Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 04-12-2015, 10:03 AM   #1
Roy Batty
Fantastic Four

My Chronicle Visit

Just wanted to give a big thank you to Paul-I live in Dallas, TX and Paul took two hours of his time to show my daughter and I around the Chronicle facility this past Saturday. We were both blown away not only by the original props and lay out of the facility, but by Paul’s hospitality-a true gentleman. In terms of product, it is top notch quality. I was contemplating ordering either the ED-209 or the Caine and after seeing them in person, they are hands down two of the finest replicas I’ve seen in my 20 plus years of collecting high end memorabilia. My daughter, who is the toughest critic I know (she helps me unbox and set up all of my pieces) has been talking about the facility since we left and how they are doing it the right way for their growing customer base. She’s leaning towards the Caine piece, but ED is so iconic-if I could somehow scratch up the funds, I may just order both. As Shogun mentioned in his post, if you’re on the fence, jump over and order-these will be grails in a year or two.

The quarter scale Endoskeleton is on my wish list as well after seeing the unpainted but completed sculpt. The proportions are dead on and the pose is awesome-the rifle looks incredible. The figure actually looks like it has anatomical weight to it as it is in motion.

Paul also shared some upcoming product that we were sworn to secrecy about, and all I can say is HOLY S#*T! Collectors of a few major properties and some cult favorites are going to have a brain meltdown once they are announced. Most impressive about Paul is that he is very passionate about film props and sculpture and he approaches producing the product for the customer with that same vigor. He showed us a few original props that he restored by hand and they are breath taking. One of the high points was his work on restoring the fiber optic lighting on a butterfly alien from The Abyss-just jaw dropping.

There so much more swimming around in my brain right now because there was so much to process. Chronicle appears to be the company that we have all been waiting for-high end and quality production with boutique style of service. If anyone can make their way to the facility, I highly recommend it-you will not be disappointed. Lastly, just wanted to thank Paul for the t-shirts-they’re awesome.
Roy Batty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 11:15 AM   #2
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

So glad you took the tour and posted about it. It was an exciting day, as a collector getting to see the other side of the industry, seeing the products before they're out and seeing the goodies at Chronicle.

Yeah, how about some of those upcoming pieces?!?!?!?!? When Paul mentioned them I was like NO WAY, you said it best MANY collectors will have a brain meltdown when they're announced. I can't wait, shockwaves will be sent throught this forum and mostly all others. The Abyss 1/2 scale was awesome to see!

Thanks for posting ur experience. Everything sounds so similar to mine. I too left there with a MUCH greater appreciation only reinforcing that this is the company I want to collect. Again you said it best huge on quality but small mom and pop type service.

and you gotta get ED-209
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 11:20 AM   #3
kkchan
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

I hope to have chance to visit Chronicle office, but I am not in US.

Everytime I see CS ED209 photos my mind will start fighting to get one. But till now, I still can't place order, as I worry once I press the button another more tempting product announced. As ED209 is cosnider high end (in term of price, details and quality as well).

Can't wait to see more news
kkchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 11:23 AM   #4
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkchan View Post
I hope to have chance to visit Chronicle office, but I am not in US.

Everytime I see CS ED209 photos my mind will start fighting to get one. But till now, I still can't place order, as I worry once I press the button another more tempting product announced. As ED209 is cosnider high end (in term of price, details and quality as well).

Can't wait to see more news
I think Paul said he wants to keep Pre-Orders to a 1-a-month schedule.

I think you have some time before some new massive Chronicle-bombs get dropped on us. The one guaranteed thing is ED-209 is a show stopper.
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 11:47 AM   #5
Shoo
Hercules

So envious of you guys.
Shoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 11:56 AM   #6
Chronicle CS
Chronicle Collectibles
Producer

Thanks guys, we have an open door policy, just give me a heads up and you are welcome any time....

We'll be announcing the ED-209 Direct order extras this week.

Paul
Chronicle CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 05:03 PM   #7
CAIN MKII
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Sounds better than a Disneyland trip to me
CAIN MKII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 08:50 PM   #8
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

Nice! I gotta do this some day when in Dallas.
JP Sarri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 04:55 PM   #9
Shanester
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Wow, that is some serious customer service!
Shanester is offline   Reply With Quote