Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 08-14-2017, 11:36 PM   #381
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
At long last, Electro has finally arrived. I know this sounds like a broken record, but once again, XM delivers another fantastic Spiderman villain statue to the collector. What more needs to be said that hasn't already been said? I mean everything from the paints, sculpt, concept, cool base, second phenomenal portrait, maybe the best art print yet, QC off the charts, shading galore, best packaging in the business. This is in essence, perfection....EXCEPT...I do so wish the regular portrait was looking more straight on at the viewer than the downward angle it currently does.

From a display standpoint, if you are viewing Electro from straight on then this portrait doesn't work as well. If you are placing him slightly higher than eye view level...it is immaculate. The actual portrait is sculpted perfectly. It is how I best remember Electro from the comics and what I most appreciate about him...even more than his powers. The second portrait works from all angles and is quite honestly perfect...in every way! There really is not one negative thing to say about this statue. It damn near is a perfect statue and will probably be the best and only statue of this character for years to come.

Paints are flawless with lots of textures and neatness out the wazoo! For how fast these statues are coming from XM (4 - 6 months after PO), to maintain this level of craftsmanship is astounding.

I told everyone years ago when XM first started, I don't see this company cutting corners on their statues. You can see quality from the get go and I was defiant against some antagonists that just knew XM would fall off in a few years.

Like the Energizer bunny folks....XM keeps going and going and going! How befitting a quote for a review of a statue of a character that is for all intents and purposes, and electrical battery. Go figure!!!

Concept / Sculpt = 9.5 / 10 .5 deducted for the regular portrait having to be displayed above eye level.

Paint Application / QC = 10 / 10 As flawless a paint app I have seen. The intensity of the green and yellow are excellent.

Extras = 8.5 / 10 Not much in the way of extras except maybe the most immaculate portrait (screaming head) in the history of statues. Somebody find me a better head sculpt and paint up by any company and I will pay you $100...meaning...it ain't gonna happen cause there isn't. There may be some just as good...but not better at least IMO. As usual, all XM comic statues come with a wicked art print...and Electro may just be the best one yet. Nice color manual / directions booklet as well.

Packaging / Presentation = 10 / 10 This is Electro perfection in all honesty. I can't find anything negative to say.

Overall Rating = 9.75 / 10. The only thing I can say is I wish the regular portrait was more forward facing. Other than that...this is about as PERFECT a statue as it gets. Bravo XM...now let's see Rhino, Doc Ock, and Scorpion and Hobgoblin and Green Goblin!!! I think you folks are going to like the Gobby of Green oh...so...very...much!!!

loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 05:13 AM   #382
Lotus000
A day without sunshine is like... night.

XM did such a great job on this piece.

I made an unboxing/assembly video for those who are interested.

I also added something Electrifying to my display

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okrgCfZLC08

/
/
/
Lotus000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 01:05 PM   #383
punisher2000
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus000 View Post

I also added something Electrifying to my display

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okrgCfZLC08
/
you were faster then me bro
YOU STOLE MY ELECTRIFING IDEA !!! I already got the light disc here but Electro is still on the way to me. I bought the larger disc and in green so I will see how it will look like when Electro is here.
punisher2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 05:25 AM   #384
Lotus000
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by punisher2000 View Post
you were faster then me bro
YOU STOLE MY ELECTRIFING IDEA !!! I already got the light disc here but Electro is still on the way to me. I bought the larger disc and in green so I will see how it will look like when Electro is here.
Wow,
I thought I was the only one with this idea. Just trying to be a little creative to have my display stand out among others Very cool.

The Disk is vintage, and sold back in the late 90's. The first color they came out with was the one you have which is Green. The idea being is it replicated the Star Trek Borg units they would stand in. Later they came out with other colors.

The one I have is the 16" version, but the largest one they made was 20" version.

The Plasma disks are deceiving because they have a large rim of glass around the actual plasma center.

So the 16" disk only has 12" of actual Plasma arching. I'm guessing the 20" disk has 16" of Plasma arching.

Well congrats man, the Plasma disk add an electrifying background to the piece
Lotus000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 07:25 AM   #385
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

Congrats to the new owners!

Nice review @loricstone. Nice videos @Lotus000 and @Bmutha!
GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 07:35 AM   #386
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

Pictures and video review from Kris Bales

>>> Video review XM Studios Electro 1/4 Statue <<<

"The penultimate release in the original Sinister Six lineup from XM Studios... Electro!", Kris Bales.

XM Studios Facebook --- XM Studios Europe Facebook

Old 08-17-2017, 07:35 AM   #387
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

Pictures and video review from Kris Bales

>>> Video review XM Studios Electro 1/4 Statue <<<

"The penultimate release in the original Sinister Six lineup from XM Studios... Electro!", Kris Bales.

XM Studios Facebook --- XM Studios Europe Facebook

Old 08-17-2017, 08:31 AM   #388
Armored_Berserk
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Not fan of the character but I must say it turned out excellent!
Armored_Berserk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 12:41 PM   #389
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

Pictures from Ricky Pryana

"I am electrified by this awesome statue.

For those of you who are wondering, Electro fits perfectly inside besta, it's like Daniel Bel used besta as his reference when he sculpted this lol.", Ricky Pryana.

XM Studios Facebook

XM Studios Europe Facebook

Old 08-20-2017, 05:44 PM   #390
danteipp
Hellboy

Thanks for everyone sharing the pictures. It looks fantastic and XM delivered. I can't wait to get mine. I have a few statues coming in the next couple weeks so asked to push this one back a bit. The Sinister 6 is filling out nicely!
danteipp is offline   Reply With Quote