Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 02-24-2015, 05:40 PM   #381
Chronicle CS
Chronicle Collectibles
Producer

There is a place right up under Anubis chin where the batteries were hidden on the screen used original. We were going to hide them in the same place.

Paul
Chronicle CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 05:45 PM   #382
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

are the bodies of the Horus and Anubis different or is it just the head that differs?
El Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 05:46 PM   #383
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

That sounds like a great place for the battery compartment, Paul. Hidden yet still easy to access.
Viper245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 05:58 PM   #384
Chronicle CS
Chronicle Collectibles
Producer

The Helmet itself is the same, on the lower panel an image of Horus is sculpted on one side and Anubis is sculpted on the other. The paint job is also very different, Anubis is very coppery and Horus is more Bronze and blues.

Paul
Old 02-24-2015, 06:34 PM   #385
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronicle CS View Post
The eyes will be battery powered and operated with a hidden switch inside the helmet.

If there is ever a failure, I'll make sure we have directions and a system in place for fixing it....

Of all the cool things you post, this is way up there and a pretty big deal imo. I like light features, when implemented properly they can really add life to a piece. But there is always a niggling worry in the back of your mind that they will fail... as sever of mine have already.

The fact you are taking this into account and trying to consider ways to service/repair such functions really is another plus point as far as your products are concerned. The more piece you can engineer this kind of ability into, the better.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 07:17 PM   #386
Bobfrog
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Bob,

It's all paint, I matched the screen used helmet 1-1, mark for mark. It helps when you have the screen used original sitting in the studio.

I believe that Toynami will have no problem replicating the paint.

The eyes will be battery powered and operated with a hidden switch inside the helmet.

If there is ever a failure, I'll make sure we have directions and a system in place for fixing it....

Paul
Is that your work on the paint job then Paul? Whoever's it is, it's a work of art, really is. You've got me watching youtube vids now on how to get a patina effect like that! If you end up doing it again on another piece e.g. horus (although I note you said he's more bronzey) could you possibly take a vid (assuming it's not a trade secret your using ). Would love to see vids of you guys working in general tbh.
Bobfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 07:23 PM   #387
Chronicle CS
Chronicle Collectibles
Producer

We are going to be shooting some video tomorrow, so I'll do some behind the scenes stuff for sure, get me a wish list of what you'd like to see, maybe start a new thread.

As for repairs we had one collector in AU receive his cain and it arrived with a small break on one of the arms. He is sending it to us for repairs and we are sending it back.

If we can repair your items I'll try my best to do so. If you are will ing to ship us the part, we are willing to fix it for free and ship it back...

Just ask us before you call your local distributor. Our stuff is sooooo limited it may be out of stock...

Paul
Old 02-24-2015, 07:41 PM   #388
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
We are going to be shooting some video tomorrow, so I'll do some behind the scenes stuff for sure, get me a wish list of what you'd like to see, maybe start a new thread.

As for repairs we had one collector in AU receive his cain and it arrived with a small break on one of the arms. He is sending it to us for repairs and we are sending it back.

If we can repair your items I'll try my best to do so. If you are will ing to ship us the part, we are willing to fix it for free and ship it back...

Just ask us before you call your local distributor. Our stuff is sooooo limited it may be out of stock...

Paul
That's a great idea on the videos. I would be interested in seeing the behind the scenes shots of how these fantastic creations are produced as well.

I have to commend your commitment toward taking care of your customers if they receive a less than pristine piece, Paul. That's awesome to read and it really instills a lot of confidence in placing an order with Chronicle knowing that we will be taken care of if a problem arises. Bravo!
Old 02-24-2015, 07:55 PM   #389
CallMe_Snake
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:

Paul

CallMe_Snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 04:53 PM   #390
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

Paul, do you happen to know how many are left on Anubis? Your most recent comment on it was a few dozen but that was a week or so ago. I plan to secure my order in early March but want to make sure I don't miss it. Thanks