Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 11-08-2005, 11:40 PM   #41
Iacon13
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Honestly you guys know I am a big TF fan but I really don't like these pieces. The Soundwave and Shockwave are cool but the Seeker jets don't look so good. Starscream has a terrible face sculpt. Its not that the whole run is bad but many of them just did not turn out. Also I did buy some like Starscream and Soundwave along with the convention Optimus so my thoughts are not just based on pics. I am not sure what happened to Wheeljack but I was not really impressed and he's my favorite Autobot.Having said that I am hopeful that Devastator will look good. I think the run may have been better if they continued with the full size sculpts they did of Megs and Prime. Then Devastator could have been 40" tall!
Iacon13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 07:52 PM   #42
Mike
Producer
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatekeeper2Hell
Here's what I got in the mail today.
Palisades AP Wheeljack

I actually (almost ) feel sorry for the seller. I got the statue for only $20.51 and paid $8.70 for shipping & insurance. The box says he paid $9.70 to send it to me. He really should have included AP in the title.

How much of a loss is that?
Don't feel bad for me I got it for free.

I relized I forgot to put AP in the title but was to lazy to change it.

I'm just trying to make space and I have a prototype Wheeljack around here somewhere.
Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 03:03 PM   #43
money3
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

anyone know where I can get a lazerbeek and soundwave, other than ebay?

thanks
money3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 03:37 PM   #44
miyazakifan
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iacon13
Honestly you guys know I am a big TF fan but I really don't like these pieces. The Soundwave and Shockwave are cool but the Seeker jets don't look so good. Starscream has a terrible face sculpt. Its not that the whole run is bad but many of them just did not turn out. Also I did buy some like Starscream and Soundwave along with the convention Optimus so my thoughts are not just based on pics. I am not sure what happened to Wheeljack but I was not really impressed and he's my favorite Autobot.Having said that I am hopeful that Devastator will look good. I think the run may have been better if they continued with the full size sculpts they did of Megs and Prime. Then Devastator could have been 40" tall!
I almost completely agree with you, but I never bought either big Megs or Prime so I don't know if those are cooler or not. I'm a huge TFan also, and I can't help but feel disappointed too. They were definitely overpriced for their size, except that being relatively small you can display them very easily.

I will say this: they make an awesome TF display (as long as you don't spend too much time scrutinizing them). The G1 toys will always rock, those Japanese PVCs are great for cartoon accuracy, but these were kind of a cool middle ground. But it's kind of too bad. With a little more effort or luck (much improved face sculpts, not having to rely on Dreamwave, etc.) these would have been even better. Devastator does look sweet, so I hope I can find some extra quarters under the couch for that dude.
miyazakifan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 03:43 PM   #45
Nightcrawler777
spooky...

Quote:
Originally Posted by money3
anyone know where I can get a lazerbeek and soundwave, other than ebay?

thanks

Last i saw Action Figure Express Still had Lazer Beak pretty cheap..

Soundwave is another story..
Nightcrawler777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005, 11:32 AM   #46
Primal
Batman

He's coming NC...

http://www.palisadestoys.com/feature...evastator.html
Primal is offline   Reply With Quote