Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 11-03-2018, 10:50 PM   #24281
Agent23
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Sicario, Day of the Soldado - 8/10
Agent23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 02:30 PM   #24282
Agent23

The Strangers - 6/10
Old 11-05-2018, 01:24 PM   #24283
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Hunter Killer 7/10

Way better than I expected. It was a compromise pick, I wanted to see Halloween and the wife wanted A Star is Born so we agreed on this instead. I expected cr@p but at least better than Star is Born but it was actually pretty good.
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 05:10 PM   #24284
Agent23

The Strangers : Prey at Night - 6/10
Old 11-05-2018, 07:21 PM   #24285
ParisDean
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Suspiria (1977) - An American newcomer to a prestigious German ballet academy comes to realize that the school is a front for something sinister amid a series of grisly murders.

The acting is B movie-level comedy, but the cinematography is pure eye candy. 6/10

Suspiria (2018) - A darkness swirls at the center of a world-renowned dance company, one that will engulf the artistic director, an ambitious young dancer, and a grieving psychotherapist. Some will succumb to the nightmare. Others will finally wake up.

This movie won't appeal to general audiences. It takes a long time to get going with a convoluted plot and the truly scary scenes are few and far between. Having said that, I liked it more than the original. The public dance performance is a thing of beauty and the finale, a grisly spectacle. Radiohead's Thom Yorke also recorded a memorable score. 8/10
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 04:25 PM   #24286
Tayto_0
Sinister Six

Pan's Labyrinth-10/10 Watched it again last night for the first time in years, wanted to see if it really was as good as i remember. Beautiful, Enchanting, Magical Film.
Tayto_0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 04:35 PM   #24287
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisDean View Post

Suspiria (1977) - An American newcomer to a prestigious German ballet academy comes to realize that the school is a front for something sinister amid a series of grisly murders.

The acting is B movie-level comedy, but the cinematography is pure eye candy. 6/10

Suspiria (2018) - A darkness swirls at the center of a world-renowned dance company, one that will engulf the artistic director, an ambitious young dancer, and a grieving psychotherapist. Some will succumb to the nightmare. Others will finally wake up.

This movie won't appeal to general audiences. It takes a long time to get going with a convoluted plot and the truly scary scenes are few and far between. Having said that, I liked it more than the original. The public dance performance is a thing of beauty and the finale, a grisly spectacle. Radiohead's Thom Yorke also recorded a memorable score. 8/10
Hmmm, the plot sounds like Black Swan.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 05:02 PM   #24288
ParisDean
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Hmmm, the plot sounds like Black Swan.
Black Swan has been compared to Suspiria before the remake. There was even a fan-made trailer using the Goblin score of the original: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twvA_8dRjYo
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 11:07 PM   #24289
Meteor Man
Imperial Guardsman

I hate to even admit it, but my wife got me to go to the Nutcracker something about the four realms. What a lame, lousy flick. 1/10...don't waste your time is my opinion.
Meteor Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 02:40 AM   #24290
sylvan
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNovak View Post
Hunter Killer 7/10

Way better than I expected. It was a compromise pick, I wanted to see Halloween and the wife wanted A Star is Born so we agreed on this instead. I expected cr@p but at least better than Star is Born but it was actually pretty good.
Agree it was better than i expected. You can see how things escalate to start a war 8/10 😁
sylvan is offline   Reply With Quote