Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Gentle Giant

Old 07-06-2007, 03:17 PM   #1
Krypton Knight
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

SDCC pre-orders 7/11/07

Found this on the Gentle Giant blog-

Gentle Giant – San Diego Comic-Con 2007 – NEWS AND INFORMATIONFor those who will be attending the San Diego Comic-Con, Gentle Giant’s booth number is 3513.

Exclusives Information

We will start taking pre-orders for the following San Diego Comic-Con 2007 Exclusives on Wednesday, July 11th. We are upgrading our website servers the end of this week and early next week in anticipation of the additional website traffic. An email with the links and information will be sent out on that Wednesday:

Star Wars - Commander Cody mini bust - pre-order quantity - 1500 pieces - $50
Harry Potter - Luna Lovegood mini bust - pre-order quantity - 300 pieces - $50
Lord of the Rings - Glorfindel mini bust - pre-order quantity – 75 pieces - $50

Star Wars Animated Yoda and R2-D2 Maquette - pre-order quantity - 250 pieces - $75

Star Wars Luke and Han in Stormtrooper Disguise Bust-Up 2-pack - pre-order quantity - 100 pieces - $10

Star Wars – Darth Vader Jumbo Chubby – Debut 1st 1000 Edition – pre-order quantity – 300 pieces - $60

* Please note – price reflects item price plus tax.

Only a portion of the total edition size will be available for pre-orders. We will be selling the balance of the convention exclusives at our booth (3513) on a first come, first serve basis. We will have an allocation of quantity to sell by day, so that those who will just be attending the last days of the show have the same opportunity as those who will just be attending the first days of the show. Limit one of each item, per person.

*PLEASE READ BEFORE PLACING PRE-ORDER*
The following measures are in effect in an effort to make these items as widely available as possible:

* You must be logged into your collector’s club account (regular or premiere guild) to place convention pre-order.
*Do not place a pre-order if you will not be attending San Diego Comic-Con
*Limit one pre-order per person.
*Limit one of each item per pre-order.
*Person who placed the pre-order must bring printout of Confirmation email with order number and a valid photo ID to convention center to pick up order. Name/address on photo ID must match name on order confirmation, or you will not be able to pick up order.
*Pre-Orders can only be picked up at the Gentle Giant Booth (3513) - There will be a separate line for those who have pre-ordered for pick-up.
*If you already pre-ordered the exclusives, you may not get a second of any of the exclusive items, as all badges will be punched when your pre-order is picked up.

PRE-ORDER PICK-UP

Pre-Orders for Pick-Up will be allowed to be picked-up from the Gentle Giant Booth (3513) starting Thursday, July 27th at 2pm and starting at 2pm everyday for the rest of the show. No Pre-Orders will be allowed to be picked up on Wednesday (Preview Night).

In cooperation with Convention Organizers and for the improvement of show experience for all parties, Gentle Giant has adopted a policy of only selling to fellow Exhibitors, Professionals, Volunteers, and other Personnel allowed on the convention floor prior to show opening on SUNDAY, JULY 29th, the last day of the convention.

For our club members who will not be able to attend the San Diego Comic-Con, we will be holding a portion of the above exclusives for sale through our website after the conventions are over. An email will be sent out when they will be made available.

Sincerely,

Gentle Giant Ltd.
Krypton Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 03:56 PM   #2
Gianco
X-Force

Thanks for the heads up KK!
Gianco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 03:59 PM   #3
stormshadow007
Death is hereditary.

Cool, nice quantity for Cody but Glorfindel is going to be pretty much impossible to get..
stormshadow007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 04:30 PM   #4
kingdomhearts
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Too bad the preorder is for SDCC antendee
kingdomhearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 06:05 PM   #5
abarron
Batman

Thanks for the heads up

Will be waiting on wednesday
abarron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 02:42 AM   #6
Colossus
Loki

If anyone that is a member of the gg club but is not into Harry Potter and wouldnt mind grabbing a bust send me a message and maybe we can work something out. Thanks
Colossus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 05:19 AM   #7
hawkeyethearcher
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

i'll probably order all of the mini busts.
hawkeyethearcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 09:41 AM   #8
Barbarian
Jedi Order

I've been trying to start a new Collector's Club account with GG, and I keep getting an error message at the top of page stating "Please resolve the highlighted errors before proceeding." Problem is that there are no highlighted fields or misinformation at all. That would seriously suck if I couldn't pre-order this stuff, because I AM going to SDCC.

Tried again, and fixed it.
Barbarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 12:19 AM   #9
Chris S
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

First year in a long time I'm not attending and I REALLY want on of the Yoda and R2-D2 Maquettes. That thing is just too cool, imo.
Chris S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 08:03 PM   #10
Krypton Knight
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Pre-orders delayed one day

Just got this e-mail-

Pre-Order for Pick-Up San Diego Comic-Con Exclusives Information Update

***Due to our upgrade in server capacity, we are pushing back the PRE-ORDER FOR PICK-UP for San Diego Comic-Con Exclusives to Thursday, July 12th.***

We apologize for those who expected to place their pre-order for pick-up for the San Diego Comic-Con Exclusives tomorrow, Wednesday, July 11th. We didn’t want to go up with our pre-order process without our full server support. Our upgrade should be completed by then and with our upgrade to 4 dedicated servers, we should be able to handle all the website traffic without causing any delays with the order process.

Again, an email with the links and information for the Pre-Order for Pick-Up for San Diego Comic-Con will now be sent out on Thursday, July 12th.
Krypton Knight is offline   Reply With Quote