Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 09-14-2015, 03:32 PM   #11
Kdawg59
Sculptor of Gods
ProducerSculptor

I don't post much...but this.......... and I hate that I've become the grumpy old "the way we were" comic book guy... This one just about pushes me over the cliff on Marvel.

MJ hated Stark for everything he did to Peter during and after Civil War. This states that they know each other from when she lived in Avengers tower... so we'll just ignore the parts of continuity that don't work for Bendis' story? (who's writing I usually like)

We can't have a married and committed Spidey... but we can have a pregnant as F*** Spider-Woman?
Old 09-14-2015, 04:58 PM   #12
kal-el
Statue Forum MacDaddy

The only consistent thing from Marvel this past year has been the Star Wars line of books. Top notch all the way around. Daredevil has been pretty good as well these past few years overall. Otherwise garbage.
kal-el is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 09:57 PM   #13
Meteor Man
Imperial Guardsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post

http://www.newsarama.com/25860-mary-...-iron-man.html

So...

- Iron Man, not Spider-Man, is Marvel's flagship character
- Fantastic Four is no more
- Wolverine is Dead
- Sam Wilson is Captain America
- Jane Foster is Thor
- Amadeus Cho is The Hulk

Now this. MJ hated Stark after what he did to Peter in Civil War. I really don't get this.

Marvel's pretty much unrecognizable to me now.

Wow Joe...you pretty much said it all. This is twisted.

For one thing, how is anyone besides Bruce Banner the Hulk? I thought it was established a long time ago that gamma rays altered everyone in a different way, so "Rock Me" Amadeus Cho couldn't be "The Hulk". Oh, wait, I used the word, "established", didn't I, and we all know that establishing anything is not allowed anymore.

Maybe MJ is infiltrating Stark tower to exact her revenge on him, so she can steal one of Stark's suits and...let's see, become the Mandarin! Yeah...that's it!
Meteor Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 01:37 AM   #14
ickwinzs
The Rock
Adamantium Plus Member

Next thing you know Pepper Potts will be running Parker Industries.
Old 09-15-2015, 09:01 AM   #15
PureInvasion
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Guys take a deep breath...they're comic books. It's a storyline that you're taking way too seriously.
PureInvasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 09:42 AM   #16
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureInvasion View Post
Guys take a deep breath...they're comic books. It's a storyline that you're taking way too seriously.
Wait. They're just comic books?! Thanks for that wonderful insight!
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 01:49 PM   #17
ParisDean
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

When I first saw the thread title, I wondered, "What connection does Iron Man have with Michael Jackson?" Hah.

I haven't read any Spider-Man title regularly since One More Day so maybe I'm missing something. How can Mary Jane remember living in Avengers Tower without being married to Peter and everyone knowing he's Spider-Man? I thought the deal with Mephisto erased all that.
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 02:20 PM   #18
JadeGiant
Angry Green Rage Monster Mod. SMASH!
Super Moderator

I have jumped off so many titles so I am way behind on most current story lines. The Cho Hulk really irked me but I don’t really know much about the story so I guess it is wait and see. From a somewhat outside perspective (as someone not currently reading new titles much) it seems more like a soap opera than anything – As the Marvel Universe Turns. Putting on my “old dog” hat … I can remember when a series was popular because it was (wait for it) … written and/or drawn well. Nowadays it seems like a good story is secondary to a shocking change. All flash, no substance. Oh well, I still have the movies, and picking up older trades and original artwork to keep me going.

CAF
JadeGiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 02:48 PM   #19
ParisDean
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kdawg59 View Post
I don't post much...but this.......... and I hate that I've become the grumpy old "the way we were" comic book guy... This one just about pushes me over the cliff on Marvel.

MJ hated Stark for everything he did to Peter during and after Civil War. This states that they know each other from when she lived in Avengers tower... so we'll just ignore the parts of continuity that don't work for Bendis' story? (who's writing I usually like)

We can't have a married and committed Spidey... but we can have a pregnant as F*** Spider-Woman?
No one cares about Spider-Woman.

...which is an exaggeration, of course--I'm taking a chance on the pregnant Spider-Woman series myself--but clearly it's because the stakes aren't as high when making major changes to her as opposed to Spider-Man.

The only Spider-Man I read is the current newspaper strip where he is still married to Mary Jane.
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 11:09 AM   #20
PureInvasion
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
Wait. They're just comic books?! Thanks for that wonderful insight!
Well to be fair, the majority who sit and complain in these threads about these changes are likely ones who don't/rarely pick up monthly books anymore (as they only seem to surface when someone wants to whine about changes in 'their' comics). You never see a peep from them in any of the weekly 'Haul' threads I or others start.

Just seems like the 'old guard' feeling the need to constantly voice an opinion as if it'll lead somewhere. If what Marvel (and DC) were doing wasn't working they'd make changes. Clearly, things are working well (or well enough) right now that they can afford to take some risks. These topics just seen to pop up monthly to complain about a given topic and it's always the same few repeatedly whining and voicing the same arguments. This could almost pass for the SS section at times
PureInvasion is offline   Reply With Quote