Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 03-02-2022, 07:59 AM   #131
MeltedSnowFlake
Frackin!

Saw that Sideshow changed the estimated shipping date on this to April - August 2022. Cancelled my order and got my deposit refunded, luckily Anton Wu just got one in stock. Snagged it. Should be here within a week or so.
MeltedSnowFlake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2022, 08:04 AM   #132
MrBirkin62
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeltedSnowFlake View Post
Saw that Sideshow changed the estimated shipping date on this to April - August 2022. Cancelled my order and got my deposit refunded, luckily Anton Wu just got one in stock. Snagged it. Should be here within a week or so.
I can imagine is was alot more expensive to do DHL on a massive piece like.him. Sugo toys told me $1000 plus for shipping. Not sure it's worth it to get a few months early. Can save like $700 waiting.
MrBirkin62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2022, 08:26 AM   #133
MeltedSnowFlake
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBirkin62 View Post
I can imagine is was alot more expensive to do DHL on a massive piece like.him. Sugo toys told me $1000 plus for shipping. Not sure it's worth it to get a few months early. Can save like $700 waiting.
Is it only a few months though? Time will tell. Between the ongoing issues with supply chains and now the crisis in Europe who knows how long that delay is going to be. I wasn't willing to take that chance. SideShow was already charging me $400 to ship it anyway, I'm honestly not spending that much more.
Old 03-09-2022, 09:31 PM   #134
MeltedSnowFlake
Frackin!

Very happy with him! Will have to see about trimming that mullet though.

Old 03-09-2022, 09:57 PM   #135
BigMo
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

He looks amazing, congrats. Hope mine arrives this month. Have you got Batman and WW too?
BigMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2022, 01:21 AM   #136
MeltedSnowFlake
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMo View Post
He looks amazing, congrats. Hope mine arrives this month. Have you got Batman and WW too?
Unfortunately I don't have the funds for all three, so Superman will have to do for now.

I was sort of relieved to see that the eyes aren't too wonky when looking at him head on.
Old 03-31-2022, 05:43 AM   #137
BigMo
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

This is next level, and it could be my best piece in my collection. I'm so impressed with the Portrait, this is my first full silicone piece, my other pieces are half covered up so I was a little nervous, but nothing compares to this. I'm actually very impressed with the hands, it actually looks like there are veins under the skin, so freaky. Can't wait for Catwoman.
https://youtu.be/cxeG22EMkuM
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	67038729415__5170356D-C535-4D8F-9F66-0E05D1D051EC.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	866.8 KB
ID:	148235  
BigMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2023, 11:36 PM   #138
Masa_yodamorph
The Avengers

Oh no. Oh no. Ohnonononono.
Masa_yodamorph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2023, 12:58 AM   #139
pdenham
Teen Titans

Holy hell.

That's such a wildly egregious lapse of basic QC, that is comes across as malicious disregard as much as anything else.

Fortunately the fix for this might not be as bad as it seems.
You might be able to find some colored contact(s) that you can apply. Though that doesn't let Infinity or the production house off the hook. They need to make this right monetarily, because even if you can put a patch on this yourself, it's going to cost you money and time for a problem that is all on them.

I only suggest the contacts because shipping is ridiculous right now. If they aren't prepared to kick that money back to you directly- ship it back to them at their expense, and let them eat that.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2023, 02:14 AM   #140
Masa_yodamorph
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdenham View Post
Fortunately the fix for this might not be as bad as it seems.
You might be able to find some colored contact(s) that you can apply. Though that doesn't let Infinity or the production house off the hook.
This never crossed my mind and is a great option that would work. Although, I assume this person will get a replacement no questions asked for that.

You’re installing the eye and you can’t see it’s a totally different color? Especially when you’re lining them up? Yeah, this is so RIDICULOUS. The factory worker was definitely trolling on this one lol.

I’ve been on the fence to PO this, but not anymore now lol. This batch might be very problematic. There might be a surprise one with blonde hair lol.
Masa_yodamorph is offline   Reply With Quote