You will love it. I had always kicked myself for not somehow going while senior was alive and then when I did go and only got to see 1/4 of them because of the inheritance dispersion I promised myself if I ever get a chance to see any others in person if at all possible I was going to do it. For me of the ones Jr has the one that is most impressive in person is Cat Woman. Congrats on the mini-DD too. I forgot to mention that earlier.

If you ever get a chance to see them Warhead you should take it unless it causes a huge hardship. I picked up Skinny White on the way down (he used to be known here as 'Nuff but he doesn't come here anymore or he may be banned I don't know?) and he really liked them as well.
Tell nuff I said Howzit...one day I will make it to some Frazetta exhibits.
Old 03-21-2016, 09:55 AM   #55
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhead View Post
Tell nuff I said Howzit...one day I will make it to some Frazetta exhibits.
Will do. I forgot to mention in addition to getting to see the Frazetta paintings I was also able to see Nuff's Paul Moore painted statues. I had never seen a Paul Moore paint job in person and 'Nuff has a Moore painted Barbarian and, as far as I know, the only Moore painted Snow Giants in captivity.

I am a terrible photographer and lighting is bad where he displays them at his house but here they are

Old 03-21-2016, 11:31 AM   #56
warhead

Yeah! I remember Paul Moore's WIP everybody was following with anticipation, freakin killer paintups.
Old 03-21-2016, 04:19 PM   #57
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wombat View Post
Does anyone own any original Frazetta art or anything signed? Recently I've been on the hunt for a signed comic. Not many around and certainly not cheap.
I don't own any Frazetta original art. As you say pretty expensive, sketches and paintings do go up for auction from time to time. I do have 3 signatures, all associated with the Dark Kingdom Statue. We pre-ordered it and then it was delayed forever and people (not me, but you know, other people) were complaining about it so while we were waiting they sent out the letter below and a print of a Frank Frazetta Sketch that was autographed by Frank Sr and then gold highlighted and signed by Frank Jr too for some reason along with a signature plate that was to be mounted to the statue. Well then people complained because when we pre-ordered for the prepostorous price for the time of $479 it was to include Frank Sr sig "on the statue" and not just some glue on plate. So when they did finally come in Frank Sr signed them on the bottom as well. So I have the bottom of the Statue, the plate on the front of the statue, and this print all signed. Pretty cool and I'm glad I have them.

At the time I ordered the statue Frank Sr would sign anything you ordered from his website (books mainly) for an additional fee of $250 so I factored that in to the cost of the statue and ordered it. Thinking once you take off the $250 it was priced at about the same as everything else at that time.
Old 03-21-2016, 04:25 PM   #58
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

I do own two Ken Kelly original pencil drawings.
Old 03-21-2016, 09:45 PM   #59
Wombat
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Someone just posted a ton of Frazetta signed comics on ebay. Prices are way overpriced. The magazine should probably be around 2-3K. I would shocked if any sell at these prices.

http://stores.ebay.com/yellowlabelby...&_nkw=frazetta
Wombat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 09:50 AM   #60
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Holy crap those are really high

I have full runs of both Creepy and Eerie but of course mine are all "reading copies" so not worth much. Man I would be surprised if he got that much for any of them, even with the Frazetta signatures.