Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Sports

Old 10-11-2006, 09:12 AM   #1
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Fans of the Bronx Bombers! Enter. Haters keep it move'n

It's speculation time. This disgraceful loss brings up a million questions and scenarios, perhaps the biggest has been answered - Torre is staying.

But what about A-rod? Do we trade him or hope he reverses his brain cramp? It's all mental with A-rod and I personally think he'll never play up to his potential in New York. The best thing for him and for us might be to move him. This is a bad situation because no matter what we get in return you know Arod is going to put monster numbers where ever he ends up and were going to be the retards that traded Arod. Alex had a sub par season to his standards and it still was a very strong season. He has that same season until he retires and he probably ends up the all time leader in homers and RBI -Not too shabby for guy that supposedly sucks.

The biggest problem since 2000 is Steinbrenner. I mean the guy is awesome. Unlike other owners he's always trying to find ways to make money for the team and unlike the other owners he puts the money on the field... But his win now mentality is F'n things up. He handcuffs Cashmen and then wants him to do miracles at the trade deadline. Steinbrenner needs to relax and try and build up the team some. No matter how good your team is you can't win every year. He needs to realize that.

Sheff's option is too big to pick up and he's club house cancer. Mussina's option is also too big. Next year should be interesting.

What say you Yankee fans?

In advance I want to say to the Yankee haters that inevitably will come in and post their BS here.... There's plenty of threads to post Yankee hate, we can argue if the Yankees suck or not in another thread.

Last edited by The General; 10-11-2006 at 09:12 AM. Reason: Because I can biatch
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 09:30 AM   #2
VaultMan
Advanced Tweet Mechanic
Adamantium Member

I dont really follow the Yanks all summer, but it seems to me that the club needs more arms. They didnt really have that shut-down pitcher this year, and RJ simply cant get it done anymore...
VaultMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 09:48 AM   #3
ant-man
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

ok...no secret im not a yankee fan...but in all honesty...i think they need to go back to basics and get pitching...thats were it starts...like when they had the championships in the late 90's...

also..chemistry...they need to weed out some of the overpriced all-stars past there prime, Steinbrenner is always enamored with them even when they are past there prime...everyone knew Jared Wright was a bad move..his best years ..or year was with the Tribe...

see...i can be civil ...
ant-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 10:19 AM   #4
VaultMan
Advanced Tweet Mechanic
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ant-man View Post
see...i can be civil ...
Aint you special!
Old 10-11-2006, 10:27 AM   #5
bat_collector
Galactus

I agree with vaultman. Don't get too enamored with that "all star" lineup. NO chemistry and some of them seem to have history of playoff failure than anything else (i.e. giambi, Lofton, etc).
bat_collector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 10:45 AM   #6
ant-man

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaultMan View Post
Aint you special!

I TRY....
Old 10-11-2006, 02:36 PM   #7
OneOne78
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

And here I thought this was going to be the suicide watch thread.

Here is my take on the enemy....

- Sheffield will not be back due in part to Bobby A in RF.

- Keep Mussina. He's a proven winner & can handle NY, besides who on the free agent market can replace him....not Zito.

- Keep A-Rod. Yes he is a head case & yes he did have a subpar year if you can call it that but atleast he can get your team to the playoffs even if he doesn't show up.

- Take Wright down a dark alley and put one in the back of is head. The Mets which are known for making bad deals even laughed at this one.

- Giambi....well not much you can do here but deal with him. If they could have gotten rid of him & his contract they would have when the steriod thing broke out.

-As for Randy Johnson - trade him if you must but good luck getting anything worth in return. Probably better off keeping him not many teams can boast having RJ in their rotation as a 3rd or 4th starter.

The Boss & Yankee fans - need to chill. This team still has best line up in MLB, a decent middle relief and the best closer in the game. The only improvement needed is in the starting rotation & maybe the bench.

You can't blame the Yanks early exit on Arod or any other single player. Its a team sport. You win as a team & lose as a team. The Yanks took a good team lightly and got burned.

I've been listening to WFAN on the net the last couple of days and want to thank all the pathetic lynch mob Yankees fans for the great laughs. You guys are so spoiled its incredible.
OneOne78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 03:09 PM   #8
VaultMan
Advanced Tweet Mechanic
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneOne78 View Post
You can't blame the Yanks early exit on Arod or any other single player. Its a team sport. You win as a team & lose as a team. The Yanks took a good team lightly and got burned.

I've been listening to WFAN on the net the last couple of days and want to thank all the pathetic lynch mob Yankees fans for the great laughs. You guys are so spoiled its incredible.
Best post Ive read since the Yanks bit the dust, and I agree.

Yes, they are more spoiled than month old milk. Some of the worst sports fans I've seen, good at complaining and asking for an ABSOLUTE resolution on things instead of understanding the progression on how to make a club better in the long run. they want theirs NOW, NOW, NOW...and when they dont get it, its FIRE, FIRE, FIRE.

Look how quick they were to USE the MEDIA (NY Daily News) to try and get a man fired by starting a buzz that had no foundation in reality...!
Old 10-11-2006, 03:28 PM   #9
ant-man

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaultMan View Post
Best post Ive read since the Yanks bit the dust, and I agree.

Yes, they are more spoiled than month old milk. Some of the worst sports fans I've seen, good at complaining and asking for an ABSOLUTE resolution on things instead of understanding the progression on how to make a club better in the long run. they want theirs NOW, NOW, NOW...and when they dont get it, its FIRE, FIRE, FIRE.

Look how quick they were to USE the MEDIA (NY Daily News) to try and get a man fired by starting a buzz that had no foundation in reality...!
you ..are the most sane person here...
Old 10-11-2006, 03:47 PM   #10
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Amazing that the only replys were from all the non-Yankee fans.

It's only the insane Yankee fans that think were supposed to win every year. That dream team line up doesn't mean sh!t - They need pitching and to stop signing old guys that can still play a little. People try to say chemistry is overrated but it's not. I'm not saying that the Yankees should be baking muffins together but chemistry does matter. I think Sheff and the Arod-Jeter tension is really messing up the team chemistry. On paper trading Arod is retarded but one of these guys gotta go and it's not going to be Jeter. It's a no win/win situation because trading Arod is dumb but trading Arod will get us pitching, a good player and a top prospect. But at the end of the day we won't get a Arod caliber player in the deal. So it pretty much sucks either way. The winter meeting should be interesting.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote