Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 11-25-2017, 02:29 PM   #421
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
The problem with all of these CW superhero shows is the title character is relegated to a guest star in their own series. If its not Iris taking center stage it’d be some other supporting player. The whole “Team Flash” approach has ruined the series for me.

Yep to many players has diluted the main star which is The Flash. DC want's to try and make all their D-List characters popular through these shows but for the most part it just ruins the shows that starts out strong with only the main character and then nose dives as they keep adding more people to the show.

As for the Iris West writing that article in the future, it's easy enough for them to breakup and get back together later (story wise), especially since that article was written in 2024, I doubt the show will last another 7 years anyways. Besides all that, the show has shown that the future can change. So they really should just dump the character and actress.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2017, 03:45 PM   #422
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by protector2814 View Post
In a weird way ... no they can't. As you may recall, the article that was found in the Reverse Flash's secret hide-out/compartment hidden within Star Labs back in season 1, was written by Iris West-Allen, implying that the two would eventually marry (it even had a date on it, which I can't remember).

This is another reason the show's writers should have just kept Iris a reporter. If the actress demanded more to do, why not just write her a larger investigative reporter's role. They could have done a lot with just that.
Also, Barry & Iris are/were one of comic's star-couples. To kill or write Iris out of the series, would raise some eyebrows & irk some comic fans, myself included.
You are absolutely right I forgot all about that.

Quote:
The problem with all of these CW superhero shows is the title character is relegated to a guest star in their own series. If its not Iris taking center stage it’d be some other supporting player. The whole “Team Flash” approach has ruined the series for me.
Agreed. We have team arrow, team flash, and legends of tomorrow team which came out of team arrow, I don't know if supergirl has a team as I don't watch it. But I just liked when Green Arrow was going around almost solo breaking necks. I like Flash's team but only the original cisco and killer frost. Cisco cracks me up, and killer frost is a great character too.
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 07:39 AM   #423
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Second half of the cross over was pretty awesome.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 08:49 AM   #424
protector2814
Phoenix

So awesome that I want the CW to release the entire 4-parter as a separate blue ray. This crossover felt nothing like the schlock we've been getting from the Arrowverse for the past 1 1/2+ years. It felt fresh, fun, comic-bound & chance taking. I didn't compare writers but really want to know if the usual Arrowverse writers wrote this. The guest appearances alone made Crises on Earth X worth watching. & how about "General ... Care to step outside?" as a nod. What a comic on tv!

protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 09:03 AM   #425
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by protector2814 View Post
So awesome that I want the CW to release the entire 4-parter as a separate blue ray. This crossover felt nothing like the schlock we've been getting from the Arrowverse for the past 1 1/2+ years. It felt fresh, fun, comic-bound & chance taking. I didn't compare writers but really want to know if the usual Arrowverse writers wrote this. The guest appearances alone made Crises on Earth X worth watching. & how about "General ... Care to step outside?" as a nod. What a comic on tv!

As soon as she said it I was a light with nerd glee.

And...

Spoiler
The Scene where all, basically the minor league Justice Leaguers are using their powers on Metallo, just wow, that's got to be one of the more expensive scenes in CW tv's history. Not to mention Supergirl and Overgirl battling it out in the sky with heat vision. I mean the plot of the show wasn't extensive or anything but it was just fun to see that come to life on TV
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 09:31 AM   #426
protector2814
Phoenix

You're right ... the plot was a bit lacking but it held together & had more meat than almost every Flash episode so far this season. But ... as you say, the super-hero fight stuff was really, really good.
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 02:19 AM   #427
built2shred
Phoenix

Just watched the 4th part, given the limited TV budget, I thought the Crossover was pretty good.. sure it had flaws and a bit cheesy here and there... but was fun to watch... I was bummed to see
Spoiler
Arrow and The Flash got married, which probably means the shows are turning into chick shows having to do with relationships, steel magnolias anyone? blah... Unless they get a huge surge in female viewers which I think they're hoping for, I'm going to predict a ratings dive when all the stories are based around their marriages... I also hate that DC is trying to use these TV shows as platforms to try and make their less popular characters more popular, which means less story for the main characters
Old 12-01-2017, 03:16 AM   #428
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Wow! After reading that I’m now really glad I bailed on both of these series. I don’t know the context of how that all went down but it sounds like a series killing move.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 01:06 PM   #429
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Wow! After reading that I’m now really glad I bailed on both of these series. I don’t know the context of how that all went down but it sounds like a series killing move.
Yeah both shows have gotten kind of lame, the crossover probably helped with the ratings but who wants to watch a show where they go to couples counseling, watching the girls nag the guys for not listening to them and the weakest girls in both shows taking out trained mercenaries and saying "Girl Power". It's just gotten really cheesy this year.

It's reminding me of Smallville when it took it's nose dive after season 4. When the original creators/writers left after fighting with DC...
Old 12-03-2017, 12:00 AM   #430
Gruson
Suicide Squad

The crossover was so kickass!!! Loved it even more than last year. Wow, so many classic throwback lines too.

Spoiler-

I loved the "General, would you care to step outside" line. Perfect!

Also, Blake Neely gets how to score a show. Loved hearing all the main themes when it would show the hero. Loved it. The only downside is i thought they forced too many homosexual moments, not needed and did nothing to the story. Seems to happen in every show these days.

The sequence where they geared up in the second ep was also great.
I loved the crossover even more than the Justice Lesgue movie.
Gruson is offline   Reply With Quote