Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 03-08-2021, 10:59 AM   #231
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grphyx1 View Post
You will love her. This is one baaaad kitty
is that your kitchen grphyx? I like your cabinets and backsplash.

I do not buy villains but this one is just so tempting.......
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 11:05 AM   #232
desertdragon
Sinister Six

Quote:
You will love her. This is one baaaad kitty
Holy crap she is absolutely stunning!!
desertdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 11:11 AM   #233
grphyx1
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruzzell View Post
She looks amazing!! So glad she is finally showing up and excited to get mine ❤️
Me too. She is flawless. The factory nailed it

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmk123 View Post

Yes it is. It's where I get the best natural light on sunny days. Thank you. I figured I have wonder woman so I gotta have her nemesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdragon View Post
Holy crap she is absolutely stunning!!
Tha's what I thought when I opened her up. The detail paint apps bring her to life
grphyx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 11:11 AM   #234
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Nice, congrats! Watched a video review of her yesterday. I'm just waiting on Spec to get my EX in.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 11:42 AM   #235
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:

Now that you point out the cabinets, I really like the position of the hardware. You don't often see the long handles put horizontal on cabinets that swing open instead of pull open (i.e., the cabinets above the microwave). I'm a big fan of this change!

My cabinets have small, single pulls. I've toyed with the idea of putting long handles, but the thought of drilling all of those hole seems tedious. And FML if I don't get them aligned properly/uniform.

Oh...yea....Cheetah. She's pretty cool looking too
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 12:06 PM   #236
grphyx1
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Now that you point out the cabinets, I really like the position of the hardware. You don't often see the long handles put horizontal on cabinets that swing open instead of pull open (i.e., the cabinets above the microwave). I'm a big fan of this change!

My cabinets have small, single pulls. I've toyed with the idea of putting long handles, but the thought of drilling all of those hole seems tedious. And FML if I don't get them aligned properly/uniform.

Oh...yea....Cheetah. She's pretty cool looking too
Linds, you have no idea how much of a hassle it was to get the builder to listen to me on those. We picked out everything in so far as paint, tile, hardwood floor, cabinet color, handles, light fixtures, carpeting, etc... He absolutely wanted to do it vertical, I said it hurts my line of sight. After it was done he said the reason was he didn't feel like doing the work to make sure they lined up horizontally. Of course I knew that. HA.

Now back to our regularly scheduled program
Old 03-08-2021, 12:14 PM   #237
vudoo1979
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Cheetah is FIERCE!! can't wait for her to arrive!!
vudoo1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 12:21 PM   #238
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

I can understand the extra work and not wanting to do it but I think the horizontal cabinet pull look fantastic. I restrained an old dress and used pulls like that on them and it looks great.

Now my question about Cheetah is the tail attached or is it separate?

I also love the fact that she has high heels, like all super-heroines and villianesses had back in the 70's and early 80's.
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 12:33 PM   #239
Demona
Martian Manhunter

What's the cute kitty head look like in-hand? I've only seen the long hair.

Quote:
Linds, you have no idea how much of a hassle it was to get the builder to listen to me on those. We picked out everything in so far as paint, tile, hardwood floor, cabinet color, handles, light fixtures, carpeting, etc... He absolutely wanted to do it vertical, I said it hurts my line of sight. After it was done he said the reason was he didn't feel like doing the work to make sure they lined up horizontally. Of course I knew that. HA.

Now back to our regularly scheduled program
I HATE when a contractors or designers try to sway me from something just because it's their preference or "most people do it this way". Yea, well, guess what - you get paid the same regardless, so do it how I'd like it to look. I have to live with it. If I hate it, I will pay you again because I changed my mind. Unless I'm doing something that structurally damages or experience has shown you it doesn't work out great long term - I don't wanna hear it. Make it work.

When I'm getting quotes for things, I really pay attention to how the person interacts with me. My husband doesn't even bother with being in the room half the time. If they immediately shoot my ideas down or say "well it will cost more to do X" - damn near dead to me. I never tell the budget in advance, so there is no need to count my coins for a project. Give me your scope of work, quality of work, and let me know the cost.

For anybody doing home renos, I recommend do NOT state your budget up front and get at least three quotes. Be frank that with the contractors you are getting other quotes too. Even for something like painting. I got three quotes. The jackass who said "well it will cost more for X" quoted me $2500 more than the other two contractors who were within $150 of each other. Mr. Expensive was dismissive, an ass, and over priced because he thought I was an idiot. Meanwhile the painters I hired were lovely, did a great job, and one even said "I just paint the walls, I'm not the person who lives it with and you have to like it." Appreciated him and totally agreed.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 12:47 PM   #240
grphyx1
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by vudoo1979 View Post
Cheetah is FIERCE!! can't wait for her to arrive!!
You are gonna love love LOVE Her!!!

Quote:
I can understand the extra work and not wanting to do it but I think the horizontal cabinet pull look fantastic. I restrained an old dress and used pulls like that on them and it looks great.

Now my question about Cheetah is the tail attached or is it separate?

I also love the fact that she has high heels, like all super-heroines and villianesses had back in the 70's and early 80's.
The tail is separate and attaches quite tight. I felt naughty inserting it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
What's the cute kitty head look like in-hand? I've only seen the long hair.

I HATE when a contractors or designers try to sway me from something just because it's their preference or "most people do it this way"....

...I never tell the budget in advance, so there is no need to count my coins for a project. Give me your scope of work, quality of work, and let me know the cost.

For anybody doing home renos, I recommend do NOT state your budget up front and get at least three quotes....

It's painted just as flawlessly as the other and fits nice and snug. I just prefer the drama of the blowing haid and just realized I didn't take pics the cowl on

I didn't want contractor grade accessories so we bought all the ones ourselves. And yes you are right, they should give you what they propose and allow you to make your decision. Because we all know you can bend a budget if you see something that you really love.