Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > ARH Studios

Old 10-09-2017, 06:11 PM   #201
Arkalogik
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutch View Post
Sure have. He sounds frustrated as well...
Ok so I just found out the issue with the Eve kit. In the beginning when I first made this mold we were trying our best to make it small enough to fit in our 5 gallon pressure pot. Because of this I made the walls of the mold really really thin. However, by the time we put on the jacket and all was said and done it was still an inch too big to fit into the damn pressure pot!

Once we got the new 15 gallon pot we were able to begin casting. We cast a run of Eve statues without any issues but now I guess the guys casting say the mold has quit locking well and each casting is requiring a lot of cleanup on the seams. Sooo to make a long story short we screwed ourselves on this mold trying to make it fit in our smaller pressure pot. Now that we got the 15 gallon big boy we can make new molds that will fit without a problem and turn out seamless.

It always sucks to have to remake a mold and spend a bunch more time and money into a statue we already finished but we have a ton of orders still to fulfill so we will make it soon! So sorry for the wait but I hope you understand it is to keep the quality at it's best!
Arkalogik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 09:46 AM   #202
The13thWarlock
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Speaking as a customer who’s had some issues like this in the past, I wish there had been some more communication. A lot of people get that stuff happens in the statue business. A phone call goes a long way... just reach out and say the statue is going to be delayed a few more weeks/months and tell people why. Maybe the customer wants another statue that’s readily available. Maybe the customer would enjoy a 10% discount on their next statue. Maybe they would be happy with a few comics thrown in the box when the statue does ship. Or maybe just the call would be enough.

For me, one of the things I really like about ARH was that it’s a small company and had a personal feel. I think a lot of people feel that way. I had my issues with Arahom and said all kind of stuff about him, daily, but we bounced a few emails back and forth and he’s a pretty cool guy in a rough business where things go wrong twice as often as they go right.

The point? Take the time to call people who gave you $300 and more. They deserve it, they will appreciate it and it’s just a damn cool thing to do.
The13thWarlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 09:14 PM   #203
clutch
Sailor Moon

He did offer free shipping. lol Problem is they have nothing to ship.
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 05:59 AM   #204
The13thWarlock
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

They usually do offer something when they get behind to keep people happy.
The13thWarlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 12:08 AM   #205
DrJ
Frackin!

Has anyone actually gotten one? After some digging I finally found a retailer with one in hand. Just not sure if it’s worth it. I mean, looking at the pics, everyone seems right at the beginning of this thread. The paint sucks. Very cartoony looking compared to other offerings by this company like Medusa, Poseidon, etc. I seriously wonder if they rushed this piece and made it China made on the cheap while still charging customers top dollar on the sentiment of it being Eve?! Would just love to have it. But, am really wondering if the quality is there from anyone that may have it.
DrJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 11:19 AM   #206
thecollector80
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJ View Post
Has anyone actually gotten one? After some digging I finally found a retailer with one in hand. Just not sure if it’s worth it. I mean, looking at the pics, everyone seems right at the beginning of this thread. The paint sucks. Very cartoony looking compared to other offerings by this company like Medusa, Poseidon, etc. I seriously wonder if they rushed this piece and made it China made on the cheap while still charging customers top dollar on the sentiment of it being Eve?! Would just love to have it. But, am really wondering if the quality is there from anyone that may have it.
I dont think they will continue to make this. Dont bother to PO this unless you want to go through the hassle of trying to get your money back for an empty promise it will be shipped.
thecollector80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 02:48 PM   #207
DrJ
Frackin!

Didn’t realize they were still a preorder. Dang. I’m still wary enough to not do a preorder regardless. Would’ve loved to get a Arhian Forever or Arkhalla Seduction, but at the rate their preorders sold out and the fact I don’t trust them at this point...guess neither were meant for me. Lol. I do LOVE their new Medusa Victorious. But spending around $1500 plus whatever shipping costs...I just haven’t come to grips with spending that kind of cash in this hobby just yet. Lol
Old 12-02-2017, 09:25 PM   #208
thecollector80
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJ View Post
Didn’t realize they were still a preorder. Dang. I’m still wary enough to not do a preorder regardless. Would’ve loved to get a Arhian Forever or Arkhalla Seduction, but at the rate their preorders sold out and the fact I don’t trust them at this point...guess neither were meant for me. Lol. I do LOVE their new Medusa Victorious. But spending around $1500 plus whatever shipping costs...I just haven’t come to grips with spending that kind of cash in this hobby just yet. Lol
Well when you get to the point in your hobby where you are ok with throwing down $1000+ for a piece...do yourself a favor and do not throw it down this hack job of a company...i tell you they are almost a legit racketeering scheme. Actually i take that back...dont throw them any money...any kind of money.
thecollector80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 12:06 AM   #209
clutch
Sailor Moon

I can't even get an unfinished one that I paid for at the beginning of this year.
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 12:35 AM   #210
DrJ
Frackin!

Daaang. Didn’t realize this company had such a reputation. Maybe I’ll just steer clear altogether. If this keeps up, their statues won’t hold long term value anyway. :/

Guess this may free up funds to make an easier decision regarding a Prime1 Batman. Lol