Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 11-09-2018, 11:26 AM   #271
Ninner
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oddlysober View Post
A guy named Gavin used to have a page called myjurassicpark I think it was, and he had the Stego moulds. So i asked him to cast a new one for me as a commission job. He did and I painted it. And I later ended up selling it to CC.
Here it is featured in a video by Jurassic Collectables...
https://youtu.be/0ci4hOQAjpg
Interesting....

According to Paul, he's the one who painted the stego. Here's his quote from the stego thread:

" I'll have Heather pose with the Stego when I'm back in TX next week.

Thanks for the compliments, I painted the Stego and I sculpted the oval base and base top. I wanted something clean and not overpowering. I went with a dry riverbed look and it has his footprints in the sand. Stego will be shipped separate from the base so you can display him on his own if you want. I really want a more museum quality look for our bases in the future. Conan was the first piece I strayed from our normal designed bases and people like it.

Again I'm trying to pay homage to Stan Winston Studios and do it with class, this is art guys...

I did paint her to match the Lost World Stego, the actual Winston maquettes were quite different.

Anyway, glad you guys like it and the more we produce the better our prices will get...."

So, anymore to the story that you would like to elaborate on...[/QUOTE]

When CC released the promo pics for their Stego, I couldn't help noticing that the only obvious difference with theirs and the one I had painted and sent to them were the darker coloured plates. I had painted mine specifically in a way that attempted to incorporate all 3 versions of the LW Stego - the maquette, the animatronic and the CGI render. I messaged CC and asked if they had used my paint job since it looked so similar and Paul said 'we loved your paint job so much, we used it as reference'. Which is fine by me, but a mention wouldn't have gone a miss!
Ninner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 01:31 PM   #272
Leekson
A day without sunshine is like... night.

@Ninner,
As much as I agree with you on most of the topics, my honest opinion on this is that you should've arrange credits with CC for your paint scheme before you've sold your piece to them. But on the other hand you couldn't knew that they will use your paint scheme at the end... I guess this thing regarding intellectual property is little gray area in the copyright system, but a mention would be nice for sure
Some dirty laundry has popped out, but let's get back to the original thread and Rotunda Rex
Crediting someone or not for providing them material which helps them run their business is a personal thing of CC and their business strategy. But spreading false information like the Sick Trike is from ILM while in fact it's Julien's model and Rotunda Rex is scan of 1/5 maquette just to sell the product is something else and should activate the alarm in the fans heads
Leekson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 07:49 PM   #273
SkiaEsh
Fantastic Four

@Ninner Personally, I think an honest company should have mentioned you, but CC is borderline- they make decisions that are questionable like in your case, in advertising their products, and for many of their pieces, which are nicely sculpted but have questionable QC and sometimes very so-so paint jobs in my opinion for the price they are charging.

Personally, I am hoping they will have a turning point and start producing pieces closer to the prototype and being more upfront about issues and origins of pieces so we can avoid these problems in the future. I would like the Rotunda Rex, but until CC shows they can consistently deliver high-quality paint jobs for the price, and they are willing to be honest both about the origins of the sculpt/paint jobs and QC issues, I don't want to risk it. After all, why would I pay $1,400+ for a piece that may look worse than some pieces that are much cheaper and are from companies I know I can trust?
SkiaEsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 10:08 PM   #274
Chronicle CS
Chronicle Collectibles
Producer

Hi folks! Paul addressed a lot of your concerns about Rotunda Rex on FB Live tonight. Since I think several of you don’t do FB, I’ll get it up on YouTube in a few days once my travels are over.

- Robert
Chronicle CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 11:20 AM   #275
clutch
Sailor Moon

It looked a lot better to me in that live session. I also like the fact that they are going to train the factory. Hopefully that means no more freckles.
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 03:45 PM   #276
Finder40
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

After last nights live I've had to order it! looks the Shiznit!
Finder40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 03:58 AM   #277
wpmedia
Fantastic Four

Will the final be stone/resin or will it be as light as the prototype? Asking because that'll really help with the shipping costs if it is!
wpmedia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 06:51 AM   #278
Finder40
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpmedia View Post
Will the final be stone/resin or will it be as light as the prototype? Asking because that'll really help with the shipping costs if it is!
It says polyresin on the website so I think its going to be a heavy lump!
Finder40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 10:36 PM   #279
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpmedia View Post
That shouldn't affect the shipping costs. Stuff this big goes dimensional weight, not actual.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 04:41 PM   #280
Chronicle CS
Chronicle Collectibles
Producer

Yes it will be heavy, but that means quality, right?

Paul
Chronicle CS is offline   Reply With Quote