Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 11-08-2018, 05:33 PM   #71
gagaliya
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Alien queen is $1100....and this is $950? None of this makes any sense
gagaliya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 07:06 PM   #72
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Price seems more in line with 1:4 scale than 1:5. Piece looks cool though. I’d personally go with XM’s beauty if I was in the market for another Alien piece.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 09:51 PM   #73
bonedaddy77
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

I’m glad I got my Alien Warrior and Big Chap maquettes back in the day. This new piece is interesting but not for me.
bonedaddy77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 10:24 PM   #74
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

I really do like the piece but $950 for 1/5 is just crazy.....i'd wait on the Prime 1 Scorpion or go XM or P1 1/3 Dog at $1500.
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 04:09 PM   #75
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGhostKnight View Post
I really do like the piece but $950 for 1/5 is just crazy.....i'd wait on the Prime 1 Scorpion or go XM or P1 1/3 Dog at $1500.

I know it's a lot of money and isn't directly comparable. But for 50% more cost, you're getting so much more with the P1 Dog Alien (At 1/3 scale to boot) I mean it's a huge and beautiful centerpiece that will probably never be topped outside of ADI's own at almost 7k! And even that is debatable. The price on this thing boggles the mind when you consider what is on offer for that huge amount of money.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 05:25 PM   #76
jfyahui
Death is hereditary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grphyx1 View Post
Not defending it but there are a lot of separate components in this highly detailed statue. The sculpt time alone would be insane. It may not be the price you want to pay but I can definitely see a lot more work time in assembly on this one.
I'm a huge alien fan,but I will stay well away from this statue,whoever buys it,will lose money,the alien queen
Is the way to go,..great dio,and will hold value,or increase I reckon,in the years to come...this statue I don't get it..and at 950????,
jfyahui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 05:30 PM   #77
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
I know it's a lot of money and isn't directly comparable. But for 50% more cost, you're getting so much more with the P1 Dog Alien (At 1/3 scale to boot) I mean it's a huge and beautiful centerpiece that will probably never be topped outside of ADI's own at almost 7k! And even that is debatable. The price on this thing boggles the mind when you consider what is on offer for that huge amount of money.
The big eye opener will be the P1 Scorpion Alien and what that's priced at, at 1/4 Scale and with a much larger and elaborate base if it comes in at around $1200 ....i can only see die hard ALien fans who basically buy everything wanting this from Sideshow.

Like i said i really like the take on it but the price jump from the other 1/5 peices and just in general is insane, regardless of whether legacy are involved or not.
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 12:47 AM   #78
ONEYE
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Looks like a crap covered angry polyp. Pass.
ONEYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 05:03 AM   #79
Lmgoes
Doh!

It saddens me to say the whole statue is cringeworthy. From top to bottom there are just too many aspects that makes me not like this statue at all. The translucent dome with hints of a humanoid skull with eye sockets...why the need to have this relation with humans? Why the eye sockets? Anatomically it's hard to make a good argument for their existance because Alien is blind, one of the design features that makes it even more terrifying (it is worth mentioning here I do not subscribe to every design choice from the original concepts, whether it's the translucent dome, the feet of Alien Queen, or any other traits that undermine Alien's overall believeability). The cat... why is there a cat in this maquette? To correlate with Jonesy? Is it to make this statue more relateable with a particular target audience? Perhaps. But imho this doesn't cut it for me, and I would rather prefer seeing other more original (alien) assets rather than Jonesy (which is not even an easter egg for being so bluntly visible). Finally the feet...I really don't know what to say about these apart from the fact they're anatomically too weird for comfort. Part of Alien's character success is based on its credibility (in a sense you don't have to suspend your disbelief to a great extent in order to see it as being real). This design pushed my suspension of disbelief simply too far. I praise the boldness and originality of this attempt at a different Alien, but overall it fails on too many aspects for me to be even remotely interested in having it as part of my collection. And I'll spare you all the harsh criticism I have about the quality/price ratio of SS's statues. Try again.
Lmgoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 12:42 PM   #80
Biggunz
Loki

Why is this so expensive? Sideshow don't got it like that.
Man the secondary market really ruined the statue game for everyone.

You can't by a statue anymore if you just like it. Now you have to love it.
Biggunz is offline   Reply With Quote