Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Gentle Giant

Old 01-22-2015, 07:43 AM   #11
nameivom
The Herculoids

BBTS Refund

They should be able to offer you a refund. I don't think they exchange statues though. I had an issue with a statue from the Dark Horse Game of Thrones line (bad paint app) and they offered me a refund. Told me all the statues from that line would look similar in regards to bad paint apps.
nameivom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 09:57 AM   #12
dechirico7
The Flash

I am sure BBTS has become sick of Gentle Giant returns. They probably don't want to offer replacements anymore. They must feel that they won't be any better than what you already have. You should still be able to return it and get a refund. One would think that they have that outlined in their faq or policy on the site.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 09:00 AM   #13
FROBAY
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remember Me? View Post
Got mine yesterday and I noticed a small paint chip at the bottom of the jacket. So I sent BBTS an email....and this is their response:

I apologize that the item(s) you received in your order did not meet your expectations and thank you for the information. Unfortunately, these minor imperfections can and do appear on many statues. However, given the location and size, it is unlikely that we will be able to offer you an exchange that would result in a better more complete statue. As Gentle Giant does have a quality control and inspect these statues before they are shipped, it is unlikely that they would offer us a refund on this statue for this minor chip. I do hope that this will not deter you from enjoying your statue as it is. If you have any questions for me or should you need additional assistance, please do let me know as I will be happy to assist you.

So they are telling me to suck it up...wtf? I want either a refund or an exchange. I am not paying 300+ dollars for a defective product.
Thats BS. You need to demand a refund with a prepaid shipping label.

Them telling you what imperfections are acceptable is complete BS. THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A MINOR CHIP when paying these prices!!!!
FROBAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 09:14 PM   #14
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
I am sure BBTS has become sick of Gentle Giant returns. They probably don't want to offer replacements anymore. They must feel that they won't be any better than what you already have. You should still be able to return it and get a refund. One would think that they have that outlined in their faq or policy on the site.
Sounds more like they stole a page from the Sideshow "we can't offer you anything better" playbook. That said this approach to defective and/or damaged merchandise is unacceptable. I'd send it back for a full refund.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 05:42 AM   #15
Darkhumor
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remember Me? View Post
Got mine yesterday and I noticed a small paint chip at the bottom of the jacket. So I sent BBTS an email....and this is their response:

I apologize that the item(s) you received in your order did not meet your expectations and thank you for the information. Unfortunately, these minor imperfections can and do appear on many statues. However, given the location and size, it is unlikely that we will be able to offer you an exchange that would result in a better more complete statue. As Gentle Giant does have a quality control and inspect these statues before they are shipped, it is unlikely that they would offer us a refund on this statue for this minor chip. I do hope that this will not deter you from enjoying your statue as it is. If you have any questions for me or should you need additional assistance, please do let me know as I will be happy to assist you.

So they are telling me to suck it up...wtf? I want either a refund or an exchange. I am not paying 300+ dollars for a defective product.

So return it. This is why I order my statues direct. Cheaper purchase or not. You dont quite get the same customer service from retailers, you would get going directly through the company that made the statues.
Darkhumor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 01:43 PM   #16
Drahmin
Kindly Asked To Leave

I miss Merle. Wish they didn't kill him off the show. Michael Rooker has been acting for a long time and he didn't get the chance to fulfill his potential on the show. He's a long term actor you want to have on just like Norman Reedus (Daryl)

However I suspect scheduling must have gotten in the way since Rooker recently did the movie Guardian of the Galaxy in which he did an outstanding job. Looking forward seeing him in the sequel.
Drahmin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 11:11 PM   #17
dechirico7
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drahmin View Post
I miss Merle. Wish they didn't kill him off the show. Michael Rooker has been acting for a long time and he didn't get the chance to fulfill his potential on the show. He's a long term actor you want to have on just like Norman Reedus (Daryl)

However I suspect scheduling must have gotten in the way since Rooker recently did the movie Guardian of the Galaxy in which he did a outstanding job. Look forward in seeing him in the sequel.
I miss Merle too. But mostly, I miss Hershel. When they killed him off, I wasn't sure if I wanted to keep watching.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 11:22 PM   #18
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Honestly the only character I miss is Shane, and not because I liked him, I just thought he was the most interesting of those that have passed.
Old 01-30-2015, 12:57 AM   #19
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Honestly the only character I miss is Shane, and not because I liked him, I just thought he was the most interesting of those that have passed.
Interesting point. The show has suffered from killing off everyone with strong points of view to occasionally act as a foil to Rick imho. Hershel and Dale are also missed in this regard and I just can't take Abraham seriously with that ridiculous hair.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 02:22 AM   #20
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

I find Abraham to be pretty interesting myself, but yeah, that hair. Dale was a bit too Jiminy Cricket for my taste, loved Herschel though.