Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 12-10-2017, 08:03 PM   #1161
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
He still looks like he is lunging, I get this. It doesn’t make the piece unattractive or poor by any means. Its a great looking piece.

It’s just poor form to NOT show how the statue will actually sit on owners shelves. This isn’t like taking pics from favorable angles with the statue positioned as it will sit. It’s favorable pic angles AND in a position it can’t be displayed by collectors.
While I get everything you're saying and yes it was poor for their photography department to do this, that last statement isn't exactly true. How many people use things to raise statues? Quite a few and this angle, if it is favorable to someone, is by no means impossible to achieve, as a matter of fact it's pretty simple.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 08:12 PM   #1162
lewisnfro86
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Doesn't bother me. They already stated the base needs to be re-engineered, and it'll be done in production, so I'm not concerned. If for whatever reason it ends up being a poor job, I'll just return it with the first 30 days for a full refund. No risk on my end.
lewisnfro86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 09:59 PM   #1163
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
While I completely agree it's total BS to show manipulated photos like this, I have to say, if the bottom image is what he really looks like angle-wise, I think that looks MUCH better than how he is portrayed on the top photo.
Yeah, I'm truly hoping we get the leaning forward pose when it's all said and done. He looks vicious and ready to rumble.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 10:49 PM   #1164
gearhead
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
I have zero issues with your original post. I simply stated I like the forward lean and hope it stays. Don't read any further into my post than that. Please remember, I was commenting on Divo's post. This PF was on display at NYCC. If that's what we get out of the production pieces, I personally have zero complaints. As long as I don't have to prop the base in any direction and it looks like the proto did at NYCC, I'm good. If the production pieces have the crazy sideways lean that it did during the Sideshow Live showing, then I have a problem.
You may need to rethink that. I went back and watched this video again after reading the last few pages about the propped up base.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LqR-X_zgNw&t=185s

In the 35 to 40 second range you can clearly see that it in fact IS propped up in that display. I didn't notice before either.

I have this on pre-order and I can tell you, I'm pissed! Maybe it won't matter in hand and I'd love it either way, but based on the comparison photos I like it better propped up. Obviously Sideshow does too. This is extremely deceptive and goes well beyond touching up studio photos. Unacceptable!

Some of you are saying that it'll get fixed by adding rocks underneath. Also unacceptable. If that's the case it needed to be done before going up for preorder so we can all see it first.

Those of you saying you like the lower stance, are you still gonna like it when you have him facing off against Magneto's knees? Everyone's taller than Logan, makes sense that he's looking up a little.
gearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 10:52 PM   #1165
SONICobra
Batman

My understanding is the base that was shown on sideshow live IS the production base and what we will be receiving

It was leaning because wolverine was the prototype statue and not keyed correctly to the newly updated base

The prototype base was propped up to show the new angle the updated base will have

At least that is how i read the responses from SS
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 11:02 PM   #1166
Mr. Nice Guy
New Republic

The lunge forward does look nice however if this remains the case he can only really be displayed from somewhere higher up. Lower level shelving won't display the details of the piece and you'll be looking at his back all the time.

I personally prefer the climbing stance with him looking upward. The details would be much better presented this way.
Mr. Nice Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 11:05 PM   #1167
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
My understanding is the base that was shown on sideshow live IS the production base and what we will be receiving

It was leaning because wolverine was the prototype statue and not keyed correctly to the newly updated base

The prototype base was propped up to show the new angle the updated base will have

So that means the rocks will be there?

If that is true, again, why didn’t SS tell people before taking NRDs?
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 11:18 PM   #1168
Ryanbusts
Luke Cage

They can just do what they did with the Thor PF and give us a rock after production of issues arise. Why take the development of these statues so seriously?-it's not like these are high end collectibles we spends hundreds of dollars on... ...
Ryanbusts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 11:22 PM   #1169
gearhead
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post

The video I linked is from NYCC, not Sideshow live. Looks like the same piece from the pre order page, with a wedge under it. Just like the photos.

The Sideshow response only stated that the piece in their live feed was a very early proto and shouldn't have been shown. Didn't say anything about an updated base or the final piece having more rocks. In fact, since it was an early proto, it's probably safe to assume they removed the rocks to arrive at what is currently being shown. Either way, it should have been completely finished before going up for order.
Old 12-10-2017, 11:29 PM   #1170
gearhead
The Herculoids

My apologies SONICobra. I just re-read the statement. I guess they meant the base was an early production sample combined with a prototype figure. I now think maybe you're right that the production pieces will have more rocks to raise the front of the base. But they still should have had a final piece on the order page.