Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 11-16-2016, 01:09 AM   #411
BDoggWhite
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkhumor View Post
Skeletor/Panthor would have sold well. Probably better than He-Man/BC. I have no doubt about that.
There's been an overwhelmingly positive response to the idea. Villains- especially bad ass, detailed looking ones, are always hot sellers. Just like T&A with the female statues. I dunno. I think this one should still be fought over, especially since PCS still has the license until the end of the year.
Amen! I fear that when I look at my He-man/Battlecat combo, I'll just think of what could have been. Hopefully someone picks this up since the sculptor had seemingly started Skeletor/Panthor. I do feel some remorse since I paid in full under the premise that the villain combo would follow. This would sell, even at an increased price...growing up in the 80's, there was Vader and Skeletor...all other bad guys paled in comparison.
BDoggWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 03:33 AM   #412
Gecktechs
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

I asked Jerry himself at NYCC if there was any hope but he completely shut me down.. What a damn shame.. Although I really like the 80's show, I'm only 21 and my pops used to buy me a ---- ton of MOTU toys when I was younger. Not the classics, but the toys from the 2002 cartoon. I fkn loved them! The mixed media He-Man and Battlecat remind me so much of that cartoon and the toys I had.. Was really hoping to get the Skeletor and Panthor to match.. =/ The filmation line was awesome, but I grew up with that 2002/modern look and this mixed media line would have been perfect!! .. Still hoping for a miracle tho.. Glad there are still people on this thread keeping it alive.
Gecktechs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 03:41 AM   #413
addic
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDoggWhite View Post
growing up in the 80's, there was Vader and Skeletor...all other bad guys paled in comparison.
addic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 07:31 PM   #414
Thegameman2011
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I think Jerry is wrong on this one. This would sell and it would do well.
Thegameman2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 07:38 PM   #415
mkkollector81
Justice League

I would '---- the bed' if he made a Skeletor/Panthor combo!

He said in a post that he may continue the motu line but it won't be 1/4 scale
mkkollector81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 10:06 PM   #416
BDoggWhite
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkkollector81 View Post
I would '---- the bed' if he made a Skeletor/Panthor combo!

He said in a post that he may continue the motu line but it won't be 1/4 scale
He bantered around 1/3 scale talk a few months ago. I think that's ludicrous despite what the licensing/distribution/collectibles folks he does business with tell him. If the premise for no Skeletor and Panthor is low sales of He-man and Battlecat, a 1/3 scale will miraculously sell better? Right...

The sad truth is that the He-man combo is barely coming out even financially as he stated here. We all make mistakes and misjudge things....the relatively low retail price of the combo was the collector's gain initially. Until the project didn't come out ahead, then Jerry's loss became ours with no villain combo to match, failing to produce a 1980's nostalgic statue wet dream.

Though it's the 11th hour, I'm holding out hope for the dream since the project had already begun on some level.
Old 12-31-2016, 09:00 PM   #417
BDoggWhite
Birdman

In honor of the license expiring in a few hours and this combo not seeing the light of day:
Old 01-01-2017, 03:45 AM   #418
Thegameman2011
A day without sunshine is like... night.

What a disappointment
Thegameman2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 05:05 AM   #419
bObA_fEtt_Ox
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gecktechs View Post
I asked Jerry himself at NYCC if there was any hope but he completely shut me down.. What a damn shame.. Although I really like the 80's show, I'm only 21 and my pops used to buy me a ---- ton of MOTU toys when I was younger. Not the classics, but the toys from the 2002 cartoon. I fkn loved them! The mixed media He-Man and Battlecat remind me so much of that cartoon and the toys I had.. Was really hoping to get the Skeletor and Panthor to match.. =/ The filmation line was awesome, but I grew up with that 2002/modern look and this mixed media line would have been perfect!! .. Still hoping for a miracle tho.. Glad there are still people on this thread keeping it alive.
what you are saying makes me sad...
bObA_fEtt_Ox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 01:57 PM   #420
Blacksunn
What's another word for Thesaurus?

And today it appears we lay MOTU to rest. Right next to Thundercats...

Hopefully they rise from the dead someday..
Blacksunn is offline   Reply With Quote