Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 01-19-2019, 01:05 AM   #1111
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maldis View Post
This was not a fun statue to unbox. It was more like a puzzle at times than a statue. I think Prime 1 hired Ikea to write those assembly instructions.

I also ran into an issue with the right hip spawn not fitting in correctly.

Even with that issue, I absolutely love this piece! It is a beast. I am going to display him without the spawn behind his head. That piece took away from the portrait.
I always hear people say that about Ikea instructions, but is it really that bad? (I’ve also seen that a lot in TV shows to show that a particular sex couldn’t do it on their own, which is of course ridiculous). Like many here I’ve put together plenty and I’ve never had an issue with the instructions themselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaypeso View Post
Completely happy with my purchase. Was worried about the tendrils being a pain, but it actually wasn’t that bad. I wished they would have maybe color coded them to make putting it together a bit faster, but really just a nitpick on my part. No breakage, no paint chipping. The plastic webs even went in perfect. One tendril by his left hand doesn’t key into the pipe like it’s supposed to, but I couldn’t be more satisfied. Love this piece.
Did you try heating up the problem piece like it says may be required in the instructions?
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 01:27 AM   #1112
mva5580
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
I always hear people say that about Ikea instructions, but is it really that bad?
All I'll say is that in my opinion, Ikea instructions/furniture are about as easy as it gets.
mva5580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 11:11 AM   #1113
DarkKnight85
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Just checking with you guys, so did I just hear that it is also alright to heat up pieces of the webbing?

I ask because the large piece of webbing that goes on the largest pipe, like barely fits, and it feels like it's going to break if it force the piece in.
DarkKnight85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 12:53 PM   #1114
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkKnight85 View Post
Just checking with you guys, so did I just hear that it is also alright to heat up pieces of the webbing?

I ask because the large piece of webbing that goes on the largest pipe, like barely fits, and it feels like it's going to break if it force the piece in.
I heated it, but use low heat as the heat itself caused it to curl up a little. Ironically, this was the shape it needed to be, but I cant guarantee it would work like that every time.
Nugchompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 04:56 PM   #1115
VindictvePotato
Shadowhawk

Super happy with this piece.

VindictvePotato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 04:58 PM   #1116
VindictvePotato
Shadowhawk

VindictvePotato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 06:27 PM   #1117
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

Great pics
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 08:25 PM   #1118
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkKnight85 View Post

Well it is right there printed in black and white on the Venom instructions page. But unfortunately it’s not the first time they included such text.

People across the two forums and the Facebook groups have successfully used the method to get pieces to key in correctly.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 01:30 AM   #1119
ComicJesus
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

This turned out amazing. Only the McFarlane head just doesn’t look like it fits in with the rest of the statue, but it is still well done. I cancelled mine after all the delays. I used the money on other things so I’m kinda 50/50 on regretting or not.
ComicJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 02:12 AM   #1120
HiTMAN
The Herculoids

Killer piece, congrats guys.

I'm on the fence with this one, really need a Prime 1 Spider-Man to go with it. Lame licensing restrictions.
HiTMAN is offline   Reply With Quote