Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 02-19-2011, 04:19 PM   #91
Sledge Hammer!
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
Looking great! I'm a big fan of Dredd - this is the only statue I've got so far which I really love.

As I said earlier, the only Dredd piece released so far that's really worth having in my opinion.
Sledge Hammer! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 08:40 AM   #92
Sledge Hammer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin View Post
Have you got the Dredd Licence then or is it a 2000ad licence? Would love a few others, especially Friday!
That's a good question. Personally I'd love to see a Rogue Trooper made to go along with the possible Judge Anderson and Judge Death pieces, just for starters. If it does happen to be a complete 2000AD license, and Judge Dredd sells well enough to proceed, that is.

The ABC Robots, Slaine, Durham Red, Johnny Alpha/Strontium Dog, Judge Hershey, Halo Jones, Nikoli Dante, Sinister & Dexter, Friday, Venus Bluegenes, and of course the other Dark Judges - Judge Fear, Judge Fire, and Judge Mortis would all be very welcome additions too.

Gotta say, as someone with over 1700 2000AD progs (I'm only about 14 issues away from a full up-to-date set) and who has been collecting for longer than I care to remember, I'm very surprised that more folks aren't asking for changes to the gun, but oh well...
Old 02-20-2011, 01:21 PM   #93
Juggernaut
The Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledge Hammer! View Post
That's a good question. Personally I'd love to see a Rogue Trooper made to go along with the possible Judge Anderson and Judge Death pieces, just for starters. If it does happen to be a complete 2000AD license, and Judge Dredd sells well enough to proceed, that is.

The ABC Robots, Slaine, Durham Red, Johnny Alpha/Strontium Dog, Judge Hershey, Halo Jones, Nikoli Dante, Sinister & Dexter, Friday, Venus Bluegenes, and of course the other Dark Judges - Judge Fear, Judge Fire, and Judge Mortis would all be very welcome additions too.

Gotta say, as someone with over 1700 2000AD progs (I'm only about 14 issues away from a full up-to-date set) and who has been collecting for longer than I care to remember, I'm very surprised that more folks aren't asking for changes to the gun, but oh well...
I know of these characters.

The problem with 2000AD is they don't say if there TPBs are in full color.

If you know any Strontium Dog or Rogue Trooper TPB's that are in full color please let me know.

I have not asked for changes to the gun because it's only a WIP. The shoulder pad also needs to be larger again it's only a WIP. These changes to the WIP has to happen because I'm not buying something that is not comic book accurate.
Juggernaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 02:38 AM   #94
supermn619
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Torpedo View Post
I wouldn't buy it if it was mixed media.
supermn619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 03:17 AM   #95
Achaean
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Would love a 1/6 Dredd on his Lawmaster. A statue/comiquette/diorama would be preferred, but I would settle for a Hot Toys' version (ala Tron) once the movie comes out.
Achaean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 09:04 AM   #96
Sledge Hammer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggernaut View Post
I know of these characters.

The problem with 2000AD is they don't say if there TPBs are in full color.

If you know any Strontium Dog or Rogue Trooper TPB's that are in full color please let me know.

I have not asked for changes to the gun because it's only a WIP. The shoulder pad also needs to be larger again it's only a WIP. These changes to the WIP has to happen because I'm not buying something that is not comic book accurate.

Yeah but isn't now the perfect time to point out these things and ask for such changes, while it's still a work in progress? Once it progresses past this stage changes become more difficult to implement, and thus less likely to happen. Just saying.

As for the Strontium Dog and Rogue Trooper tpbs, sorry, can't really help you. As someone who collected (and still collects) the original progs, I never had any need of the tpb editions myself.

However you do realise, don't you, that apart from usually a lone two-page spash in a single story of each issue (usually a Dredd story), and maybe the occasional pin up, that outside of the covers and some ads that 2000AD was a black and white book for a great many years? For example, for a long time a lot of people didn't seem to even realise that Rogue Trooper was in fact meant to be blue, which is understandable if they missed that very first cover appearance of the character.

By the very late 80's they started doing the Dredd strips in full colour (and occasionally Slaine as well), but the rest of the book and stories were still in black and white, even then. Eventually more strips were done in full colour, and the book had about an equal mix of the two, then colour started to dominate, and by the early 90's 2000 AD had made the transition and finally became a full colour book, with only certain stories/characters still appearing in black and white for artistic reasons.

Point being, I doubt they have ever bothered to (re)colour any of the earlier b+w stories from the 70's through to the start of the 90's. As such I'm not even sure offhand if any of the original Johnny Alpha Strontium Dog stories were even done in colour, as that series wrapped up late 80's/start on the 90's. Likewise, I'm not sure the original run and version of Rogue Trooper got very many (if any) colour stories either, and from memory thathad basically wrapped up by the start of the 90's as well. Although there were other versions, spinoffs, flashbacks and so on made after that for both charaters in the pages of 2000 AD, of course, and these were all done in full colour just as everything else in the book commonly has been from that early 90's point onwards.

Just some food for thought.
Old 02-21-2011, 04:19 PM   #97
T-Bonz
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopCultureShock View Post
this character is rough and tough. using the computer design on this character is too smooth looking and it didn't capture the rough around the edges look of this character.
T-Bonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 07:30 PM   #98
Tin
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Bonz View Post
this character is rough and tough. using the computer design on this character is too smooth looking and it didn't capture the rough around the edges look of this character.
I've gotta totally disagree with this, I don't think this would have been said if this had been printed and nobody said it was originally done digitally
Tin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 07:53 PM   #99
Sledge Hammer!

Agreed.

"It's not the tool, it's the tool using it that matters", as my old man used to say.
Old 02-23-2011, 05:26 AM   #100
Juggernaut
The Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledge Hammer! View Post
Yeah but isn't now the perfect time to point out these things and ask for such changes, while it's still a work in progress? Once it progresses past this stage changes become more difficult to implement, and thus less likely to happen. Just saying.

As for the Strontium Dog and Rogue Trooper tpbs, sorry, can't really help you. As someone who collected (and still collects) the original progs, I never had any need of the tpb editions myself.

However you do realise, don't you, that apart from usually a lone two-page spash in a single story of each issue (usually a Dredd story), and maybe the occasional pin up, that outside of the covers and some ads that 2000AD was a black and white book for a great many years? For example, for a long time a lot of people didn't seem to even realise that Rogue Trooper was in fact meant to be blue, which is understandable if they missed that very first cover appearance of the character.

By the very late 80's they started doing the Dredd strips in full colour (and occasionally Slaine as well), but the rest of the book and stories were still in black and white, even then. Eventually more strips were done in full colour, and the book had about an equal mix of the two, then colour started to dominate, and by the early 90's 2000 AD had made the transition and finally became a full colour book, with only certain stories/characters still appearing in black and white for artistic reasons.

Point being, I doubt they have ever bothered to (re)colour any of the earlier b+w stories from the 70's through to the start of the 90's. As such I'm not even sure offhand if any of the original Johnny Alpha Strontium Dog stories were even done in colour, as that series wrapped up late 80's/start on the 90's. Likewise, I'm not sure the original run and version of Rogue Trooper got very many (if any) colour stories either, and from memory thathad basically wrapped up by the start of the 90's as well. Although there were other versions, spinoffs, flashbacks and so on made after that for both charaters in the pages of 2000 AD, of course, and these were all done in full colour just as everything else in the book commonly has been from that early 90's point onwards.

Just some food for thought.
I did not know there was so many years in black and white on the magazine. Thanks for the info.

I do know Rogue Trooper is blue.

You are correct that flaws should be pointed out while it's still a WIP so it can be corrected. So many times when it has been pointed out by people the company don't do anything about it Sidehsow's Neytiri maquette is a good example.

So I don't bother pointing out the flaws anymore no matter what company. I post if I like it or not when the time comes to pre-order, if I like I will order it, if not money saved.
Juggernaut is offline   Reply With Quote