Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 12-30-2014, 08:22 AM   #21
SolidLiquidFox
Savage Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mule View Post
Glad I'm not the only one with that in mind.
The Back in Black/Iron Spiderman is one of the rare few justified variants ever done, I wonder why they never did a classic costume variant too since base and pose were awesome.

Wouldn't mind seeing this one have the black variant as an Exclusive.
Scarlet Spidey or a Ben Reilly outfit as variants would give Sideshow some high nerd rep amongst us 90's comic readers.
SolidLiquidFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 08:26 AM   #22
Spidey976
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

I can't help but thinking that this pose and piece was suppose to be the Amazing Spiderman 2 piece, but something happened to scap the on project so we got this instead. Maybe IGO could confirm if this is so. Oh and like others I could see variants of this one.
Spidey976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 08:44 AM   #23
SolidLiquidFox
Savage Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey976 View Post
I can't help but thinking that this pose and piece was suppose to be the Amazing Spiderman 2 piece...
If you mean due to his body proportions...then yeah, I can see this as a modified ASM2 sculpt turned comic version. Cool thing about Spiderman is that body proportions vary so much in the comics depending on the artist. Sometimes he looks compact and muscular while others very tall and slim.

The "something that happen" is most likely the ASM2 movie not being very good. This new piece canibalizes (devours) the sales of the J. Scott Campbell version.
SolidLiquidFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 08:53 AM   #24
Rockstars721
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

I was literally just thinking to myself yesterday how bad I wished Sideshow would do a 1:4 Spidey PF! My prayers payed off, you're welcome guys
Rockstars721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 09:02 AM   #25
Bobfrog
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey976 View Post
I can't help but thinking that this pose and piece was suppose to be the Amazing Spiderman 2 piece, but something happened to scap the on project so we got this instead. Maybe IGO could confirm if this is so. Oh and like others I could see variants of this one.
Absolutely. Looks very much like ASM2 which is great for me as I loved that look (design + physique) for spidey. Will be keeping an eye on this for sure as I do like dynamic statues and spidey is one of if not the most deserving character for this type of sculpt / display.
Bobfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 09:17 AM   #26
Shanesg
Green Lantern Corps

Ya kind if have to get this one if your a collector don't ya? Lol

This looks like it's gonna sick. Also the fact there are no eye decals to mess up is a huge bonus.
Shanesg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 09:20 AM   #27
Outlaw44
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidLiquidFox View Post
Scarlet Spidey or a Ben Reilly outfit as variants would give Sideshow some high nerd rep amongst us 90's comic readers.
Aw man if they did a scarlet spidey variant...just take my money. I think it would look amazing in this pose
Outlaw44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 09:30 AM   #28
nexus
Young Justice
Adamantium Plus Member

Looks great. Wouldn't be surprised to see one or two variants pop up. A Reilly variant would be nice as would a Symbiote (although I already have a BiB).
nexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 09:35 AM   #29
The Mule
Kindly Asked To Leave

Whatever they do, if they go for the variants, just preview them at the same time of the regular costume.
This is a case where multiple costumes as a variant is ok imho, more than any rainbow Hulk or whatelse. Hope they don't go full retard with a variant months after original PO, or even some kind of ultra limited 200ES black costume variant. This is not Storm or Diablo or Master Chief, people would be (rightfully) pissed to miss out on a different costume.

And by the way I say so having ZERO interest in Spider Man. Probably my least favourite character
The Mule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 09:41 AM   #30
Shanesg
Green Lantern Corps

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidLiquidFox View Post
90's scarlet spider was so awesome. I always loved his costume design. Sculpted body with a fabric hoodie would be boss. Unfortunately that's probably never gonna happen though, so I'm not gonna get my hopes up.
Shanesg is offline   Reply With Quote