Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 11-04-2019, 11:52 AM   #11
FDS
Justice League

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enforcer View Post
I'm just surprised they are doing dark fate stuff. Didn't they say they weren't going to be doing dark fate stuff? Dark Fate name or no name, I want that damn Endo 1/4 and that damn aerial HK! and I most definitely want the tank if it appears in the film. This is all I've ever truly wanted since entering this hobby. If it takes the dark fate name instead of the T2 name, so be it!

But for now, I like the vibes of this statue. I might go for it.
That's what I did with the Genisys arnold, wanted terminator arnold from the first movie, so I just covered up the garbage move name Genisys. Now it the terminator from first movie.

Don't think you see any hk in Df, do see some fhk with those ugly cgi endoskeleton from gensys pop up very briefly. A few seconds. And that's it all new crap.
FDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 01:57 AM   #12
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDS View Post
I guess still interested to see what they bring out for the garbage movie of a collectible.
Nobody cares about your movie opinions, this isn't the movie thread.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 11:51 AM   #13
Enforcer
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDS View Post
Don't think you see any hk in Df, do see some fhk with those ugly cgi endoskeleton from gensys pop up very briefly. A few seconds. And that's it all new crap.
TG Really? I know the aerial pops up from trailers. I'm sure it has a tweak or two but is essentially the same model as T2. I could not tell if I was seeing T2 or TG endo designs in first trailer. I'd prefer Cameron T2 designs of course, which I do see in the aerial HK and the plasma rifles the Endos are carrying. I did know it was CG and that's a shame. CGI is just terrible for endo scenes. Works fine for the HKs but my eye is trained for Endo props on screen and when I see CGI endo it's just terrible and I wonder, why pay some guy to animate this for like 50 times what it'd cost to make the prop and shoot....... I'm not sure what the problem is. I think real props displayed a machine like behavior while CGI makes them come off, well, as unnatural lol IDK how that's even possible.

I know DF has crashed and burned and some people only collect statues from movies people are interested in because it's all about being able to recoup their money when they inevitably get tired of their statues. And that's fine not everyone has to collect in the same manner. But I only buy what I want and I know will exist permanently in my dwelling, so I can go for this when most people might not even touch it. Though I will say that Arnold looks alittle bit more HEAVY if you know what I mean in the movie. I think this statue lost him like 20 pounds or more lol
Enforcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 05:14 PM   #14
FDS
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enforcer View Post
TG Really? I know the aerial pops up from trailers. I'm sure it has a tweak or two but is essentially the same model as T2. I could not tell if I was seeing T2 or TG endo designs in first trailer. I'd prefer Cameron T2 designs of course, which I do see in the aerial HK and the plasma rifles the Endos are carrying. I did know it was CG and that's a shame. CGI is just terrible for endo scenes. Works fine for the HKs but my eye is trained for Endo props on screen and when I see CGI endo it's just terrible and I wonder, why pay some guy to animate this for like 50 times what it'd cost to make the prop and shoot....... I'm not sure what the problem is. I think real props displayed a machine like behavior while CGI makes them come off, well, as unnatural lol IDK how that's even possible.

I know DF has crashed and burned and some people only collect statues from movies people are interested in because it's all about being able to recoup their money when they inevitably get tired of their statues. And that's fine not everyone has to collect in the same manner. But I only buy what I want and I know will exist permanently in my dwelling, so I can go for this when most people might not even touch it. Though I will say that Arnold looks alittle bit more HEAVY if you know what I mean in the movie. I think this statue lost him like 20 pounds or more lol
Yeah unfortunately they used cgi and new TG design Endo rater than the T2 endo. The cgi for this film I thought is really bad, it looks so horrible when they come out of the water, fake looking. Also when the rev 9 face ripples back its just terrible. CGI I don't think is all bad if done correctly. I thought the endo in TS was well done when he's fighting bale. But yes prop would have been better and T2 one.

As for collecting, I only collect from a movie I like and would not collect from a movie I don't like. Never collect thinking of resale value but some do.
FDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 01:13 AM   #15
#Brian
Shadowhawk

Just rewatched this. Its a fun ride.

The 1/4 scale statue I would buy is a young Carl before he kills Connor.
#Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2020, 02:53 PM   #16
Cromulon
Justice League

Thumbs up

Sorry lol but I agree with FDS. This movie was pure garbage and an outright insult to Terminator fandom.

statue looks awesome though! Glad to see CC is continuing Terminator stuff.
Cromulon is offline   Reply With Quote