Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Old 09-28-2017, 07:58 PM   #11
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafaelcab View Post
If only the fine art line was 50% off lol
You never know. GameStop was clearancing the 1/6 Wonder Woman (not Gal Gadot) for 50% last year.

Anyway, if you can't afford something or feel that the quality doesn't justify the price, don't buy it. That's the most effective way to let a company know you're not happy with them. Koto statues sit on store shelves for months/years when the vendors try to charge full MSRP for them.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 10:44 PM   #12
ComicJesus
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I said in the Punisher thread that this piece is too much money for everything that is wrong with it. He is way too muscular being the main problem, but the no rear sights on the carbine is just as puzzling.
ComicJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 01:15 AM   #13
ryuhayabusa6787
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
You never know. GameStop was clearancing the 1/6 Wonder Woman (not Gal Gadot) for 50% last year.

Anyway, if you can't afford something or feel that the quality doesn't justify the price, don't buy it. That's the most effective way to let a company know you're not happy with them. Koto statues sit on store shelves for months/years when the vendors try to charge full MSRP for them.
This is 100% true and you will probably be able to pick this punisher up on eBay for $200.00. Still what's next 600 for 1/6 scale when does it end?
ryuhayabusa6787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 01:24 AM   #14
qz33
Rescue

China has learned to enact the concept of wag the dog.

Kotobukiya remains the best value for the money of ANY company, period.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 02:53 AM   #15
masterlei13
Birdman

since its due next year, i say its a good price.
masterlei13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 03:39 AM   #16
built2shred
Phoenix

I think the main reason your seeing rising prices is because of all the companies making statues now a days. When Factories get back logged they start to charge more given there in such demand. Especially the good factories.... It wasn't that long ago Fine Art Statues were around $200.. I know I paid $230 for The Hulk but he was pretty big, Same with Venom... I only paid $190 for Spider-Man fine art..
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 04:55 AM   #17
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Eh...retail price doesn't really mean much unless you're about those preorders. They can ask what they want, but the secondary market will set the tone. That usually seems to be under retail for a while after release. Sometimes well under. I don't think this'll be any different.
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 09:21 AM   #18
IzeroI
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philintheblank View Post
Eh...retail price doesn't really mean much unless you're about those preorders. They can ask what they want, but the secondary market will set the tone. That usually seems to be under retail for a while after release. Sometimes well under. I don't think this'll be any different.
Yup. Unless it's an EX that's worth it, or something very limited that could possibly sell out quickly and go up in price then the secondary market is the way to go. I've purchased so many statues off FB and the forums and bought them for well under retail by people trying to recoup money or just trying to get rid of the darn thing. XM excluded though for obvious reason lol.
IzeroI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 10:03 AM   #19
actionjackson83
Midnighter

Somebody doesn't know how to bargain shop for Koto products... you regularly see 20-30% off on these at retailers so I don't know what's the point of this post. $230-240 retail cost is pretty acceptable to me today based on other prices of 1/6 scale polystone product. Now if they went PVC you'd probably see the prices drop down to $200 but nobody would buy them because PVC is taboo.
actionjackson83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 11:50 AM   #20
dechirico7
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafaelcab View Post
I wouldn't say all. You should check out what Diamond Select has been doing with their equivalent fine art line. You can get some nice pieces that are coming out for $135 a pop and they are 1/6 scale. It sounds like you are conceding to the prices.
Diamond Select pieces don't come close to Kotobukiya quality. It is like comparing their Marvel Gallery pieces to bishoujos. NOT EVEN CLOSE. And yes, ALL companies are raising prices.

I agree on bargain shopping. I watch Amazon for bishoujos, until they are almost 50% off.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote