Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Diamond Select

Old 07-21-2017, 10:44 PM   #21
UnicornPegasus
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

I have no damned self control at all...

Dark Phoenix is available at Gamestop, I did not know that before today, and it was very dangerous information. I went and got her. Be warned, check her out for defects before you buy her. The first one I was going to get had a huge chip/scrape on her bangs and a deep gouge/chip on her left shoulder. The third one I finally found (third store) had box damage only (that I saw through the packaging) and they are supposed to give you 10% off if the box it damaged according to the lovely ladies that helped me there.

Once I go her home, I found her head is little loose, which I think could be a common issue and maybe what caused the chips on the first one I saw (that they wouldn't discount at all even with damage on the statue itself.)

If they tell you they won't hold them, that's also crap, but there's likely only one of them per store from what I found.

Anyone know if they are actually numbered? Mine says 1/6000 on the foil tape, but I figured they don't chronologically number them, it's just a single one of the total 6000. Not sure though.
UnicornPegasus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 01:56 AM   #22
Josado
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnicornPegasus View Post
I have no damned self control at all...

Dark Phoenix is available at Gamestop, I did not know that before today, and it was very dangerous information. I went and got her. Be warned, check her out for defects before you buy her. The first one I was going to get had a huge chip/scrape on her bangs and a deep gouge/chip on her left shoulder. The third one I finally found (third store) had box damage only (that I saw through the packaging) and they are supposed to give you 10% off if the box it damaged according to the lovely ladies that helped me there.

Once I go her home, I found her head is little loose, which I think could be a common issue and maybe what caused the chips on the first one I saw (that they wouldn't discount at all even with damage on the statue itself.)

If they tell you they won't hold them, that's also crap, but there's likely only one of them per store from what I found.

Anyone know if they are actually numbered? Mine says 1/6000 on the foil tape, but I figured they don't chronologically number them, it's just a single one of the total 6000. Not sure though.
The sticker on the outside of my box says 1/6000 too. So I'm guessing it's just stating that it's one of 6000. Which is a little misleading. Especially to someone who doesn't know better. Sorry to hear you had so much problems finding a good copy.
Josado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 05:23 PM   #23
UnicornPegasus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josado View Post
The sticker on the outside of my box says 1/6000 too. So I'm guessing it's just stating that it's one of 6000. Which is a little misleading. Especially to someone who doesn't know better. Sorry to hear you had so much problems finding a good copy.
Ah, cool that's what I figured it was. Thanks for confirming!
Old 07-26-2017, 04:36 AM   #24
Josado
Statue Forum MacDaddy

BBTS says the regular Jean Grey statue is due "Late July", so hopefully we will see that soon.
Old 07-26-2017, 08:00 PM   #25
UnicornPegasus

Quote:
BBTS says the regular Jean Grey statue is due "Late July", so hopefully we will see that soon.
Mine's already been pulled for our next shipment from DCBS, so I think she's already out in the US.
Old 07-27-2017, 04:16 AM   #26
Josado
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnicornPegasus View Post
Mine's already been pulled for our next shipment from DCBS, so I think she's already out in the US.
Sweet. Post pics if you can.
Old 07-31-2017, 12:56 AM   #27
UnicornPegasus

Quote:
Sweet. Post pics if you can.
Will do. I'm hoping to get her Friday or Sat.
Old 08-05-2017, 05:23 PM   #28
UnicornPegasus

Got the regular version in today. The regular version has just a tad bit of derp going on with her eyes.

Took some pics of both:

Old 08-05-2017, 08:19 PM   #29
Josado
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Wow, nice Jean/Phoenix collection, Unicorn! Thanks for the great pics.

And you have the AoA Phoenix bust! How is the paint job on the face for that? I have been eyeing a couple on ebay for awhile. One of the listings has a pic of the bust, but its only one angle. And while it looks great, I can't be sure. And it's hard to find in-hand pics of one. Especially with no video reviews!
Old 08-05-2017, 10:38 PM   #30
UnicornPegasus

Quote:
Wow, nice Jean/Phoenix collection, Unicorn! Thanks for the great pics.

And you have the AoA Phoenix bust! How is the paint job on the face for that? I have been eyeing a couple on ebay for awhile. One of the listings has a pic of the bust, but its only one angle. And while it looks great, I can't be sure. And it's hard to find in-hand pics of one. Especially with no video reviews!
Thanks, Jean definitely dominates with the most cohesive display in my collection. I don't normally get variants, but Phoenix/Dark Phoenix is a must. I'm really impressed by how large the new ones are.

The AOA bust actually has a decent quality paint job. Here's some pics I took. I hope they help: